What's new

Tropical Depression form in Gulf of Mexico

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I hope this right spot for this news. I see other storm (Irene) in smokers dens

Tropical Depression is forming in the Gulf of Mexico. It is too early for accurate model, but if this make hurricane it can land anywhere from the Bay of Campeche in Northern Mexico to New Orleans USA. Something to keep eye on.

Attachments

• map_specnews18_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg
    map_specnews18_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 13

huligun

Veteran
Texas will get rain no matter what happen with storm. Lots of rain coming at very least.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i don't think that was a current picture huligun...

can't find that storm on current radar :dunno:

there is however something way out there in the Atlantic heading towards the gulf...

Katia..., too far out for correct projections right now...

Katia replaced Katrina in the list of Hurricane names. Katrina is retired. Saw it on CNN...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
hmm :chin:

i went to the weather channel and saw what you posted. then i looked at the radar. if the depression is out there, there is no rain associated with it....

just sayin :dunno:

K

KSP

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=TXZ238&warncounty=TXC167&firewxzone=TXZ238&local_place1=Galveston+TX&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS.

.DAY ONE...TONIGHT

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY

A TROPICAL WAVE ENTERING THE GULF OF MEXICO IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN GULF BY FRIDAY. POTENTIAL TROPICAL DEVELOPMENT AND THE EXPECTED TRACK OF THIS WAVE REMAIN VERY UNCERTAIN...AND THIS RESULTS IN A VERY UNCERTAIN FORECAST THAT RANGES FROM A MINIMAL IMPACT ON OUR AREA TO A POTENTIALLY HIGH IMPACT WITH VERY HEAVY RAINFALL...STRONG WINDS ALONG THE COAST...DANGEROUS RIP CURRENTS...COASTAL FLOODING AND BEACH EROSION. RESIDENTS OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO MONITOR FORECAST UPDATES OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS FOR MORE INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS DEVELOPING WEATHER SITUATION.

Scout

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/comp/ceus/flash-wv.html

Look at the winds....The winds currently do not favor a path to Texas, too much of an easterly flow with the summer weather pattern fading out. There also looks to be a frontal system hitting the washington state area that may block it. Unless it just sits out there for a few days until a westerly flow takes it there. My prediction from the current high-level wind pattern is a tropical storm/mild Cat 1 to hit somewhere between Mobile and north of Tampa. I know Texas needs the rain, but maybe it is God's punishment for that assclown Gov. Perry...lulz j/k.

huligun

Veteran
Look like it be just tropical storm. Still a Hell raise on outdoor crops

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I saw this storm reported on CNN as well. They're not expecting it to form into anything greater then a tropical storm but they're still very worried about it because it slow moving meaning wherever it goes will feel the effects of it longer then is typical and lots of rain will be dumped on wherever it hits. The models do not favor it hitting Texas because the winds that would steer a storm like this do have a predominently easterly flow as someone else already stated. They're really unsure though and the model projections are all over the place because the steering winds are fairly weak. There is enough concern though that by noon today the oil riggs were already being evacuated. Wherever this storm goes they're predicting 10" - 15" of rain and the current projections favor the heaviest rains to fall on New Orleans.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'd be keeping an eye on the storm forming above venezuela, its pointed right for georgia and scheduled to be increasing in strength as it heads that way.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Katia is less worrisome at the moment though because it'll be so long before an impact is felt and it could concievably turn eastward when it approaches the US coast and stay well out in the Atlantic. That's a pretty wide cone of possible trajectory in that graphic. If it stays to the right side of that cone there will be little to worry about. Also the projected path they're now showing looks more like Katia is aimed at the Carolina's and if it continues the projected path it could concievably come right up the Chesapeake Bay which would be very worrisome because none of the states that would be most affected by that are suited for dealing with direct hits from hurricanes as it happens so rarely. On a hopeful note though, the projected path for Lee once it's over land, looks like it might help push Katia more eastward into the Atlantic. People along the East Coast though should keep a close eye on how this all progresses over the coming week, especially in North Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, DC, Delaware, NJ and New York. If instead of pushing Katia more out to sea, Lee manages to merge with Katia then the East Coast could experience a much worse scenerio then what was experienced with Irene.