What's new

Gorilla Glue #4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my camera is what i would call a little old lady takes pictures of flowers camera,that is to say its an amateur level macro lens,its a nice lens but not a pro level one...
the real trick,and this will make no sense to most people,but when you get this bit it gets easier to take a good pic,is this....you arent taking a picture of the object,but rather the light that is reflected from or refracted by that object...
most peoples bud shots suck because of a) hand shake, b) bad lighting,grow lights are great for growing under but shitty for taking a good pic,c) bad shooting angle...most pics are taken in the standard from above camera angled downward shooting stance,a good way to get a boring,low contrast shot...watch a pro sometime,they are always hunched over or laying on the ground,at some odd angle to the subject..d) bad white balance...on most digital cameras you need to "show" the camera something white to give it a reference point to make the adjustments..

Mikenite69

Veteran
i hope this shot looks better..

i hope this shot looks better..

Here is a plant just harvested hopefully this picture looks better.. I will delete them if you want me to Unc just wanted to show my photo skills.. This with my cheap digital camera less than 100 bucks....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a Nikon D90 DSLR rig. I had all the gear, Prime Macro lens, remote shutter, Bellows extension tubes.. It was a great camera took outstanding pictures. It was a pain in my ass to set it all up. I sold it last year on Ebay...Now im fine with a Nikon s8200 PAS now.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I took some of Unc's tips and those were the pictures I was able to get. I just need to get a tripod and I think I might be golden just won't be able to get those amazing macros like Unc gets.

Peace mike

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I had a Nikon D90 DSLR rig. I had all the gear, Prime Macro lens, remote shutter, Bellows extension tubes.. It was a great camera took outstanding pictures. It was a pain in my ass to set it all up. I sold it last year on Ebay...Now im fine with a Nikon s8200 PAS now.

I sold my 5DMKII in favor of the Sony Alpha 7. It's still full frame, but half the size and weight. I love it, I'll never go back I don't think. In fact, the whole Sony NEX line is awesome if you're not looking for a full frame.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

your too close to the plant i think,check you manual but i think you're within your minimum focal length,most lenses wont focus that close to the subject.thats what allows me to get those close in shots,the minimum focal length for my lens is 1cm so the lens is right up against the subject...

Mikenite69

Veteran
Damn 1cm that is amazing!! I have to get a better camera or just keep screwing with it and hopefully I'll figure it out.

I have never been one to read manuals but I might just have to make this my first time and try to figure this thing out.

On another note might of worked out a deal for my sisters nice cannon I hope I get it. She got it for free for a contest she entered so any money she gets for it is pure profit. Maybe she will fold and just give it to me for a Christmas present.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Day 2/ Day 35

Day 2/ Day 35

Heres some more pics with my spiffy Cannon Powershot ELPH 300 HS. Whatever that is.
It has a 5x zoom, but if I use it the pics get blurry. I think its just for shooting far away objects. Not close up, macro tyoe deals.
Anyways..

Heres the one i just put into flower, Its at least 3x the size of the first one i did, and that one is 4 feet tall now. So i hope i can control it.
picture.php

GG4 x GSC/FireOG
picture.php

GG4 (day 35)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pappy masonjar

Veteran
No sir.
They are they work of kung fu master bigscoot.

And Yes, I think it was an very excellent idea as well. VERY excellent indeed. :biggrin:

Mikenite69

Veteran
That GG#4 x GSC/FIRE OG. are looking proper pappy! Props to Big Scoot for making that cross can't wait to see her flower out.

Peace mike

Status
Not open for further replies.