What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

G

yo guys i'm kind of a golf dork too, i like to get my stuff on ebay or from friends...i have a set of older hogan apexes which i think i'm going to have reshafted...i recently got a set of titleist 670s, i do like them but don't think they are as sweet as the hogans...i will play with the titleists for a couple of weeks and see what i think...i usually try to play once a week and then go to the range once or twice a week and hit some balls...the driving range is like 5 minutes from my house too so i really like that...its a hassle to go play around here most of the time...

Neuronaut

I wish there was a range closer to my house. I'm thinking about getting a membership somewhere next year and playing my ass off!

Dan42nepa

I collect old clubs and have about 5 sets now. I go to garage sales and flea markets and look for specific clubs. I bought a wilson 8802 putter for 5.00. It cost 15.00 in 1961 and is worth 500 now. Its the same model ben crenshaw uses and wilson only made it 1-2 years. I also look for old Ping putters. The originals made a ping noise when you struck the ball. Putting is such an individual thing. For years i used a bullseye putter for the 60's because it felt so good to me. Now i am using an old spaulding putter which was modeled after the ping anser. I used to buy my putters from pro shops because in alot of cases, they would let you try them on the putting greeen first rather then putt on a rug in a store.. I have only used 2 different putters in the last 10 years. My putter before that was a zebra which i still have just in case i want to try it again.

Dan42nepa

wouldnt it be wild if we could arrange a tournement somehow and come up with some sort of prize? Unrealistic i know.. but a cool thought.

Danksta

golf is the shit... espcially if you manage to smoke a blunt at an exclusive club. my buddies club is the board chairman of a club which charges 150k per year for membership... during the summer the parking lot is quite a sight.

Dan42nepa

lol.. we could handicap it somehow.. actually my g/f and i were considering going to negril jamaica for the miss high times pagent. Would be cool if we could play there.. I'm sure smoking up would not be an issue there.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Prob gonna make alot people pissed off.....but I fucking HATE golf.

Rampant waste of space, totally destructive to the environment and very bad for your health.

The insane amounts of pesticides and herbicides used to keep golf courses looking artificially perfect is one of the biggest pollution issues in rural areas (prob one of the reasons all the bees are dying, as golf courses spread like tumors), and people who play lots and lots of golf on these toxic courses have been shown to have higher instances of some cancers because of it.

Rich, overpriviledged people forcing Nature into a sterile, toxic and unnatural image so they can plonk little balls in holes for fun whilst they poison themselves and everything around them.

Yerchhhh!

Flame away...I am expecting it.....LOL

Last edited:

Dan42nepa

not me, i'm poor.. i'm on the east coast would love to play beth page black or pine hurst # 2 someday. Both are public i think. Pebble beach costs like 500 a round i think.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Neuronaut said:
ok, ANYWAYS... anybody here ever play somewhere awesome like pebble beach or anywhere?

My buddy has played Pebble Beach the week before the Championships the year, Check this out..he says that the greens were tricked out and cleaned up for the pros and very nice to the max,all roped off.I think he says it was $400 and he says its a hard course because he lost his favorite ball,probably add 10-15 strokes more to the score. Seems a good idea to play before any championships to get the best out of the greens.His hometown golf course is in his backyard on the 6th hole.I get to fly there once a while and play in Vegas

At the Wynn's in Vegas they also have a 18 hole and its $500 to play...I have seen the greens from the back of the hotel and its very nice and with waterfalls ...I was told that Wynn's is gonna take down the golf course and built some more hotels.Thats a bummer...hope he has like a cheaper rate to play before tearing it all down, Cuz i wanna chew up the greens with my iron..... J/k

He should have some pro-celebrity thing and rent out more rooms there.I didnt see anyone on the green for like 1 hour so its a high price golf course.

Put it all down on black baby !! I wanna GOLF :chin:

G

genkisan said:
Prob gonna make alot people pissed off.....but I fucking HATE golf.

Rampant waste of space, totally destructive to the environment and very bad for your health.

The insane amounts of pesticides and herbicides used to keep golf courses looking artificially perfect is one of the biggest pollution issues in rural areas (prob one of the reasons all the bees are dying, as golf courses spread like tumors), and people who play lots and lots of golf on these toxic courses have been shown to have higher instances of some cancers because of it.

Rich, overpriviledged people forcing Nature into a sterile, toxic and unnatural image so they can plonk little balls in holes for fun whilst they poison themselves and everything around them.

Yerchhhh!

Flame away...I am expecting it.....LOL

dude come on...those are negative vibes...if u bought a bubble and lived in it u would never have to worry about being contaminated by anything
:pointlaug

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
I have the joy of working at an upscale course, listed in golf magazine as one of the 10 best courses in the usa that anyone can play, which means i get to hit it twice a week for free and can bring a guest along to play for $35.00. my bro just got back from a week vacation at the doral golf resort by miami and said to play the blue monster cost $375.00, and as i understand it its over $400.00 to play pebble beach. i prefer the simpler cheap courses around here.

peace -fb

Mr.Waters

This site usually has some good deals for golf gear.

www.rockbottomgolf.com

I've played Innisbrook in Palm Harbor, FL. It's no Pebble Beach but they do play a PGA tourney there. I just found out an old friend from High School is the assistant tournament director there. Hopefully I can get a discount.

I wish we cold have an icmag golf tournament. That would be so cool, but it will probably never happen.

Dan42nepa

Golf is like life... a solitary pursuit playing within yourself while learning about yourself I think its a very zen like sport. My g/f and i are going to the US open next month. We went last year and it was great. It actually makes you play better afterwards watching the best in the world play on the toughest conditions and seeing how easy they swing and how much is just timing. Also we always go to a practice round and my g/f gets autographs (I make her wear a low cut top) and you can see which pros are good guys and which are assholes.

tokinsmokin

Dan42nepa said:
Golf is like life... a solitary pursuit playing within yourself while learning about yourself I think its a very zen like sport. My g/f and i are going to the US open next month. We went last year and it was great. It actually makes you play better afterwards watching the best in the world play on the toughest conditions and seeing how easy they swing and how much is just timing. Also we always go to a practice round and my g/f gets autographs (I make her wear a low cut top) and you can see which pros are good guys and which are assholes.

I agree completely, I've read a few books about zen and golf actually. Learning to integrate zen into my golf game was one of the best things for my game. Yeah the pros make it look so easy, definitely fun to watch them. Have fun at the US open. Low Cut shirt HAHA.

As for Pebble Beach, I think you have to book a tee time 8 months or even a year in advance or so I've been told.

Dan42nepa

I love the US Open.. Its very humbling.. 6 inch rough, lightening fast greens, tough layout. Last year a winged foot was great.. myself and 2 of my friends watching the pros hack out of 6 inch rough a few feet away from us.. We were such ass's.. I remember saying..what a wimp.. I could get that out with a 5 wood.. yeah right.. while we are holding beers a few feet away watching. That has to be so much tremendous pressure. 4 days on the toughest conditions.. press conferences and interviews afterwards and it could still come down to winning or losing by a 4 foot putt on the last hole.. All the analysts second guessing every shot.. live tv.. I would whiff on the first tee..

Neuronaut

Well, this thread might not go anywhere with the new five minute post rule... but anyways. Went and played a 2 ball scramble on 9 holes with my buddy who is much better than me... i won by 2 strokes!!!!! whoooooo hoooooo. It felt so good to hit so many decent shots. I got par on 4 out of the 9 holes...which still sucks considering it was a 2 ball scramble... but still, its such an improvement for me. I'm excited! Maybe I won't be the worst player in the world forever??

Latest posts

Latest posts