What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goodbye Joey Weed

C

cephas333

I feel ya...I wish I could run everything all at once and get it over with....I would need a few assistants of course.

oldman

Joey Weed..... We miss you, we're into April, 2014 now.

Your Sugarberry is doing well in a grow right now, from the last seeds I got from you. Well, it's got a rep around here, for sure. Likely my seeds will be around after I'm gone, as I'm pushing 77 now. Got some Blue Widow too. I'll just pass them on, somebody will work with them......

JazzJazz

I miss Joey also... Still have C-99 , AK47 and Northern lights in the vault of his. Northern lights is the one I haven't grown yet of his so I'm curious what it will be like....hopefully old school NL#5..

oldman

I actually didn't order the Sugarberry, I ordered something else that was sold out when they got my order, so they substituted the Sugarberry. My win I think as it's a superior plant. I want to get an analysis done for THC and CBD to see if it might have a medical future.

And I got a White Russian at the same time but it wasn't near as good as the Sugarberry.

So what happened to Joey? Hiding out, on the run, holed up in Amsterdam, passed away (I surely hope not), anyone know?

I will do what I can to keep this seed going. I'm getting both sativa and indica phenos although the seeds were small, and I love that Indica fat stem. The plant just has a great vibrant look to it, bursting out ready to grow. Maybe they look so good because the last grow was an autoflower, Diesel Ryder, a plant I've had trouble growing. It turns yellow and gets stunted, but what bud it produces is better than average smell and taste and high.

Oldman

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I miss Joey also... Still have C-99 , AK47 and Northern lights in the vault of his. Northern lights is the one I haven't grown yet of his so I'm curious what it will be like....hopefully old school NL#5..

The JW NL looked really good. If I remember correctly is was a blend of a few different NL's.

That's another one I wished I had grabbed. Luckily I got some of his A11, it was one of the first strains I ever bought and still run it to this day.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Yeah it was a blend of his favorite NL's.

Was that JW A11 in the Exploring Lunarcy thread?

mr.rogers67

On another board it is said that Joey retired from the biz. The blueberry was the best aphrodisiac weed I've ever smoked. I still have c99 and sugar blossom . mr.rogers

Skunkenstein

Just germed the last 4 Jw C-99 in my Inventory..approx..8yrs old, 100% success.Also germed 5 Kos c-99..only 3 outta 5 popped.Going to make more Joey beans, and pollinate a Kos female as well..Hoping for 2 Jw Males..fingers crossed!!

highsteppa

Veteran
I got some JW A11, been wanting to pop them for ages. I would have liked to grab his blueberry as well.

Pro Headies

Veteran
Man i remember talking to Joey back on CW forum 12 years ago or so. He was always cool and answered many questions for me. I ran so many of his strains wish i still had them all really. Ran C99xA11, Blue Apollo, C99xNl, Moon Shadow, Sugar Berry, White Russian, and a few more i know im forgetting. I remember him having the best quality seeds ever germination and overall quality. I wish him luck in whatever hes doing now!

Zomboy

Veteran
Man i remember talking to Joey back on CW forum 12 years ago or so. He was always cool and answered many questions for me. I ran so many of his strains wish i still had them all really. Ran C99xA11, Blue Apollo, C99xNl, Moon Shadow, Sugar Berry, White Russian, and a few more i know im forgetting. I remember him having the best quality seeds ever germination and overall quality. I wish him luck in whatever hes doing now!

How was the c99 x a11? i still have 10 or 12, never sprouted them

Pro Headies

Veteran
How was the c99 x a11? i still have 10 or 12, never sprouted them

The C99xA11 was nice. They had a tropical fruit taste. All head high with zero burn out stone feeling in the end. potency wasnt crazy but quality of high was great. Yield was medium-low with lots of golf ball buds.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've ran JWs A11, AK99, Sugar Blossoms F2 & Sugarberry backing each one up with another F gen.

If there's enough interest, I could share some of these Sugarberry F2s. I pollinated 2 females. One smelled like Mango & the other smelled of watermellon. Both plants looked very uniform in their structure having nearly the same height, branching pattern, leaf shapes, etc. Both were branchy and produced golf ball and larger buds. The menage a troi took place out doors and the seeds are thick & hardy & 2 or 3 yrs old.

I've also got Moon Shadow & NL99 I need to get to in the future.

So many cultivars... so little time...