What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

Dan42nepa

When i was on the golf team in HS we would have a two club tournement. Pick any two clubs and play 18 holes with only those two clubs. Its surprising what you can do with just two by not over swinging and managing your game.

ninfan77

I haven't golfed in almost a year, i need to buy a driver. Word of advice, Tommy Armour Drivers = POS One cracked at the driving range, within 100 balls, took it back, got another, it lasted maybe 400....

Dan42nepa

wow you must hit the ball hard. I use TA irons.. the 845's and i like them. I tried a bunch of drivers and the one i hit the best is a wilson big red. The others i pushed to the right. Sometimes the first time you play is the best. You forget all your bad habits. Last year labor day weekend I played for the first time all year and shot an 86.. The only thing that suffered was my putting. I had no touch and 3-4 putted almost every green.

Neuronaut

Luckily my roomate just bought some new irons so i get to use his old set. I don't plan on investing money in my own clubs until I know that i'm going to stick with it and when i can afford it... which i definitely can't right now.

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
qwerty said:
Golf kicks ass. I am a beginner as well, but already addicted. My last 18, a couple daze ago, my score was probably around 120 lol. Yes, I love making those good shots. I get as stoned as I can, and totally focus. It's great.
:biglaugh: That's awesome that with that score you still had a great time, lol sounds like me. I could really careless if i do well, i mean, i try my best and i do hit good shots, but to me and you it's more about getting out and having fun it seems :woohoo: hurray for 10 dollar tuesdays at my local course!!

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
Neuronaut said:
Was out in my yard today practicing my chipping by aiming at a bucket from different yardages with a sand wedge... did that for about an hour... hit the bucket a bunch but never had one go in. Was doing it from pretty far away though.

I am just going to concentrate on making solid contact with the ball... definitely need to be able to do that consistantly before i start working on any other of my million problems.
Thats good man, but remember that the ball will roll after contact with the green when you chip. So all you have to do is imagine the bucket a few yards or feet [depending on what the green looks like] and you'll be all set :)

Neuronaut

Yeah, before when i chipped i would aim for the whole... not smart... even if it landed where i wanted it to it would roll way past it.

ninfan77

86 LOL I shoot 86 when i'm doing good :)

I really REALLY lose strokes under 50 yds. I can't chip or put to save my life.

Dan42nepa

The great thing about golf is you can go to most public courses and use their chipping and putting greens for free. I'm going tonight, hit some balls and then practice chipping and putting. I like doing that alot more then going to a driving range.

TrustNoOne

an hour spent on the putting green twice a week will dramatically improve almost anyones game. not just putting but also chipping. pro's spend hours each day on greens and ranges. some pro's won't leave the putting green until they make 50 putts in a row from 4 feet, lol. i've tried it before and never made it, hehe.
i play a wed mens league that cost 15 bucks for 9 holes, prize money, cart and dinner afterwards. pretty good deal. play well.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I usually ask if anyone can feel the different between a Soft ball and a harder ball like a Tour ball compared to a Rhino ball..The Rhino ball is the softer one and forgives a little of your swing as not to magnify your mistakes during a swing..

Most say no...LOL But it does work!! For me anyways ;-)

Dan42nepa

I like wound balls like titelists.. The two piece balls go far but dont spin as much and makes it harder to stop on the green. The wound balls cut easier though.

tngreen

Veteran
dan42nepa, most people cant spin the ball though so they need the distance and they are much cheaper since they will lose atleast 2 a round haha. i love the Titleist Pro V1 but they are expensive. for a cheaper alternative, ive been using Ben Hogan The Hawk. great feel to them and spin well. check them out sometime, only like $22 a dozen.

and i can definatley tell between a good ball and a rock (like top flites)

elevation

like they say ... "Drive for show. Putt for dough." holds very true lol . most people have trouble with the short game , for me im the other way around . my long game is terrible, but i make up for it (mostly because i have to, as my ball is no where near the fairway) in my higher iron and wedge play . putting is fairly easy , depends on how im shootin really on a given day.

Latest posts

Latest posts