What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Karma Growers Cannabis Cup

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am posting the winners of the cup event here again.
Sour Diesel.. indoor
NYC Diesel.. outdoor
Master Kush.. hash

The most entries were in the indoor catagory and just fyi Blue Night came in second and Master Kush was third.
We are looking forward to the next cup event on July the 4th.
We are waiting for that report here UP..:clock watch:

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Clear Cup Report April 2010

Clear Cup Report April 2010

Anyways the very long over due smoke report for this last "Clear Cup"....

I have to first say sorry for those that I did not fully document. I didn't remember to take pictures until more than half way through the testing process. My method of testing consisted of me blindly grabbing samples out of my lunch bag of happiness, totally at random.

The night of the event I got home and just crashed from the hash bash, so I saved every sample for later testing. I was so stoked when I looked through the bag and saw all the entries, every person who entered deserves a pat on the back because this was no easy choice from the visual aspect alone.

First sample I blindly grabbed was the small unmarked bag. From what I gather was what I think was the White Russian. It had a nice sourish taste and was very dense. I found the effect was more look around and think to yourself type of stone. Very off subject and random.

Couple hours later I grabbed my next victim. The bag said DOC, DIESEL ORANGE CRUSH but once the smell hit my nose I melted. I'm such a sucker for Cali-O/Orange Crush renditions and this one was glorious. Fully fragrant and orange. I have never seen a orange cross that reflected the orange parental lineage so much, and the taste transfered nicely to boot. Light green with clear and milky glands, the texture was also something that I felt was next to perfect where I want my medicine.

Next thing I pulled out was the MK, which I though was MK Ultra at first, but being somewhat accustom to GKG and their locals I realized quickly who's it was, MASTER KUSH. I have bought this medicine before and it was A+. What I had before and found consistent with this batch (Consistency is key) is it's very "Kushy" and sedative so I knew what I was in for; sleep and possible severe munchie attack. Lucky I decided to forgo the munchies and try the next since I had only so many days to make a decision.

Next baggie I pulled was my buddy Nobull's Cosmic Kush. It had high floral tones of almost unidentifiable scents and literally mad my mouth water in anticipation. I checked it under the scope and there was amber galore. Upon tasting I felt fully satisfied and it reminded me of rice crispy treats. Great flush and cure, it really made me surprised that there was something beyond the GOB9 that may win the outdoor.

Last bag I grabbed that night was the Cotton Candy. It was evidently sweet smelling and reminded me of something that has a hawaiian influence in there somewhere. I ended up passing out literally minutes after smoking the first of two bowls, it's hard work smoking all this fantastic medicine. I packed the other, but it had to wait until morning. It was a nice wake and bake.

I grabbed a couple entries for my day, on e was GOB9 the other was Super Silver Haze. At my break for school I decided to partake in my biased favorite GOB9. Man I love that girl so much, why didn't we clone?!? Anyways after coming back to class I was very focused and fragrant. I really understood the information and it was no easy feat considering the text. GOB9 just makes me happy and gives me a different way of thought process, which I fully enjoy. I can't wait for GOB99.

At lunch I had decided to have the Super Silver Haze special. It had lots of calyx to leaf and an evident hazy smell. The smell of this is what the smell of a lot of Amsterdam weed is influenced by. Fortunately this smell transfered in taste which is something that wasn't common of Amsterdam steroid pumped flowers. Very uppity and BM504 came with 2 strains very close to my heart.

I was so excited when I woke up to reach into my grab bag and pulled out the Malawi. I needed to work with patients in the morning, so I impatiently waited, but on lunch I literally had the pleasure. The bud was a lovely shade of light green with a wispy true Sativa dominant structure. Also I was so lucky to pull the sample with a nice mature seed. Can you tell me what to expect DD? Is it just Malawi or Malawi X SB? Regardless I was taken back by how focused I was once I came back to the school in stead of the hospital for class. It was Pharmacology and I was actually understanding it finally. I though for sure I had found my winner. Kudos DD on an outstanding entry, even with out the notes I recall it perfectly.
Malawi
DSC09852-1.jpg

Malawi
DSC09878-1.jpg

Malawi
DSC09853.jpg

Next thing I was lucky enough to try was the Platinum Purps. I was going to the A's game and wanted to be nicely medicated and this strong sample didn't disappoint. I got lucky to try this at GKG and remembered how distinct it was. On the Bart ride over I couldn't stop smelling this in my pocket and the smell might be what I like most about this strain very sourish, but almost undefinable. Bag appeal on this is through the roof and I would really appreciate a phone call every time you harvest, count me in for an ounce or two, pretty please? I smoked a little joint as my sample in the parking lot of the game and overheard someone in the distance yell out I got five on it. Long story short I was heavily medicated through the beginning half of the game followed by a nice buzz from quite a few blue moons.
Platinum Purps
DSC09971.jpg

Platinum Purps
DSC09965-1.jpg

Platinum Purps
DSC09966-1.jpg

When I got home I decided I could handle one more before the night's end. I reached in and grabbed the beautiful Blue Night. I was fully intrigued by the look and smell from the second I laid eyes on her. Brilliant job on her frikn squirrel. Well soon after I started to freak because my bong was ready, hakko plugged in, but I some how lost the Blue Night sample in minutes of laying it out. I was a bit buzzed, but sniffed it out, it ended up being on the ground. (I guess I was a little more buzzed than I though and knocked it to the ground) I partook and found the taste to be as nice as the look, and the ash was evident there was a proper flush. I didn't last long after this one and soon crashed, but I consider that perfect for one of the reasons I medicate, insomnia. It couldn't have hurt I had a long day, but all in all this was just next to perfect in my eyes.
Blue Night
DSC09933-1.jpg

Blue Night
DSC09946-1.jpg

Blue Night
DSC09932.jpg

Waking up I decided to try my buddy's Chem D because I have had it before and have built up a little bit of a tolerence. Figuring I could handle the wake and bake. I could, but I was definitely affected more than most times I wake and bake(which is normally daily) This batch smelled like baby poo and the classic dieselish tones. Taste transfered nicely and was one of the stickiest samples I got. I also wanted to note that this was cut a mere couple weeks if that before it was entered. Only one week cure, but still utterly amazing. Glad those who wanted cuts of this got them. We ended up leaving the rest up there so hopefully they get to good homes. If anyone else wants any of these cuts that didn't get them I can bring some next time I go up.
Chem D
DSC09923-1.jpg

Chem D
DSC09924.jpg

Last and most certainly not least I was fortunate to try Sour Diesel. I have had more batches of Sour D than fingers and toes, but this was the 1.5 BX from Rez seeds grown by BM-504. This lived up to the hype and I am definitely looking and geting my hands on some Sour D IBL in this upcoming drop. The smell was heavenly and reminded me of what weed can be. Top shelf by all counts and the strength was nothing to mess with. This was my last sample, but also the only sample I smoked a bowl of then left alone(with another bowl packed and ready, that I forgot about) to be incredibly high. I didn't want to smoke the last of this because I don't know the next time it will be where I can come across some Sour D on this level. Well deserved winner Congrats buddy.
Sour Diesel
DSC09884.jpg

Sour Diesel
DSC09906-1.jpg

Sour Diesel
DSC09901.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the report as much as I enjoyed the hard task of testing each of these outstanding entries. You all deserve a pat on the back and thank you fir reminding me we have it good here in Cali.

Thanks to Good Karma Growers for allowing such an amazing event, and also thank you to all the contestants and supporters of GKG to allow this to take place. Peace and Good Karma all around.

ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

osoloco69

Wow! That looks like it was some fun. I'm curious to know if the malawi, platinum purps, blue night, or SSH available at GKG in clone for members? The next outing I get I'm definitely going to drop by there either way.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
UP your is my idea of a great report..with pixels too boot! Now..what to expect from the seed you were gifted, many traits of the cross you smoked, which is Malawi Gold, landrace from Afropips, x (Mass-super Skunk x Sour Bubble)..the dads in the room, yes dads plural..were either a fantastic Stawberry Cough Kush from Rez or Nugget Shiners Golden Cindy...I pollinated a couple branches of a couple different girls, yes I'm a hack, and those random beans could be either dad. Good luck..thanks for the nice report and images..DD

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome write up there UP.
Lots of killer samples in those judges bags, I think everybody who entered was a winner!
Heres a suggestion for the next Cup...say there are 15 or more entries how about at least 10 days to judge the samples?

Stay safe
BM

I think there should also be an official judges scorecard... something like

Smell: 1-10
Taste: 1-10
Look: 1-15
Uniqueness: 1-5
High: 1-20

The different ranges represent how much weight I place in each particular category and could be altered depending on what one wants.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think everybody who entered was a winner! BM
BM you hit it on the head..everyone who entered, along with everyone who attended the event was a winner. Great hospitality from our hosts The Karma Collective...and now that we've done this BM I'm sure Justalilrowdy will consider a longer judging time for the next cup, we're all new to this cup thing. FS we should have done something like you suggeted too, a med/smoke report form of some sort, next time Bro. Keep those reports coming...DD

T

theJointedOne

just lettin gfolks know i popped some of the bd x shire seedsand they are grwin well!

phatsesh

i must say that for me alot of weight was carried by the strain difficulty and abilites. like lets say for instance the outdoor sour diesel was great and over all better than the rest of the outdoor but i voted for the cosmic and the main reasons is a good sour d cut will almost always come out good but to make the cosmic good probly takes more love and care since its not elite its almost like a heavyweight boxing a middleweight. its kind of a handicap.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Jointed, GreenLion can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those seeds are Blue Dream X SSSDH (Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze). The shire is a pheno that was found shortly after the hybrid was made and has been recently floating around amsterdam per OJD. Rez created the hybrid, but "the shire" is a just a super pheno that was found. Mind you though ALL SSSDH I have seen is absolutely impeccable. Glad to hear they are on the roster.

REZDOG

Veteran
Justa.... Sorry for your loss... :(

UP,
Done deal-added to SD Beta List,bro-My Pleasure. :)

BM-Big Ups and Congrats,that's a nice win bro!

Last edited:
T

theJointedOne

hey UP ok cool, you know i was thinking it might be a cut and not the sssdh in general. Yes it is on the roster if i find a broadleaf pheno otherwise its a search for a male and thats it b/c it sounds like she would go to november or so

T

theJointedOne

yeah bm that sd was impeciblebly done, best tasting stuff in the cup bag for sure. congrats

oh and congrats UP on the nyc win, of course you know i voted for that , it tasted like fruity hippie skunk...i rolled up a j of it at bpg and all the heads said the nyc was BOMB

congrats k to for the master bubble, that stuff melted like icecream under a hot sun.

dam i need a cup , next harvest i hope!!

Baba Ku

Veteran
justalilrowdy, please accept my sincere condolences and sympathy for your loss.
May you and yours be overly blessed.