What's new

Gorilla Bubble

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jimmy Rustler-f2 of 09 animal cookies x GB
Spent a year digging through the f1 for these then nearly lost the winner to reveg ha. Almost rustled my own jimmies. Due in Feb.

picture.php

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just wanted to share a G o r i l l a Bubble Bx4 hybrid i made last year because Gorilla Bubble is great hope it's ok.

I got a really nice lime smelling/tasting g o r i l l a Glue leaning pheno & used a very colorful male Pakistan Chitral Kush. The hybrid is near 8 weeks flower now & i took a small sample & it Smells/taste sweet slightly strawberry much like strawberry cough bx i grew 5+ years ago & the sample i tested was very stoney in the dome. I'm letting her go until week 9 then into re-veg i now plan on crossing her to strawberry cough bx in the near future anyways thanks for putting out this great strain!

heres the PCK male i used
picture.php

And heres the female Gorilla bubble Bx4 that was used
picture.php

which resulted in this beauty
picture.php

large fans removed
picture.php

Last edited:

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gorgeous. You can see the influence. Feel free to post more. She was made to breed. Love seeing the flower structure come straight through like that. Awesome job man!

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, You can definately see the influence in this pheno i got another pheno but much more PCK dominant but i dont plan on keeping it, i'll post the glue dominant pheno again right before chop next week should be darker purple by then too & maybe a dry pic later on.

Driver 8

I just popped some Pine Tar Gush and 10\10!

They are going to be topped soon at the 3rd node, their seedling sleeves are splitting!

Vigorous and pretty.

Thanks Tony, and I wish you and your family a very happy future and a swift recovery for the Missus!!

Ended up with 5 boys and 5 girls, kept two of each.

There is two distinct phenos here and I can see the shorter version squatter indica has nothing on the taller glueish pheno.

I have yet to cut either but am curious as to what you were shooting for with the cross...

No whining, they're all packed with frost and excellent specimens.

There is a sourbubbleish skimp on one girl but when you breed her into the mix a little recession is expected.

I'm eager for reply but mostly thankful for the genes....

Much love Tony!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Driver. Cant wait for a smoke report!
Since all of my outcrosses test and proof the mainline and I am always looking for unique lines it was a great opportunity to see how GB performed outcrossed to a landrace gene pool. Being able to work with Tom's gear was special to me as well since he was a major inspiration to me doing all this.
The line being worked by talented hands of leangreen and verdantgreen is even more special. Capable hands have worked the gene pool to say the least.
Its exciting to hear the glue phenos popping up. That validates some things ha. Personally I prefer the structure of the glue leaners so ptk terp profiles on that structure what I like the most.
The Ptk leaners are no slouches like you say and are excellent hash plants with great extraction returns.
This line is another fine example of gbs combinability and willingness to take on terp profiles while delivering the branching traits, increased resin production, improved flower density and potency bump shes known for.

So far she has proven to be very popular and tremendous plants are being found.
VG has a return batch en route to work with and I definitely plan to make another selection run later this year so hopefully we will see a lot more of these!

E

ESTERCHASER

gonna try your gear in a week or two to grab a pack of the bx gorilla and maybe another obscure selection. what i like most about you tony is your down to earth and dont act likje your a rockstar cause you got fire........this will keep me by your side.

G

I finally managed to acquire a known GG4 cut from a known member and plan on doing a side by side with my GBub BX keeper from last spring. Im really curious to compare them. Wont be till summer due to planning something else first.

I know everyone claims to have real GG4 but I had to wait here in the non legal oasis of the midwest and I wanted to make sure it came from a reliable source. My Gbubble grow produced some awesome flowers and my keeper from the pack.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words Esterchaser! I'm blessed to be a part of this amazing community and try to be a good steward of the plant.

Stewart that'll be sweet to see. I love seeing the cuts people find. There has been so many.... who can forget the abefroman cut or Dan's 4 or the jacrispy cut. Appreciate everyone who gave me a shot!

Bobby you might want to scuff those a bit and they germ a little slower... big sour b type shells. Make sure you take clones! The smoke will taste just like the stem rubs smell!

E

ESTERCHASER

How often can that be i wonder? where you can discern the smoke taste(with proper drying im sure) that will emulate or mimic the stem rub .....too fuken kool!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idk but it's annoying when im expecting peanuybutterpattycake and it turns out to be old shoe and catpiss ha.
I consider that to be one of the best f1s I've made. The sour dubb s2 is the deepest inbred gear I've gotten to go with the gb. Hope hammer blesses me with the s3!
The best ones give you the sensation of pulling a nose hair kind of on the rub or lime smelling salts.
Interestingly the flowers are maybe the least dense of all GB outcrosses. Really takes after the sour dubb in that regard. If you give them big root space and top a couple times and good veg light you can grow some big ass plants. Grow a lot of heads and lollipop halfway at least right before the flip.
When grown from cuts they get bigger and branchier.
Lots of similar growing plants but a good chance to select sweet or sour or skunky lime. I'm proud that they taste like their name lol

Just make sure you top them. It's the GB super power. Once you cut them they go nuts. Aggressive topping response has been selected FOR in all my lines!

Bobby Boucher

picture.php
picture.php

I’m blaming the sloppy wiring on my gf and her video games.

I pinched a dremmel tip between my micrometer’s teeth to make a makeshift seed cracker and physically cracked all the seeds, tip to tip.. It felt wrong while I was doing it..

I wanted to ask before I went ahead and did it but I figured I’d just get my feet wet and order another batch if anything went wrong.. but now that I’m here watching everything pop in a timely manner, I figured I’d ask anyways..

Is there an official TG stance on physically cracking the seeds prior to germination?

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Imho you are just as good doing a sterilization method as described by chimera elsewhere here in regards to his ancient skunk.
I have hands like boxing gloves so I never crack seeds ha. The lime GB have big seeds and thicker shells like sour b.
What I like to do is sterilize the seed then put my paper towel wet in the microwave, get a good steam then let it cool.. the add clean seed. Change towel every 48 hours.
Cracking seed works tho if you do it right I've seen.

Bobby Boucher

Yeah.. they freakin CRUNCHED when I popped them. It was terrifying, through and through. They all took right off though. Dropped them in a glass of RO with a bit of hydrogen peroxide for 12 hours and then spooned them into cloth pots of coco that had been sterilized in the pressure cooker.

I dunno. I haven’t done this in a few years. Goin back now to re-read chimeras thread.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Yeah.. they freakin CRUNCHED when I popped them. It was terrifying, through and through. They all took right off though. Dropped them in a glass of RO with a bit of hydrogen peroxide for 12 hours and then spooned them into cloth pots of coco that had been sterilized in the pressure cooker.

I dunno. I haven’t done this in a few years. Goin back now to re-read chimeras thread.

I scarify with 100# sandpaper and then soak in tap water for 24-48 hours. After that, anything that hasn't popped can usually be cracked with just my fingers. Anything tougher than that I use my hash press.

Been doing it this way for years, best way to get it done IMHO.