What's new

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

Dog Star

Veteran
Now you got me Joesy...

what to think now.. yesterday touched buds and i feeled that there is some lemony smell,
still those plant is not finished and she needs some time...

so i will check her again in smell and stone departement after she finish..

but now am totally not sure what i got here...?? anxiety grows..

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Week 7 she could be described as lemony possibly by certain noses. To me its more chemmy smelling but everyones nose is different. My girl says lemony on my 7 week tester nugs. To me by week 8-9 the chemmyness goes to the back and you get that thick skunky musky funk develops. When I trim I get black pepper smells and sneezes my girls says im crazy lol...

I looked at your veg pics and other plants. To me it looks like it could be right. Dog, Your environment makes your plants have a certain look. I have seen similar in my winter grows when it gets real cold. Thicker stems, darker leaves, thicker leaves etc...

When you hit it once or twice youll know if the head change is quick and super hard heh...

N

noyd666

Now you got me Joesy...

what to think now.. yesterday touched buds and i feeled that there is some lemony smell,
still those plant is not finished and she needs some time...

so i will check her again in smell and stone departement after she finish..

but now am totally not sure what i got here...?? anxiety grows..

picture.php
steady there dog.

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx Tony for heads up,

enviroment is cold and turbo-windy as there is a lot of air movement inside tent,
growing under Gavita 1000W DE on strongest feature,,in a dark time i pull out 1
inlet fan so there is a huge negative pressure...,

maybe this made
her like Face Off OG... i dont know any more.

Am sorry if i show you totaly unrelated plant to GG#4,
have great spirit to grow and smoke Joesy plant but as you sees
maybe things are not a way i wish they go..

Anyway if i grow Face Off OG Kush is also good thing,i think Archive are good..

Excuse me once again and will not upload her GG#4 thread or claim she is what she is till confusion lasts.

Regards people

DS

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I say its environment. Yours is different than alot of peeps here. And I see similar affects on your other plants. I looked through your album. Looks legit to me in that pic i commented on.
Plus we talked before about your environment, she got cold air blowing right one her heh.

I could be wrong but going through your album and even looking at your other plants to see how your environment affects em, looks legit to me. Also looking at background leaves etc.
Who did you get your cut from?

If it aint gg4 it is an s1 though, look at his veg pics. I think it has a good chance of being legit, moreso depending on who it came from heh.

Dog Star

Veteran
View Image steady there dog.

Yea bro Noyd,you know me real good..

also there is a very hot days this days and then natural serotonine
get pretty low so its easy to get pissed..

good thing i dont drink alchohol so am saved from depression
for now.. ;) heheehe LOL

Will smoke one,eat some BHO... things are great anyway
and i love life,people,flora and fauna...also butterflyies too.. whooohooo

Wish only best :tiphat: to all of you..

DS

Dog Star

Veteran
I say its environment. Yours is different than alot of peeps here. And I see similar affects on your other plants. I looked through your album. Looks legit to me in that pic i commented on.
Plus we talked before about your environment, she got cold air blowing right one her heh.

I could be wrong but going through your album and even looking at your other plants to see how your environment affects em, looks legit to me. Also looking at background leaves etc.
Who did you get your cut from?

If it aint gg4 it is an s1 though, look at his veg pics. I think it has a good chance of being legit, moreso depending on who it came from heh.

But we need to wait i finish plant and maybe second round
with more GG#4?? as i saved some clones and then maybe will
be easier for everybody to judge..

what i found questionable is that Joesy told he is unsure..!?

so we need to wait that second run...

that cut comes from a person that is not bad guy in mine book
and i trust him somehow..
and when a plant was green Joesy was confirmed it was GG#4
legitt..

agree with you that mine enviroment is extreme,dont see much
collegues made a same so i cant compare with others.

Thanx again Tony :tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone get more than 7 leaves on GG#4 I don't.. I have plenty of others that do. It would be nice to know if this is typical for those that know there glue is real.

Last edited:
A

acridlab

the more i look at it, and the more the story comes out, i wanna say, too, that it could be the gg4, dogstar.
i tried the gavita 750 flex out cuz i only have 8 foot ceilings, and i swear it did something to my glue… it made the plants grow great but by the end of flower, it was all stalk and and little bud..plus it was directly under one of the AC diffusers. similar to yours. i always chalked it up to the 750 flex just not being able to put out, like the thousands..

a while after that, we tried to veg with it, and then flower under 1000 horti.. had same affect,, great veg, nice perfectly green, happy plant..

but the end result was huge plant growth, but little bud growth…
now the 750s collecting dust….

anyhow,, just thought this all ties in somehow,,, maybe extreme cold temps, with a gavita dont get along??

peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use gavita 1k turned down to 600 with the temps @72-76. I got the same I always get. I have more running temps are higher now that summer is here 78-82.. GG#4 performs pretty much the same for me. Sometimes she will toss a few naners but nothing serious.

A

acridlab

wonder if it could be shitty bulbs from factory or something. or the cold , cold air, blasting right on the gavita bulb itself??,, dunno, just grabbing at straws.. i believe in anomalies tho, and I'm superstitious.. never touching gavita again, lol.. peace.. hammerhead, ur new gear is looking tits, sir..

Dog Star

Veteran
I have less than 8 foot cause i growing in Mammoth 150 Q Elite and its
only 215 cm ceilling.. and i use 1000 DE on 1150 W feature in this space..

you could be right Acridlab,cold and Gavita made them look different..

but mine tops are not small cause of that but cause i lived 4 main colas to grow
and then plant buds "stretch" all around plant like more smaller buds.

Think if i just live 2 main colas to grow that buds need to be bigger and more volumenous.

A

acridlab

u make a good point,, your tops look way better than what we ended up with.. strange…
goodluck, none the less,.. will be watching this one,, peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya I want to change the main room to all CDM..So far I like what im seeing. Next week I start the conversion. The center E-PAP will get replaced with 2 315's... Few week after that the left Gavita will get replaced with 2 315. The last Gavita will stay until I can build up the 315 ballast/hoods/bulbs to replace the last Gavita. I will start with 6 315, end with 12. The only neg about these is the massive amount of ballast needed. Now I will have 12 of them mounted on the wall... I wish they made 630 ballast. This would be way better.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
ya I want to change the main room to all CDM..So far I like what im seeing. Next week I start the conversion. The center E-PAP will get replaced with 2 315's... Few week after that the left Gavita will get replaced with 2 315. The last Gavita will stay until I can build up the 315 ballast/hoods/bulbs to replace the last Gavita. I will start with 6 315, end with 12. The only neg about these is the massive amount of ballast needed. Now I will have 12 of them mounted on the wall... I wish they made 630 ballast. This would be way better.

Is this something that might help?? It is 240 volt though, which would require some electrical work - http://www.ebay.com/itm/630W-CMH-GROW-LIGHT-FIXTURE-w-BALLAST-240v-Ceramic-Metal-Halide-HPS-LED-MH-315-/172126077158?hash=item28138380e6:g:dssAAOSwKtlWobbZ

Also found this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nanolux-CMH-630W-Double-315-Grow-Light-Kit-3100K-120-240V-/231991117874?hash=item3603bf8832:g:UTUAAOSwLN5Wi8RC

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Hammer are you switching to the 315 lec?? The hydro guy was trying to push those on me when i was thinking about upgrading my 1ks

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
For what it's worth these pictures are from the first time I ran glue. It was in the winter so the highs were in the mid to upper 60s with it being a little hotter around the bulb. The lows were in the low to mid 50s with the lights off. This glue was grown around a vertical 600 HPS barebulb. These pictures are right before chop on day 67.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Same cut after being dialed in a bit and grown in warmer months.

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
What you say about quality of smoke,you love more winter or summer runs??

Winter time save terps,but good AC in Summer made same..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
What you say about quality of smoke,you love more winter or summer runs??

Winter time save terps,but good AC in Summer made same..

I would say that it's far more important to know how she grows and what she needs to perform. After you know what and how to feed, in what amounts and for how long, and also how to prune and train then it doesn't matter as much what season you're growing in as you can still make her perform. :yes:

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes,hope next time i dialed her more proper and green.

this palling in 7 week is too fast i think,but i feeded her very good with organic nutes,
liquid kelp,guano,yiest and mollasses,organic honey,seaweed komplex...etc..

didnt stop with food and still feeding... shes eater of good nutes.

Like she expect more..

Latest posts

Latest posts