What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Vibes

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey guys, the GV project is still ongoing... things have been changing fast and some things have been prioretized differently.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Do tell. Unexpected genotype? Something really old school come along? Different mindset towards the project?

Nice to see you back :D

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey wildgrow,

I've learned a little about the inhertance of the GV and that combined with the rapid changing nature currently in the industry I want to proceed carfully with the project and make sure that the integrity of what I am establishing as Good Vibes is maintained once I am ready to release it.

It's crazy times in cannabis and protecting the genotype from explloitation at the hands of corporations and shoddy seed makers while providing easy access to the people who need and want the genetics is a tantamount priority to stablizing the genetic expressions

SourDank

Veteran
Yea it's definitely crazy times right now, and when a new solid cut gets out everyone and there mother hits it with every grain of pollen they have around. I'd protect it too when you have something special which you definitely seem to have. Can't wait to try this pheno when your ready to let it out brother

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Gotcha. Totally understand. I said something to that effect yesterday about GG#4. Getting pimped out to everything just like GSC.
The unfortunate reality is that you cant protect it unless you don't release it.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
genomic analysis allows for some form of establishment and protection I think especially when properly filed, time will see how much protection exactly I guess.

my main concern is large commercial Rec farms getting my genetics then cultivating them poorly just to get large yields and then marketing an inferior product in the good vibes name (or any of my future genetics)... and the commercial seed makers too using random males to make simple crosses and bastardize everything. I dont care if people share, grow and breed the genetics for their private use.

I think there are ways to limit commercial use allowing a recourse of actoin if some company uses it for profit while still permiting private and collective use.... similar to how the creative commons works.

... and if it came down to sharing or protecting it I will share my genetics 90% of the time.

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
hey wildgrow,

I've learned a little about the inhertance of the GV and that combined with the rapid changing nature currently in the industry I want to proceed carfully with the project and make sure that the integrity of what I am establishing as Good Vibes is maintained once I am ready to release it.

It's crazy times in cannabis and protecting the genotype from explloitation at the hands of corporations and shoddy seed makers while providing easy access to the people who need and want the genetics is a tantamount priority to stablizing the genetic expressions

genomic analysis allows for some form of establishment and protection I think especially when properly filed, time will see how much protection exactly I guess.

my main concern is large commercial Rec farms getting my genetics then cultivating them poorly just to get large yields and then marketing an inferior product in the good vibes name (or any of my future genetics)... and the commercial seed makers too using random males to make simple crosses and bastardize everything. I dont care if people share, grow and breed the genetics for their private use.

I think there are ways to limit commercial use allowing a recourse of actoin if some company uses it for profit while still permiting private and collective use.... similar to how the creative commons works.

... and if it came down to sharing or protecting it I will share my genetics 90% of the time.

Indeed. :tiphat:
Well said. :respect:

SourDank

Veteran
Hey Infi, anything new goin on over there? Love the looks and descriptions you give on this gal. Jonsing for an update, possibly even with some more sexy pics of this gal lol?!? Need some good vibes in my life :)

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Sour Dank,

right now, I am working on getting things lined up to do a genome project on it... should it not be to cost prohibitive.

And, here soon, I am going to be making some crosses, more F1's and some F2's... but those wont be around for at least a few months.

SourDank

Veteran
I'm just glad to hear it's moving foward and to hear a time frame is even better. I'll be waiting for that drop for sure

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
, possibly even with some more sexy pics of this gal lol?!? Need some good vibes in my life

how about some pics of her sisters? You can get a look at what else might come up out from the seeds... grown outdoor.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

another purple ish pheno...
picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Vibes is an expression of the Angel Breath pheno found in the Sativa Hashplant x Kush f1 cross, here is another... the third one I have found from the line.

this one had a crazy bud structure was hyper leafy but was stupid resinous and carried the unmistakable angel breath terpene profile, but it didn't reveg so I dont have this one anymore.

(Angel Breath '13 - deceased)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
def something id love to play with:):) u in cali? i love the leafe pattern. this might be what ive been looking for. whats the flavour /smell profil like?

yep in cali,

the flavor is exactly the same as the smell which is predominantly super floral soapy cologne, pastry dough with a hint of mint and some of the typical pungent kush notes... a little pine skunk and hot cocoa powder underneath all of that.

But mostly it is simply what I call "angel breath" as all those aspects combine to create a unique aroma that really belies anything but a self desrciption... meaning it smells and tastes like angel breath in the same way that the only real way to desribe OG/Chem/Sour or trainwreck, is as OG/Chem/Sour or trainwreck... where anything I could type would fall short in relaying the experience. It really has to be smelled and tasted.

EDIT: there is one variety out there that it shares a lot of similarities with (smell/taste wise), though GV stands head and shoulders above it, but I am not touching that subject until the public has tried it and more people can validate that.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks SourDank... just killer genetics, I can only take so much credit for it

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
You write very well infini.. Just enjoyed reading the adventure. Hope this one is still cruising in development toward something you deem to be worthy of letting free..

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks kal... I try to keep it coherant, sometimes it works better than others :D

I'm reorganizing and reappropriating space and equipment right now, but yes... it is the priority here to get some more breeding done with the good vibes and the line that spawned it.

the Natasha has a pretty good GV influence to her, though not at all to the same degree the original specimen do... and as an ancillary project to the GV it will be ready and available first... though I am sure that wont satisfy everyone as much as being able to grab the orignal but that's what will come down the pipeline first.

SourDank

Veteran
When can we expect Natasha to make an appearance infi? You got me all amped up to get a taste of some Angel Breath, even if it is only second best lol

Latest posts

Latest posts