What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Karma Growers Cannabis Cup

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GreenLion welcome to IC..great images on the previous page and I loved the color contrast in this one of your Platinum Purps and Blue Dream..good job, sorry I missed this..DD
picture.php

T

theJointedOne

haha yeah im kinda full but i gave it to a pro to mother out or father out lol..well see! I think he popped it last night. I also got a seed in the Malawi as doobie was saying, its kinda whitish but it passed the squeeze test, so im gonna save it. I cant do a sativa this season

so rowdy im not going to be around a working phone for the next couple weeks so ill pm you my vote right now

Great job by all and the best buds ive seen at a cup in a long time

the deadline is approaching and I still cant make up my mind as to which bud is on top!!!

Platinum Purp was real tasty and the nugs looked spectacular... the high lasted a long time and was very enjoyable!
I REALLY liked the taste of the cotton candy. does anybody know the parent strains of this one?
the ChemD has a killer smell and taste! and it got me STONED!
The Russian was super crystally and real smooth. I haven't smoked this one as much because I need to save a nice bowl for the final decision.
I keep going back and forth, trying to decide if I like the Sour D or Super Silver Haze better. The Sour D is very flavorful and STRONG but I also liked the smooth subtleness of the haze along with the euphoria I get when smoking it.
I think I like the DOC better than the master kush because of the citrus taste and alert high. Though thinking about it now, the master kush made stop running around and sink into the couch...

One thing to note here. The high that I got from the Chem D, Sour D, and DOC, all had similarities. Do these share a common parent?

As far as the Malawi goes... I don't think I have ever had the privilege to smoke something with such sativa characteristics before! Most of the time when I smoke, I can feel the medicine kicking in when I start to observe changes in my perception. When I smoked the Malawi, I didn't observe any changes in my perception right away. But 20 minutes later when I arrived at a meeting and suddenly had to use my brain to orchestrate things... I just couldn't! Then I realized I was really baked! Later, when the effects were wearing off, instead of getting a headache and getting tired, I just slowly shifted back into non-medicated mode. Overall it was very pleasant.

For the outdoor...
The Cosmic kush tasted great and so did the NYCDiesel! mmm
I liked the mini joint of Gob-9! Thanks! The bud looked nice-crystally and purple... but I think it's between the cosmic kush and the NYCDiesel

just wanted to give some feedback to all of the contestants... if this is not the right place for this post then please let me know and i will edit it

Overall it has been a wonderful experience sampling and judging everybody's entries and I think I may run out of buds before I come to a conclusion because the most recently smoked type is always my most favorite!

As far as the seeds go... my first reaction was to apologize to you, jointedone, for giving you a bud with a seed. But, judging from the reaction of others, it seems like that's not such a bad thing. Are the seeds found in buds viable to pop? I've been tossing the occasional seeds I find in my grown herb because I never understood how they could have been produced.

Oh, and regarding the kryptonite strain vs breeder. DD, I am pretty sure that the kryptonite used in the Blue night is a specific strain, not a breeder. I have always been told that the lineage was that. Also, I have been growing another strain from a member on here, TheBandit, which is kryptonite x c99. The kryptonite x c99 has many similarities to the kryptonite x blue dragon.

A while back I did some research to try to find out what the strain was. There was lots of theories on various sites, like OG kush x Sour D, or a Pure Kush, but I think it is most likely this:

"([Hindu Kush X Hindu Kush] X Northern Lights #1) X [Michoacan Mex. X Acapulco Gold]/Hawiian Puna Gold)

Hindu Kush X Hindu Kush is what is known today as Master Kush, back then it had no name for we were using the true inbred land race line for our crosses. The Northern Lights was of the true NL created in Michigan, however it became most well known from the northwest where it gained a huge following. the actual strain was created in Michigan. The Mexican strains were from true land races, and the Hawiian was acquired on the West Coast.

The first half of the cross was the ([Hindu Kush X Hindu Kush] X Northern Lights #1) X [Michoacan Mex. X Acapulco Gold], a very nice male from the Hawiian was selected to add a little more Sativa to the cross. Fenmales and males were carefully selected for the first 2 grow runs, it was futing the second grow run that it was named Kryptonite due to it's very bright, almost flourescent light green color. It was extremely light green, yet had this glow to it.

That is pretty much the breeding lineages of it."

Found that info on ICmag. But who knows, its very possible you are right and it is referring to a strain the breeder bred. I'm just trying to add to the discussion :)

phatsesh

its hard to choose between sativa and indica i like them both for so many different reasons.

sour d and chem are related not sure bout the genetics of doc,

for the outdoor i too am deciding i think the uniqueness of strains plays into my decision the most here, sour d has kinda flooded the market where the others are less obtainable.

heres my grading system
Bag appeal:
Flavor:
Smell:
High:
Uniqueness
Overall:
Comments:
score of 1-5 in all category them divide by 5

all great strains have funny stories huhh?

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow the Sour D is just wonderful.. yummy and long hanging. Really oily sticky and lovely... my favorite diesel.

nobull56

ICMag Donor
As far as the seeds go... my first reaction was to apologize to you, jointedone, for giving you a bud with a seed. But, judging from the reaction of others, it seems like that's not such a bad thing. Are the seeds found in buds viable to pop? I've been tossing the occasional seeds I find in my grown herb because I never understood how they could have been produced.QUOTE]

Two things come to my mind from this Quote of yours.
1. Most of these folks are truly interested breeding and are seeing the seed as an extra gift!
2. In my opinion these 'Magic seeds' are gifts from the Gods! I’ve seen indoor, filtered air grows with no ‘Herms’ have one or two seeds! Some of the best weed I’ve been gifted were Magic Bag Seed Weed!
Keep it Green!!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frikin Squirrill great report my friend..thank you for the update on the lineage of that Kryptonite..DD

nomaad

Veteran
That PlatPurp vs Blue Dream photo gets my vote for best photo on the thread.

504: did u keep a clone of the SD 'peach'?

T

turtle farmer

I'm still recovering from sunday!!thanks to rowdy and crew for an event that set the bar HIGH!!lol!!!this is one great group of growers!!!less than 10 hours to vote and I'm not near deciding.
frign squrrel and greenlion did an amazing job,and bm504,that sour d is off the hook.
All entrants,in all categories, should give themself a big pat on the back.A great big thanx to all the hash bashers,especially salvatore and nobull,for answering my sifting questions.I won't waste another leaf

BTW-the cotton candy is the bluesky version;sweet pink grapefruit X mendo purps
grown in soil from roots organic and fed well water and molassis
peace.........R.I.P. Jack Herer
TF

Thank you to everyone involved in such a great event! It was very hard deciding the winners but here is my best try.... I judged on 5 categories: Potency, Smell, Bag Appeal, Taste and Flush. I multiplied my Potency score by 2 because that is a major factor for me in deciding the winners.

Most Potent Indoor: Chem D and Platinum Purps
Outdoor: NYCD

Best Smell Indoor: Malawi
Outdoor: Gob 9

Bag Appeal Indoor: Chem D
Outdoor: Kosmic Kush

Best Taste Indoor: Sour D
Outdoor: Gob 9

Best Flush Indoor: Sour D/ Malawi
Outdoor: NYCD (I know you can't really flush outdoor but I was looking for a clean burn/ash)

Chem D was my overall indoor selection. It was very hard to pick between the many great indoor entries! The potency of this one was what made me choose this over the others.

NYCD was my outdoor winner. Although there were only 3 outdoor to choose from this pick was much harder for me. All 3 entries were excellent in all categories I graded by.

Master Kush was my Hashbash selection (unfortunately I was not able to sample many of the Hash entries.

Can't wait til the next event!

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We had some really outstanding entries this time and its a really tough call.. I had a few favorites..lol
Call the club today by 4 p.m. or send me a pm with your vote!
Results will be posted on the site tonite at 7 pm and also here on this thread.
Peace and Remember Jack Today!

osoloco69

That malawi is the best for daytime get things done meds. The SSH is very nice too, but it can get you a little tired of smoking it all the time. The SD is always a nice sprite flavor, but I'm not overly interested in it's medical effects, as it is too couchlock. I haven't tried the Platinum Purps, but from everything I have heard, it will make you very hungry and tired. The cotton candy is always full of flavor, but it doesn't have a very potent stone. The high kinda reminds me of UK cheese. I'm not a judge, but a foaf who was privy to this judging.

Jack Ain't Dead!!!!!
http://www.examiner.com/x-4383-Portland-Progressive-Examiner~y2009m9d18-Breaking-Jack-Herer-Emperor-of-Hemp-marijuana-hero-dead

Inspector420

I am so horribly sorry to report that the results will be delayed. We have lost Michael in an accident earlier today. Thank you for your understanding.