What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

I am getting ready to run GT, and I will be using a 4' x 4' tent. How many plants do you recommend because I will be using trellis and such? I was thinking 2 to 4, and most likely 2 in 7 gallon fab pots. From the looks of some of these images I might only need 1 plant in a 4x4...LOL!

rlsmooth

I grew 4 sativas in 25L (5 gallon pots?) in 3x3 and thats too packed. For 4x4 I think 4 pots would do good, not so much veg needed.

F2F

Finally got my collection organized for long term storage. Got the GT breeders pack, regs. (bonus find - straw of 20 SSH!). Super excited to pop some in the spring.

Anyone got a grow/smoke report on the rotten smelling pheno?

Cheers,
F2F

Last edited:

Shua1991

The best pheno I found smells like honey smacks or honey Combs cereal, bit spicy too. Lasts a solid 3-5 hours depending on dosage.

F2F

Shua, have heard about the honey phenos. Did yours lean to any particular side of the cross?

Cheers
F2F

I have one GT (feminized seeds) outside in a 45 gallon pot and noticed the first signs of flowering on 9/19 (@ 39 deg N). Hoping she finishes before Thanksgiving!

musigny23

I have one GT (feminized seeds) outside in a 45 gallon pot and noticed the first signs of flowering on 9/19 (@ 39 deg N). Hoping she finishes before Thanksgiving!

When did you start it? I have two Fem GTs near Santa Cruz (36°N) and both are well into flowering. Germinated in the last days of March. Also both are in the ground and good sized. I would expect a restricted root zone to get them flowering a bit sooner.

I have two regular GTs from a recent acquisition and those are way behind. Just now forming white pistil crowns.

F2F

When did you start it? I have two Fem GTs near Santa Cruz (36°N) and both are well into flowering. Germinated in the last days of March. Also both are in the ground and good sized. I would expect a restricted root zone to get them flowering a bit sooner.

I have two regular GTs from a recent acquisition and those are way behind. Just now forming white pistil crowns.

I've read on several strains now Dubi has been pushing some fems towards earlier flowering phenos. I also read on here the newer release tends more to the Thai side. Both would explain the observations. Maybe Dubi can comment here.

Does crowding plants in an open bed OD have the same effect as restricting root zone in a container? I'll need to employ all the tricks to bring these home before freeze!

Best
F2F

musigny23

I've read on several strains now Dubi has been pushing some fems towards earlier flowering phenos. I also read on here the newer release tends more to the Thai side. Both would explain the observations. Maybe Dubi can comment here.

Does crowding plants in an open bed OD have the same effect as restricting root zone in a container? I'll need to employ all the tricks to bring these home before freeze!

Best
F2F

Crowding might. These things aren't for sure. I have an heirloom Thai- Lao strain that's just starting flower. Even more behind the regular GT plants. It really seems like the longer day of summer at these latitudes stretches their veg time a lot. I'm told in the native area they finish in 6 months. I guess to achieve that around here would mean limiting their day lengths to 12 hours max the whole time. Otherwise to be sure to get a quality harvest a green house is needed. A hard storm or two in November is very possible here and that could really hammer them at the wrong time. I'm crossing my fingers on these.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I figured I'd post a pic of some of my Golden Tiger harvest, after about 2 months of curing. :biggrin:

W2XHjUc.jpg

I absolutely love this stuff. There aren't too many varieties out there that can cut through my high tolerance. This one sure the fuck does.

YukonKronic

I figured I'd post a pic of some of my Golden Tiger harvest, after about 2 months of curing. :biggrin:

View Image

I absolutely love this stuff. There aren't too many varieties out there that can cut through my high tolerance. This one sure the fuck does.

Damn nice looking flowers! Love the overpowering strength of GT.. how’s the aromas?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Damn nice looking flowers! Love the overpowering strength of GT.. how’s the aromas?

Other than not being a loud as I would prefer, they are lovely! Unique and hard to describe, for the most part, but sweet, floral, and pleasant for sure!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Hey I have a question for those of you who have experience with Malawi and with Thai genetics... Is this power coming from the Malawi? What is the Thai doing to modify the Malawi high? It's just, holy cow, good Lord, this is strong goddamn weed.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hey I have a question for those of you who have experience with Malawi and with Thai genetics... Is this power coming from the Malawi? What is the Thai doing to modify the Malawi high? It's just, holy cow, good Lord, this is strong goddamn weed.
I grew up in central Africa and the prime quality Malawi was even trippier than GT, which I also go to when I need to visit Alice in Wonderland myself ha ha.
Not much experience with Thai only Thai sticks and I didn't like the speedy effects that much. I prefer the deep acid type highs you can get from the best Malawi but I haven't experienced any outside of Africa.
Saying that though the GT can get very very close if you get all your stars lined up in the grow and cure.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Dude, it's very much reminding me of my brain candy days. That's no joke. I'm giggling out loud to myself, having fun trains of thought, and generally just feeling the way that psychedelics used to make me feel: that nothing is worth taking too seriously... Lighten up... Smell a goddamn rose... Roll around in the grass...

Tangwena

Veteran
Thats the kind I like ha ha.
If you like the GT try the Malawi x Ethiopian I grew the regs and have some popping again now.
The high is just as strong as its cousin GT but you ride a rocket for the first few hours I just love it.
It gets me so high I live in 3 or 4 different worlds all at the same time you would like it just as much as you like the GT.
Its like having a DB shotgun if you have both.

F2F

Thats the kind I like ha ha.
If you like the GT try the Malawi x Ethiopian I grew the regs and have some popping again now.
The high is just as strong as its cousin GT but you ride a rocket for the first few hours I just love it.
It gets me so high I live in 3 or 4 different worlds all at the same time you would like it just as much as you like the GT.
Its like having a DB shotgun if you have both.

:tiphat:

I'll have to try that Malawi x Ethipian...

Tang vote for most dope posts ever. My man, you keep us all remembering what this thing is all about - "ha ha" as you say! Enjoy the ride!

Good vibes to you Tang. Peace, well wishes, and good fishing brother.

Cheers
F2F