What's new

good oil pen??

usda101

Finally received my Nem clone with 3D RDA today , Still waiting for and Addy hammalamma recommened . Gonna pick up 18650 batteries today which brings me to my question . Running that voltage will the coil wire supplied with this addy be sufficient ? Im not sure what gauge it is but it's prety thin and probably the smallest they come . Will get pics up shortly .

K

kingtut106

I've made the change away from patriot/nimbus atomizer to the kanger mini protank 3. It has a cup built around the area that the coil sits, huge plus since I'm lazy. The only downside is rebuilding takes a little more time, but once you get it down it is just as easy.

K

kingtut106

For building coils I like to use a 2mm or 1/16" diameter tool you can use a drill bit, small screw driver, or a needle just make sure it has a uniform diameter. I use 28g kanthal (you can use 26-32 gauge) wire you can order it on ebay (I order from lightingvapes) wrap around 8-12 as tight as you can. Depending on your deserved resistance, which you need an ohm reader to check, you can vary the amount of wraps. I like to keep my coil on the device I wrapped it on when putting the wires into the atomizer to help keep the shape.

I would recommend getting an ohm reader to test your coils and nitecore charger for your 18650 or 18350 AW IMR batteries (I highly recommend only using those only)

When using stainless steel mesh you need to torch and quench the material in water to oxidize it. I like rolling the mesh up first them doing this step followed by re-rolling and repeating to get a tight wick. You wick should slide into your coil easily, it should not be squeezed inside the coils and should have enough friction so it doesn't slide out.

K

kingtut106

I apologize for the multiple posts, feel free to message me if you have questions I don't want to hijack the thread dab on

lKRNy2w

usda101

Not pretty but complete with 9 wraps each side will do a better job next time .Is only mesh is needed preped in the manner u stated , minus the cotton correct ? I do have a multi voltage meter but pretty green in using it . If im using it correctly im at 00.7 - oo.1 when touching both probes together . Im trying to not ask silly questions just try to get it right and THANKS very much.

K

kingtut106

The image didn't work unfortunately (I'm not good at this either haha)

I don't like using cotton even if it is organic, some people do and you can try it if you like. But as you asked I only use ss mesh rolled pretty tightly, just make sure you oxidize it. I like to hold the rolled mesh with pliers and torch it. You could use a standard bic lighter, but it will take a significantly longer time. I'm going to assume you meant .7-1 ohm and that should work well.

A few helpful tips when making a coils -

I always torch my wire before twisting my coils, this helps remove the springiness from the wire and removes any factor oils. After I finished my desired amount of wraps I slide the coil off the tool and torch it again followed by slight compression using flat end tweezers to get a nice uniform distance between the wraps.

usda101

Will try and figure out why Pic is'nt working . And i could have done a much better after looking at it and will tune it a little more once i get batteries tomo . Going to try the Mesh , I have another Atty in transit i will try the cotton with . Will update tomo , I also would like your input on a good dry herb atty if you have any ?

K

kingtut106

I've never wanted to get involved in a dry herb atomizer solely because it isn't a full melt product. I know there are some products out there and people who do it, but it's not my expertise. I would recommend the arizer solo though, it is a little bulky compared to a pen, but is a great product for herb

hammalamma

Veteran
For building coils I like to use a 2mm or 1/16" diameter tool you can use a drill bit, small screw driver, or a needle just make sure it has a uniform diameter. I use 28g kanthal (you can use 26-32 gauge) wire you can order it on ebay (I order from lightingvapes) wrap around 8-12 as tight as you can. Depending on your deserved resistance, which you need an ohm reader to check, you can vary the amount of wraps. I like to keep my coil on the device I wrapped it on when putting the wires into the atomizer to help keep the shape.

I would recommend getting an ohm reader to test your coils and nitecore charger for your 18650 or 18350 AW IMR batteries (I highly recommend only using those only)

When using stainless steel mesh you need to torch and quench the material in water to oxidize it. I like rolling the mesh up first them doing this step followed by re-rolling and repeating to get a tight wick. You wick should slide into your coil easily, it should not be squeezed inside the coils and should have enough friction so it doesn't slide out.

All very good info except for the batteries, sony vtc5's are the best hands down and do not run anything under 1 ohm on 18350.
http://illuminationsupply.com/batte...gh-discharge-flat-top-p-966.html#.U1nrIFVdWYE

usda101

Been a little busy and have'nt had time to get out last few days so no batteries yet . But heres wat i have learned about the Nem Clone with 3D RBA from Fasttech . First thing is getting the metal and machining oil taste out of it . You must take every componet apart including O rings soak them in Dawn soap then wash even getting in the threads of screws and screw holes , Pics show how it shud look taken apart . Reassemble excluding the top O ring of the air adjuster ring (impossible to adjust with both O rings unless u take atty off pen) As this is the main complaint about this Atty . With One O ring you can hold and adjust ring in same hand using ur thumb . Then comes building your coils and checking Ohms which i have completed i Bought two so got some practice doing the coils . I'm going with the setup Kingtut has , So will be using mesh which i just need to oxidize . So to sum things up until i go pickup Batteries , I really like this thing it's no longer then 2 Bic lighters , I'ts pretty sleak , Cheap and can be modified . Vape report coming soon .

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Learn more about Vape Pens in the next issue of IC Magazine.

I'm working on the story, atm. :)

BTW, it will include a review of Gentleman's Vapes.

-Skip

Hee, hee, hee, look forward to your review!

We are currently testing the Gentlemen's Vapes Ambassador G-3 kit and their Viceroy. Both slick and working well.

THC4SIM

The Atmos RX, JR / Jewel, both good quality pens for wax/oil..
ive had both of the for only 2 weeks so far, and still very happy with them..

the g-pens and cloud pens aint worth shit, hardly any toke from them..
and crap build quality.. ;( break real quick.. not bad if you only need one for a week..

usda101

Been using the Nem clone from time to time since i purchased it . Bought some nicotine free Black cherry Flavored Ejuice after running out of Wax . The 3D addy is perfect for Ejuice, I love this thing . Took fastteach two months to deliver my spare addy thats better suited for Wax , pics coming soon .