What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Nice! Four years ago I made some GG # four times C99 Cross‘ s .. JW Hooked me up with a verified cut and I sent him back some seeds ...I never did anything with them Since then , but what they produced were really really good I should crack some more see if I can get them to germinate ...View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Has anyone achieved 30% THC with a cross? Are you growing under LED's?? Seems like a lot of foxtailing. Have not grown in a couple of years, but second to last grow I got foxtailing from LED's too close.

antheis

Veteran
If I'm reading this right, you have a c99 bx to gg4 four times?

Wouldn't that, in theory, 'only' need one or two more backcrosses to find a suitable parent for a RIL?

That's the blueprint at least. Two different out crosses backcrossed to the same cut 5+ times then crossed to each other.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I'm reading this right, you have a c99 bx to gg4 four times?

Wouldn't that, in theory, 'only' need one or two more backcrosses to find a suitable parent for a RIL?

That's the blueprint at least. Two different out crosses backcrossed to the same cut 5+ times then crossed to each other.

Your reading that wrong.

he wrote it out

gg# four times c99 = gg#4 x C99

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes just a basic cross ... C99 pollen chucked from 7 males , I got some variety out of them ..Definitely going back to explore more

Jim Rockford

Veteran
And once again she comes in strong

And once again she comes in strong

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has anyone achieved 30% THC with a cross? Are you growing under LED's?? Seems like a lot of foxtailing. Have not grown in a couple of years, but second to last grow I got foxtailing from LED's too close.

Yes my firestorm wifi#43 x gg#4 does test @34%.. There are others.

Aspenou812

Veteran

Look at Tony Green beans the Gorilla Bubble crosses have tested over 30% like the Dans6 cross... that high and it’s all fire

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it clone-only strain??
It's a strain. The seeds were released. I found 3 keepers #18,#45, #7. #7 is still around today. I just culled #18... White Truffle (gg#4 x Peanut butter breath) is prob another

#45 low yield extremely frosty. She had to much leaf. After trimming there wasn't much bud so I let her go.

picture.php

picture.php

#7 high yield straight up OG ksuh pheno. Prob from the wifi side.
picture.php

picture.php

Loc Dog

Veteran
Yes my firestorm wifi#43 x gg#4 does test @34%.. There are others.

Does firestorm yield as much as GG4?

At my age, and a small tent, hunting for a great phenotype would probably take longer than I have left.

Do they sell clones in Colorado???

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Does firestorm yield as much as GG4?

At my age, and a small tent, hunting for a great phenotype would probably take longer than I have left.

Do they sell clones in Colorado???

FS#7 yields better IMO. Its all in the genetics and selections made to produce high quality seeds. Firestorm isn't my fav cross. I don't have any of those keepers anymore. Its a never ending quest to find and make the highest quality weed I can. I would have been out of space long ago if I keep everything. Rotating out my best for better phenos is the only way forward.

I have no clue if they sale clones in CO. I'm in Ca.. You can get clones shipped to anywhere in the USA from first class genetics. Prices range from a few hundred to $1500. You need a IG account to contact him.

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Veteran
FS#7 yields better IMO. Its all in the genetics and selections made to produce high quality seeds. Firestorm isn't my fav cross. I don't have any of those keepers anymore. Its a never ending quest to find and make the highest quality weed I can. I would have been out of space long ago if I keep everything. Rotating out my best for better phenos is the only way forward.

I have no clue if they sale clones in CO. I'm in Ca.. You can get clones shipped to anywhere in the USA from first class genetics. Prices range from a few hundred to $1500. You need a IG account to contact him.

Thanks!!

Do you know if it is first class genetics 2.0? There are a few of them, and never used IG before, even though have had an account for a few years.

I must have $1000 worth of seeds from Attitude, all highest rated, but never felt like rolling dice pheno hunting, while I have GG4. Now looking for a little variety. Might be best off growing a bunch in spring outdoors, taking cuts and flowering at six inches to see if any worth keeping.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just looked ya thats him. Ive never used him. Others have with good results. He has a website for seeds.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Can anyone confirm if this looks like the clone only cut of GG4?
View Image
View Image
View Image

Seems to have some leaf twist. A lot of foxtailing, usually from light too close. It could be, but not ideal results. It requires lite feeding, not above 650 PPM. Also best to SCROG. Wait for one of the experts to chime in. I have not flowered it in a few years. Was getting over 1 gram per watt, trimmed and dried to 63%.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are so many different versions that are as good to make any ID. Lots can change how a plant expresses. I cant ID from pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts