What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

Ez Rider

Veteran
She will stretch a full three weeks so I would tuck and weave for a full two weeks and then let her go.

Tie down early to spread full, switch to 12/12 ~6 inches before screen, fill the screen during the stretch, if you wait till the screen is full before flipping you might need a higher second screen

Thanks for the input:thank you:

I'm still at the rooted cutting stage, but once the plants start vigorous vegative growth, I'll be back for more tips.

I'm planning on running this scrog in a 3'x3' tent, using 2"x3" wire fence for my screen. Any recommendations for how many plants to go with? I've got 4, so hopefully that's enough.

captain planet

Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

That's 4 plants in 7 gal each in a 4x4 tent with a 3x3 screen under a 600 and in water only soil mix

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the input:thank you:

I'm still at the rooted cutting stage, but once the plants start vigorous vegative growth, I'll be back for more tips.

I'm planning on running this scrog in a 3'x3' tent, using 2"x3" wire fence for my screen. Any recommendations for how many plants to go with? I've got 4, so hopefully that's enough.

4 is plenty if ya veg them long enough , i run 4 to 6 & go over 2lbs per light . as a matter of fact , look at cappys last pics , perfect example ! looking good Cappy :tiphat:

Ez Rider

Veteran
View Image View Image

Training pic, and just before flip pic

This is EXACTLY what I'm trying to achieve, albeit in a 3x3 with a 315cmh. So, a few questions:

1) How high above the screen is the lamp?

2) Am I correct in understanding that you flip the light cycle before the plants even reach the screen? I use cmh lamps, and so far, I've found the stretch vs hps to be significantly less, but this is my first time growing Glue.

3) What size net are you using? I may return my fencing in favor of that.

4) What medium/nutes?

5) How often did you have to water the pots in full flower?

6) Yield?

captain planet

Veteran
1- I keep an 18inch chain on my hood and adjust accordingly..
2- yes I do, but they are trained and tied down, and I have left mh bulb in 1-2 weeks to cut down on stretch maybe un needed when flipping 6 inch before, maybe not..... No cmh experience here
3- I use 2x3 inch garden fence, so same as your planning or close enough
4- I do water only soil plenty of threads with similar mixes, tony green has a good mix in his sig, philthy had a good mix, I do a super soil kind of thing.
5- during peak growth and swell with full root masses max every other day.
6- yield = good for personal but not a coco + nutes under a 1000 watter yield ;)

morgandecaptain

This is EXACTLY what I'm trying to achieve, albeit in a 3x3 with a 315cmh. So, a few questions:

1) How high above the screen is the lamp?

2) Am I correct in understanding that you flip the light cycle before the plants even reach the screen? I use cmh lamps, and so far, I've found the stretch vs hps to be significantly less, but this is my first time growing Glue.

3) What size net are you using? I may return my fencing in favor of that.

4) What medium/nutes?

5) How often did you have to water the pots in full flower?

6) Yield?

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I run GG#4 in 3x3 tents with two screens and one plant and fill the first one about half full before flip,she will stretch for 3 weeks.

I run soil in a SIP design called a Octopot and feed at 1.2 to 1.4 EC,she's a light feeder.

I use Veg + Bloom and Calmag with a occasional tea and don't use boosters.

I've done 2 GPW and 2.2 oz a sq/ft under DIY LEDs.

Ez Rider

Veteran
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I run GG#4 in 3x3 tents with two screens and one plant and fill the first one about half full before flip,she will stretch for 3 weeks.

I run soil in a SIP design called a Octopot and feed at 1.2 to 1.4 EC,she's a light feeder.

I use Veg + Bloom and Calmag with a occasional tea and don't use boosters.

I've done 2 GPW and 2.2 oz a sq/ft under DIY LEDs.

Two screens side by side, or 2 screens, one over the other? How long do you veg? What size pot? How many watts of led? Any pics?

Ez Rider

Veteran
1- I keep an 18inch chain on my hood and adjust accordingly..
2- yes I do, but they are trained and tied down, and I have left mh bulb in 1-2 weeks to cut down on stretch maybe un needed when flipping 6 inch before, maybe not..... No cmh experience here
3- I use 2x3 inch garden fence, so same as your planning or close enough
4- I do water only soil plenty of threads with similar mixes, tony green has a good mix in his sig, philthy had a good mix, I do a super soil kind of thing.
5- during peak growth and swell with full root masses max every other day.
6- yield = good for personal but not a coco + nutes under a 1000 watter yield ;)

Thanks for all the good info captain:thank you:

I was wondering: How many growing tips did you have at 6" below the trellis?

captain planet

Veteran
64.... 64 1/2 whatever it took

Jk I don't know, but for the way I do each plant topped to make four leads, then those four get trained to be tied down to inches from the pot top leaving everything in between a top basically , so your 4 each is 16, then your everything in between then what ever extra from the in between which is easily another 32, then whatever branches out or comes from tucking and weaving a few. The screen for me is really just to keep a nice canopy and give them something to keep from flopping, the real work comes from the training. And that's just the way I do her, yep plenty of ways to skin this cat. Thanks for thanking me :)

morgandecaptain

Two screens side by side, or 2 screens, one over the other? How long do you veg? What size pot? How many watts of led? Any pics?

Octopots hold about 5 or 6 gallons of soil and over 3 gallons in the res. My DIY LEDs pull about 270 watts or about 30 watts sq/ft,made with top of the line parts. I don't really keep track of veg time,GG#4 is a monster vegger.

Attachments

• IMG_20151002_175442.jpg
    IMG_20151002_175442.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20150911_144846.jpg
    IMG_20150911_144846.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20151205_221115.jpg
    IMG_20151205_221115.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 15

skwirl

sweet smell of freedom. congrats. I've worn the lemon yellow suit + probation and it was no cake walk

Josie remind me to bow down and give you a 'Waynes' World' I'm not worthy next time I see you.

. Just finished my first "Glue Factory"...ooooh....ahhh...oooh. Everything is rosie sticky icky stinky and the yield was impressive. All of a sudden I'm popular in my small town again lol..girl with the sticky buds... get her!!!

I'm running with glue now!

NOTE: Dansbud your bud shot earlier in the thread was Phat!! Seems like you always come up with the goods

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is good news JW.

The more familiar I get with Firestorm I can see The glue in her. Flowers are more Dense. That comes from the wifi. These are flushing now. Nice run this time.

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolutely JW, I'm just waiting to here what Larry, Curly and Moe think of her.:woohoo:...

I will continue working on her. I would like a different terp profile away from the chem side.