What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Vibes

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You and me like the same kind of highs...I'm thinking. I like herbs that travel along potently...can kick the shit out of me..but bring me into contentment land. I like my herbs to kick me up and down...more super high than stoned

Not always easy to find an expression with all the head directional abilities..and the flavors in the profile. Treasures.

I know you know all this shit...but wanted to post up anyways. Happy Hunting

hey man,

no doubt, the genetics we collect speak that before we ever needed to communicate... I can tell who knows what is what by that which they grow. :D

luckily this line has given me a 20% ratio of female plants that have the look smell taste and high I am after, the real key will be to ID a male that can mirror the genes of the GV through test crossing many males from the line... and working it a couple generations.

good to have you stop in,
thanks

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great man, can't wait to see what comes of the line. Although it already looks fantastic it'll be cool to see where you go with it

thanks Sour Dank, I appreciate it...

I can't wait either :D just gotta worry about growing more of it first... I am almost out!

---------------------

the S1s are going to be the first things done as soon as I get the supplies to reverse her, shortly followed by some interesting crosses... and those will be dug through to test the potentials there, then sometime late this year or early next year... I will start a larger amount of the F1 line to make F2s and then the work really begins.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Great smoke report Infi. Itll be interesting to watch this unfold as you work to and through the f2s. 'Like I was explaining things to myself'. Talking out loud, gesticulating, maybe even pacing - I know that head space.

Of the f1s that you've popped, how similar have the plants been?

For the f2s, I suspect youll go with a fairly high number of individuals (whatever fits in your space). Will the selections of the f1s be mostly made in the direction of the original AB, GV or a combo of both? Selecting firstly for the terpene profile?

Then its on to f3s to try and stabilize GV?

Im subbing in. This will be very interesting to watch a detailed breeding project. Sure to be a help if I ever want to do more than just chucking.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great smoke report Infi. Itll be interesting to watch this unfold as you work to and through the f2s. 'Like I was explaining things to myself'. Talking out loud, gesticulating, maybe even pacing - I know that head space.

Of the f1s that you've popped, how similar have the plants been?

For the f2s, I suspect youll go with a fairly high number of individuals (whatever fits in your space). Will the selections of the f1s be mostly made in the direction of the original AB, GV or a combo of both? Selecting firstly for the terpene profile?

Then its on to f3s to try and stabilize GV?

Im subbing in. This will be very interesting to watch a detailed breeding project. Sure to be a help if I ever want to do more than just chucking.

hey wildgrow

thanks man,

that aspect of the high is more of a calm internal monologue, think freudian... super ego, not quite manic or speedy instead its very tranquil and blissful, righteous maybe???.

I think I know what you are talking about though, I've gotten that with some speedy sativas or shrooms. I've also heard people report kundalini (one could say mystical) experiences similar and along those lines. ;)

the F1's all grew pretty much the same plant structure wise, they all have similar resin production with only 10% being average 60% really frosty and then 25-30% are down right silly, they all have good potency with again about 30% that stand out there, they all can be harvested between 7-9 weeks but could be taken to 10 if needed because of scheduling. There are three main phenotypes when talking floral traits... the smells and tastes vary and the AB pheno is the most prominent one while every AB pheno has been keeper quality where the others are hit and miss and may have a good look and smell but not the taste or they may have any combinations of desirable traits... but not the whole package... about 30-40% have good smells and taste combined with the resin and moderate potency... only the 20% that are the angel breath phenos have it all. none of the plants coming from the F1 have been slouches though. also I haven't seen any hermies yet.

yeah I will probably be starting no less than 60-70 of the F1s when their number gets called in the rotation... the selection of the f1 and the direction of the f2 will be a combo of the two, though as I mentioned, as far as smell/taste the GV isnt as full bodied with 100% angel breath terpenes and is more a commercial version due to the tighter bud structure and kushy tones compared to the AB so I plan on diverging the lines from one another at some point and create a solid good vibes line that regularly throws GV like plants at consistent reliable rates maybe with AB plants to be found in a pheno hunt... and then a separate true breeding AB line that I can keep forever and use to breed the angel breath terpene profile into other varieties.

bruce lee says "be like water" and that is sort of how I am attacking this, I have the destination in mind and know how to get there, the exact path I take depends on the one which best presents itself.

the GV line may very well benefit from an outcross to another, well made variety using true breeding parents... that I will begin working with soon, then worked back into the pure line... but again, water.

F3, F4, S2, S3, Bx1 Ix2 etc. etc. what ever it takes to make it where I only need to pop a pack maybe two in order to guarantee a GV pheno, which is almost my experience with the F1 line already although I have not grown out quite enough to say that with out a doubt. maybe I just got really really lucky?

thanks for checking out the thread and asking some good questions!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I should have asked if you might try to 'separate' the lines into AB and GV.

I was thinking that the f2s would be an ideal place to start doing that, even though that would mean popping twice as many beans to have the large pools to draw from or just drawing from smaller pools.
The way I see it IMVVHO, one wouldn't want to work each line in a mutually exclusive timeframe - as 'perfect' AB phenos (for example) would have to be passed by in favor of GV phenos while working the GV line.

And I, in part, ass-umed that you might want to hold AB - at least for the forseeable future.

I had to come check it out when you mentioned it in Jerichos thread. Ill wait patiently, but Im curious as all hell as to the genetics in these.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not opposed to people finding 2012 AB dominant plants in any future good vibes seeds, after all it is the AB terpene profile that really makes the GV cut anything different from a potent kush hybrid, but yeah If I accomplish a true breeding angel breath it wouldn't be released right away... and when/if it did... I wouldn't imagine it ending up in the bargain barrel ;8^D>

definitely, they would be worked together and not mutually exclusive until at least the F2 to F3 or equivalent generations and I had locked the AB terps down and then could focus on the more commercial aspects to the line, bud size flower density kushy nuances. etc. etc.

the AB will be purely head stash and only focus on the terpene/cannabinoid profiles the resin production and the resulting smell/taste, potency and quality to the effects all, other traits notwithstanding. yield, bud structure, flowering time etc etc pfffff! :jerkit:

again thanks wildgrow, I appreciate the pertinent questions!

-----------------------

here are some early veg shots of some cuttings...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

good vibes vegging out on the right side of the room, they will have clones taken and then switched to flowering within the next week or so...
picture.php

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Checkin out your work, great write-ups and descriptions bud!

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Checkin out your work, great write-ups and descriptions bud!

good to have ya guys along.

critter, thanks man.

------------------------------------

just for shits and giggles and because I will grow anything that comes from the AB just to see what might come out.

2012 Angel Breath Bagseed, #1 & #2
here are two bag seed I found in my 2012 Angel Breath, I didn't notice any male flowers or stamen, though I did have 3 males from different varieties live with pollen in the house at the time I was flowering the AB... an F1 of the AB/GV line, a Rez Sour D IBL and an ACE Golden Tiger. So chances are they were fathered by anyone of them. but they are looking quite a bit like momma, though it is way to early to tell if they actually represent the AB.

ABBS #1
picture.php

ABBS #2
picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm taking notes!

Thanks dude!

Very Nice report Infinite. Looks like your garden will be full for a few years.

thanks guys,

I appreciate ya checking out the thread.

And yeah ODW, so many projects so little time... things constantly get shuffled around though, sometimes the time and space opens up for new things.

-------------------------------------

I would have some updates on the Good Vibes but when I transplanted the cuttings and put them under the 1K they all freaked hardcore... I have since removed a few, transplanted them into some lighter mix and put them under my T5's, they seem to be doing better but I will have to wait a little while for them to recover before I can take clones and start over.

The one good news I have is that I got some CS spray that is supposed to make some feminized pollen, so as soon as I get cuts ready I will be making some S1 seeds to test the Good Vibes genotype.

If anyone here following along hasn't seen and is interested here is a test cross I made using a male from the AB/GV line crossed back to his pollen donor's female sibling...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=290476

Also, the Angel Breath bag seed plants are doing good and getting transplanted soon, so I will get some more photos of that up.

Peace,
Infinitesimal

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2013 Good Vibes

The Good Vibes plants are all recovering nicely... I am not sure exactly what happened and I think it was a combination of things... the plants looked like they were; being overwater, deficient/locked out, and light sensitive... even though they were under the same exact light that they just flowered under, they were just planted in fresh vermi fire potting soil and definitely weren't overwatered.

I put them under my T5, transplanted a couple of them into a larger containers of some light coco mix and just began watering the other plants more heavily... and they started to bounce back immediately.

So I think that for some reason the potent soil + under watering + intense light caused issues that looked to be the opposite of the actual problem.

-------------------------------------------

2012 Angel Breath Bag Seed

The more I watch these plants grow, the more I believe these to either be F2's accidentally pollinated by the AB/GV male I was testing at the time or random selfed S1 seeds from the 2012 Angel Breath cut. Either way I am pretty stoked to see what pops up, it may be nothing or it may be an awesome representation of the Angel Breath... we will have to wait and see ;)

ABBS #1 on left, #2 on the right
picture.php

ABBS #1
picture.php

ABBS #2
picture.php

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Vibes has been cloned... and besides the main mother, the remaining plants will be getting hit with CS to make S1's... this week!

here is an interesting leaf trat expressing itself in the two Angel Breath bag seeds... the two leaflets on either side of the center leaflet shouldn't be there and are overlapping in outrageous fashion, they have begun smelling very interesting... I am beginning to think, because of the smells and leaf morphology, that maybe the Angel Breath was slightly pollinated by a female kush from the paternal line (as I found a single seed in that plant at the time as well)... making them a female version of "Natasha" either way, it's interesting...

picture.php
picture.php

not that it means ANYTHING, but just a cool observation... talk about hollow stems! this again is the AB bag seeds #2
picture.php

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Moving right along. A few months and youll start to see results from the s1s.

The single seed phenomena is pretty interesting, especially when there are no signs of herming or bananas. Ive seen it a few times in my ex-roommates MOB grows. Don't think he ever grew any out for fear of a nut busting.

I think I would prefer to find an unplanned seed that way. I believe it speaks to the plants vigor through self preservation.

Im not sure that Id take it as a good sign of fertility if I did see herm traits/bananas that resulted in only 1 seed on the entire plant.

I like that leaf morphology. It would be even cooler if the 6th and 7th leaflets followed suit and overlapped the 4th and 5th leaflets.

-----------------------------------

Is there a proper way to number leaflets, for discussions sake or otherwise? Ive always considered the center as the 1st and then the 2 on either side as the 2nd and 3rd and so on moving out from center.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, things are moving at their own pace... I really wish the GV didn't react so poorly to the "hot" soil/environment, otherwise, I would have a nice batch of Good Vibes a little over half way through flowering right now! Oh well, hopefully by the time I have the data regarding the S1's... which should tell me a lot about the GV genotype... I will have the time and space to germinate more of the F1 seeds to start the F2 side of the project.

the Natasha's are also progressing quite nicely... and if they express the way I think they might, a GV x Natasha may be in order somewhere down the line too.

yep there were no signs of intersex or nanners from any plants in that room so I don't know where in the hell they came from, that's why at first I had thought it must have been from one of the males I had in other rooms, but the smells and leaves don't agree with that assumption... the best indicator, aside from the finished bud, will probably be if they are both female or not.

as far as numbering leaflets IDK... it would seem natural to go left to right, but that could probably get confusing... maybe 1 could be center, then 2 would be both the ones on either side, 3 would be the ones on either side of the #2's etc etc. so you could say #2 on the left? :dunno:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I could use a little of Natashas Good Vibes right about now.

I dunno. I was thinking about the way the leaflets naturally multiply as it progresses through veg - single leaf, then 2nd and 3rd leaves, then 4th and 5th. Doesn't really matter.

Yes, if theyre both females and stay close to true to the mothers traits. You might have a couple cases of immaculate conception there. Might still be true even if you get a male expressing plant. But 2 beans is hardly an accurate representation of a population, not that you need to be told that.

Look at Peyote Purple. That was a fem project, yet a male turns up in 1 out of 40 beans or 2.5% of the time. Whether they are true males or male expressing females I think is still yet to be tested. I might recall someone chucking the pollen and determining that it was sterile, but don't hold me to that.

Zomboy

Veteran
sounds like an interesting cross.

thanks for the thread, it was a good read!

relic1981

Veteran
def something id love to play with:):) u in cali? i love the leafe pattern. this might be what ive been looking for. whats the flavour /smell profil like?