What's new

Good Night Irene!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Yeah, it's amazing how we preserve a 19th century bridge yet 50% of our modern bridges are falling apart. We have a modern replica no too far from the house. It's pretty cool but doesn't have the old world look.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I saw a video of that covered bridge going down...think it was on the NY Times website....there was a bunch of people who lived near the bridge watching as it slowly succombed to the swollen river, they were really upset, some crying.

Covered bridges are very cool, and rare. I felt very sad myself watching that video.

Here is a short video of that event, its been shortened so you don't hear the people's reactions as much....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srKMZN5tTc

U4ic

Some clean up....lol

picture.php

S

stoney-trees

I dont know...I might seal the cracks off and leave it.

Thats one hell of a story. If they dont believe it, send them to the bathroom.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you probably wouldn't have to drive too far to find a family in need of your genny, whether you just lend or sell the unit to them I'm sure it would return the comforts and confidence of their home to the family.......

I put it up on craigslist rather than return it figuring I could help someone local. I was without power a few years back for 3 days and I remember it being a miserable experience, particularly cuz I was late into flower. I did run cfls off our car to preserve my light cycle, but the humidity killed me.

I got the genny mainly to run my dehumidifier if we lost power, but I got big enough so I could run my house and probably a small light or two as well. We got a few responses to the craiglist ad so far but I still got it. 25 gallons of gas, two liters of oil, and all connections too.

I wish I could keep this thing so bad. I wanted to open that box all weekend, but just can't drop that much right now. It was almost like I was wishing we lost power just so I could play with the thing.

people w/out power don't have access to CL, wanna sell it fast then head into any area that got whacked; both homeowners and contractors would be in need of extra power.......

sutra1

4 flippin days without power..............garden survived in great shape.......all's well that ends well

H

h^2 O

I didn't have ANY problems with the hurricane - didn't lose power or phone or water...rained a bit, tiny bit of wind, that's it. Feel bad for the 100k people in my state still without power.
Yeah I saw that bridge fall too...but it was like 200 years old and would have eventually collapsed anyway, probably with people in cars on it.
Guess theres some chaos going on in Foxboro - all the residents are still without power, yet the Patriots have power at Gillette stadium. There's a town meeting right now voting on whether or not the game should be played tomorrow. The residents are just about rallying around with pitchforks and torches. Pretty messed up having a game next door and not being able to watch it on tv (or shave or make coffee or turn the water heater on). I say give the residents free admission to the game as well as like 3 hotdogs and 2 sodas and popcorn. Bob Kraft is a slimy little weasle piece of shit. I hate the Patriots.
simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

sticks.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... Yeah I saw that bridge fall too...but it was like 200 years old and would have eventually collapsed anyway, probably with people in cars on it.

If you're talking about a covered bridge, they're usually maintained. The covered structure makes the bridge last longer. Lots of repair goes into the cover over the decades, kind of like repairing the roof on your house.

One of those wash outs stranded a wedding party for 4 days, lol, About time for the divorce.

H

h^2 O

If you're talking about a covered bridge, they're usually maintained. The covered structure makes the bridge last longer. Lots of repair goes into the cover over the decades, kind of like repairing the roof on your house.

One of those wash outs stranded a wedding party for 4 days, lol, About time for the divorce.

I hear ya...but seems like every covered bridge I've seen in film collapses or is sketchy...bridges from -

Silver Bullet (starts falling apart at the most ill-opportune time - when a werewolf is chasing a kid who's in a wheelchair)

Beetlejuice (how the couple actually comes to die and haunt their house alongside Beetlejuice)

15corey-haim-silver-bullet1.jpg

beetlejuice_intro.jpg