What's new

Gorilla Glue #4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JW-do you know the real story behind the chemdog line? orignigated in CO?MT?WY?
im pretty sure theres a history of that somewhere on the site but it came from 13 seeds found in a bag scored at a grateful dead show in colorado in the 80's,one of those seeds produced chemsister which is one of the lines in this cross..

Jbomber79

Veteran
that is the story I have been told I did a look for it today but must have not typed the right key words...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The history of the chemdog family .... true ??? who knows :dunno:

https://www.*****************/index.php?/topic/9017-history-of-the-chemdawg-family/

won't let me link it ... so heres the C & P ...

History of the Chemdawg Family

At a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, 'joebrand' (aka 'wonkanobe') and 'pbud' met 'chemdog' and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. joe and chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In �91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can�t blame him). The 3 females were labeled �chemdawg� (now �91 chemdawg), �chemdawg a� (now chemdawg�s sister), and �chemdawg b�. In '01, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled �c�, �d�, and �e�. the �e� seed never germinated, �c� turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg �d� was the keeper. In '06, 'chemdog' and 'joebrand' reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, '4' being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the '4' was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the 'reunion pheno'. Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

Chemdawg Crosses:
� 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
� 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdawg x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
� Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdawg x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as �weasel�.

� 'chemdog' and friends made several crosses that are held closely by a small group of friends and acquaintances. Among them are:

1. Super Snowdawg (Bubble Chem x [Super skunk x Oregon Sno])
2. Giesel (Chem D x Mass Super Skunk)
3. Bubble Chem (Chemdawg�s Sister x Sag's Bubbleberry)
4. Dawg Daze aka ChemHaze (Chem D x �93 Sensi's NL#5/Haze)
5. Chemdawg D x Pbud (another old-school Colorado strain)

JJ-NYC has been working on a Chemdawg D-based seed line for several years now. He started by crossing Chemdawg D to Sensi's Afghani after thoroughly testing both Sensi's Afghani and Sensi's Hindu Kush to determine which was more stable and would be better for the initial cross. JJ then did a backcross, known as "Double Dawg." Several phenos of this circulate and several people still have beans. JJ's latest work to the line is a second backcross known as "Tres Dawg" which is just starting to get tested.

Rezdog of Reservoir Seeds recently released several Chemdawg crosses as part of his 'Trinity' charity auctions. The crosses included Chemdawg D x Sensi's Hindu Kush and Snowdawg x Sensi's Hindu Kush, Chemdawg D x Sour Diesel IBL, Snowdawg x Sour Diesel IBL, ChemHaze x Sour Diesel IBL and Giesel x Sour Diesel IBL.

"Original article by: High&Lonesome
Special thanks go to orgogliodiprovi and chemdog who helped me straighten out the story and exact details."

Jbomber79

Veteran
:yeahthats: now thats bracken it down :tiphat: DB interesting to see what the last beans are like, I've said it before the chem lines are heavy hitters.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've had the ECSD & the original diesel , both were fantastic . the ECSD being more sativa needing 80 plus days to finish & the original is more hybrid . i finally got my hands on the MSS too which i can't wait to try .
haven't tried any of rez's seeds yet . but i do have another cross that is my holy grail so far !!! the gg might give her a good fight though & thats the Biesel .

http://www.kindreviews.com/11/biesel-1/

But i've been pretty fortunate to know a few of the old dead heads that have some of the chem crosses from back then & was able to get a few seeds . got both the diesels from them & the Biesel . I also have the B8 which is GWS X SSH pheno#8 that was crossed with the D2 pheno to make the Biesel . its like a fat frosty SSH .... is nice , but its no Biesel :)

Last edited:

Jbomber79

Veteran
gratefuldead/bagseed... kinda goes back to Jdubs comment "totaly depends on what was in the bag, "... now it's gonna be totaly depends on what kind of three way lesbo action goin down..the gg changed the game lol...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup .... some of the best weed we smoke is from an accidental cross in some guys grow room or closet :biggrin:
the breeders take it from there & work with it if they're lucky enough to get it .

I'm really curious to see how she stacks up to the Biesel . the gg doesn't yeild as well .... but from what i'm reading .... the yield isn't the winning factor in the GG4 . :kos:

but its not for the biesel either :smoky:

Jbomber79

Veteran
mmm

mmm

DB- I love SSH tis my favorite of all time dont' know why just love a good ssh when I moved recently I ordered some see what happens... to be honest I hadn't heard of this Biesel yet sounds damn fine..I'm not sure if it's just me but I have a theory that that smaller grows with medium yielders are the best.?.. just a theory after spending some time in NorCal looking at literaly tons of bud the beset stuff was the smaller tighter nugs that came off in smaller batches.. and of course was a little more pricey and demand was higher on the more coveted crops.. Thank goodness for IC I've become a huge phan of this site I'm starting to really appreciate these closet growers across america. You should start a thread on the Biesel D I'll def subscribe!

Yup .... some of the best weed we smoke is from an accidental cross in some guys grow room or closet :biggrin:
the breeders take it from there & work with it if they're lucky enough to get it .

I'm really curious to see how she stacks up to the Biesel . the gg doesn't yeild as well .... but from what i'm reading .... the yield isn't the winning factor in the GG4 . :kos:

but its not for the biesel either :smoky:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Biesel is not widely known & i was actually surprised when someone showed me that review of her . i didn't think it had found that much recognition already cuz shes only maybe 10 years old .
I like ssh , but it just lacks something after smoking the diesels :)

Jbomber79

Veteran
varitey is the spice of life ehh.. there a certainly a lot of strains but only a hand full that are day-in-dayout performers.. you know the ones..right to the dome piece...and that only fimiliar smile.. yeah..

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some gorilla glue starting to bud.
picture.php

picture.php

Jbomber79

Veteran
thanks for bringing us back to the glue. Looks dirt nasty for sure!

?
how much are these stretching 2X?

Jbomber79

Veteran
i was lookin for the screen thats why I ask..it seems to be gone now :) it's like a light show in there little nuggets popping off everywhere :peacock:

captain planet

Veteran
Yeah Philth nice budset! That pic reminds me of the D budset, tho it looks a little sturdier. Great job! Thanx for the pics!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont know if anyone has mentioned the not only prolific but early frost production....seems like we would have bought that up by now...lol..

here we are at only 18 days of 12/12...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php