What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

marx2k

Veteran
Mr. Nevermind said:
Yea we have a few disc golf courses around here as well, its a total blast to play. More relaxed and friendly then regualr golf. Plus its the most smoker friendly " sport" i have ever seen. I hop eit dont get big as a sport and become a league. If they drug tested a disc golf course , i think everyone would fail.

http://www.pdga.org/

tngreen

Veteran
i love golf! played for highschool team all 4 years and love kickin the old guys' asses at the club haha. im not a big guy so its a sport i can really accel at. Nothing is more important than your short game!

interested in playin disc golf and will be doin that this summer a bunch!

TrustNoOne

i play with this guy sometimes that totaly sucks at the game but he's a fun dude to hang out with and he has fun playing. one time at the car before we started i yanked all hus clubs out of his bag except a 9 iron,sand wedge and putter.lol. he had his best score ever.lol
golf is a game that you play against yourself, trying to always score better than you did the last few rounds. if you play against someone for ash you should definately use the handicap system to even the field.

pico

Veteran
I recently picked up a decent set of irons. Have been playing once or twice a month at the local course. Fun game but god damn this is going to take a lifetime to get good at. Nothing better than hitting a nice shot though.

I play frisbee golf as well which is easier but still can be very challenging.

Dan42nepa

my g/f and i are going to the US open next month. We went last year and the year before PGA championshp. I love the us open. 5 inch rough and greens as fast as a linoleum floor. Very humbling for the best in the world. Makes them play more like us.

Mr.Waters

I just joined a golf league thats put on by my employer. Its so much fun. I'm out there for 9 holes every thurs at 5:30 at a local course. It's a great way to network and it's fun to kick your boss' ass. Never tried disc golf, but my brother used to play alot. There's a few disc golf courses nearby. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do today but now I think I'm going to try some disc golf.

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
hahaha wow man i just played a round of 9 yesterday and im pretty terrible too :biglaugh: i used to be half decent but i haven't played in abou a year :p but im sure it will come back.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
I play golf here too...very fun to play and relax and meet folks who live in the area and beyond

I made this par 3 a birdie when I had a bad first shot ( 25 yards) ..Still had 90 yards to go and it went right into the hole! Best Shot ever

marx2k

Veteran
I live with my girlfriend and her brother in their house. Her brother is trying to become a pro golfer and he has half the house filled with golf clubs and golf balls.. every time I come home from work he's either outside practicing his swing or he's indoors practicing. Or, of course, he's on a course, playing. This dude is nuts. It goes way beyond a hobby with him. So many golf clubs....

TrustNoOne

TNTBudSticker said:
I play golf here too...very fun to play and relax and meet folks who live in the area and beyond

I made this par 3 a birdie when I had a bad first shot ( 25 yards) ..Still had 90 yards to go and it went right into the hole! Best Shot ever

playing a hole like that is what keeps you coming back,lol.
gets addictive, does'nt it? lol

qwerty

Golf kicks ass. I am a beginner as well, but already addicted. My last 18, a couple daze ago, my score was probably around 120 lol. Yes, I love making those good shots. I get as stoned as I can, and totally focus. It's great.

Dan42nepa

getting high either makes me play very well or totally fucks me up. My friends and I used to play and when we got to the 7th hole my friend would pull out a joint, especially if i were kicking his ass. Most of the time I would fall apart after that.. lol

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Dan42nepa said:
getting high either makes me play very well or totally fucks me up. My friends and I used to play and when we got to the 7th hole my friend would pull out a joint, especially if i were kicking his ass. Most of the time I would fall apart after that.. lol

HaHaHa.... I did that with a buddy...We played about the same score and he wanted to play me so I went over to his local course..I'm sure he practiced on it...Well anyways..I pulled out a Sour Diesel and not the lemon pheno but the stronger one, and I kinda beat him playing golf on it...Funny how he can be stone and shoots a driving shot and go way off the greens..Yup..thats the diesel in ya! I planned for this and it worked,,, LOL

I find I play better not being high..So I guess thats for night time tokes unless I want you to get more higher than me playing golf :moon:

Neuronaut

Was out in my yard today practicing my chipping by aiming at a bucket from different yardages with a sand wedge... did that for about an hour... hit the bucket a bunch but never had one go in. Was doing it from pretty far away though.

I am just going to concentrate on making solid contact with the ball... definitely need to be able to do that consistantly before i start working on any other of my million problems.

tngreen

Veteran
if yall know any good golfers, go play with them. it helps most people to see first hand what a good swing is and also course management, which is huge! if you cant hit your driver, tee off with an iron. longest doesnt mean best in golf.