What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Ncali

Veteran
Inspires me to do a screen of GT one day, it seems a great line that takes qell to those type of techniques. You have grown some gorgeous plants. Really dark green.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Inspires me to do a screen of GT one day, it seems a great line that takes qell to those type of techniques. You have grown some gorgeous plants. Really dark green.

Thankee! I do hope the fade will bring out some colors... I see some purplish hues already, so I'm looking forward to the fade!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Golden Tiger flower at day 71:

IOYmF68.jpg

musigny23

More pics of my 4 Golden Tiger girls. Two from feminized seeds and two from standard seeds (I germinated four so a 50/50 result)

A feminized one here that appears to be a Malawi dominant pheno. At about a meter high I pulled the center top over causing the side branches to grow more. Next I pulled some out and staked them to open the plant up to more sun. The stakes also will help when the buds add weight and when it gets windy.To the left are two Destroyer plants obtained from the Ace website.

Here's a standard seed plant with noticeably narrower leaves. I guess the latest version has more Thai influence and it shows. I am very curious to see what will come from these. I pulled the whole plant to the north to expose more of it to the sun and encourage growth. Just behind it I'm trying a Columbian Llanera landrace for the first time (in case you're wondering about the other plant in the photo).

Here is the big Tiger. At just over 2 meters high now. This largest raised bed allows lots of root space which can support a big plant. This one is doing well. This is the other feminized seed plant and also looks like a Malawi dominant pheno. Should yield a kilo+ easily. Just next to it and behind it is a companion Destroyer. I plant Golden Tiger and Destroyer together. It just seems like a good pairing. And these two are doing well sharing this raised bed.

This other standard seed female is very consistent in showing Thai dominance. I have this tied in a wire cage to spread it out and stabilize it. I have a Malawi x Thai Stick cross I made that really looks a lot like these standard GT plants. It will be interesting to compare my cross with these latest Ace GT versions.

musigny23

Thanks, I'm always trying to get the most from the high potential of the genetics. That's always the idea, right? :biggrin:

In rating the post, somebody commented that my stakes "look frail". I've used a variety of stakes over the years. The costs vary, the materials vary. For example the more expensive plastic coated metal ones are nice when new, but after a few seasons the plastic coating cracks and the metal rusts and they degrade. I've found that bamboo is much cheaper and is quite stiff and strong. Eventually they will weaken from weather exposure too but they're so much cheaper it doesn't matter. So those in the photo may appear frail but they function well.

YukonKronic

Thanks, I'm always trying to get the most from the high potential of the genetics. That's always the idea, right? :biggrin:

In rating the post, somebody commented that my stakes "look frail". I've used a variety of stakes over the years. The costs vary, the materials vary. For example the more expensive plastic coated metal ones are nice when new, but after a few seasons the plastic coating cracks and the metal rusts and they degrade. I've found that bamboo is much cheaper and is quite stiff and strong. Eventually they will weaken from weather exposure too but they're so much cheaper it doesn't matter. So those in the photo may appear frail but they function well.

If it were me I would just have meant that your tiger tree makes the stake look like a wisp of twig or a toothpick or something equally small and insignificant by comparison... very nice specimens :tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Golden Tiger harvested on Day 86:

F1xZWkb.jpg

byaX6UF.jpg

TVaUbX5.jpg

I've never trimmed such thin fan leaves before.

NsMbXmG.jpg

ItsieUo.jpg

I had to use a saw to chop it down.

CowboyTed

Golden Tiger harvested on Day 86:

I've never trimmed such thin fan leaves before.

View Image

It seems I have a similar pheno with thin Thai leaves.

picture.php

I just flipped to 12/12 (by blackboxing outdoors) so mine should finish in early October if it is a similar pheno.

What kind of terps do you smell?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
It seems I have a similar pheno with thin Thai leaves .... What kind of terps do you smell?

Man, I honestly can't turn it into words yet. It's sort of floral but kind of sour, in a way. But man, I'm really reaching. I don't think my nose has much experience with these terps, so it's taking the receptors a long time to decipher it all. I'll get back to you on that after the manicure.

musigny23

If your plants are from the latest releases of GT regular seeds, there is greater Thai influence now which would explain the thiner leaves. I've got two feminized and two regular plants going and the feminized have broader leaves and what seems like more Malawi influence.

CowboyTed

If your plants are from the latest releases of GT regular seeds, there is greater Thai influence now which would explain the thinner leaves. I've got two feminized and two regular plants going and the feminized have broader leaves and what seems like more Malawi influence.

That might explain my results. I popped two GT beans (regulars) I purchased last fall, and both were female with thin leaves.

It's interesting to observe the range of Malawi offspring. At the moment I have Malawi, GT and Zamaldelica growing outdoors, as well as an "Angry Jamaican", which is Malawi crossed with CBG Caribe. The only one that shows thin Thai leaves is the GT. The rest have wider leaves like Malawi.

rlsmooth

Ihan think it was early April, when I cut my GT. The aromas have remained surprisingly well, even after a hot summer @jars in room temperature. You can still catch the spicy fruity aromas. When vaping it is really easy on the lungs, can't say much about the taste except that it has fruity sweetnes mixed with spicy pepperness..got a damn flu atm.

But I've really learned to appreciate the effect during the past month. I spend a little time off it during the summer smoking hashes and vaping indica hybrids. When I came back to it I was amazed how clear the effect is , and there isn't a burnout feeling afterwards. One of my friends liked it so much he called it the best weed he'd had in recent years and was willing to pay huge overprice for my remaining stash :D . With my current tolerance after vaping one base I feel really focused and blessed, and it is reallly up high... I don't want to lay on a sofa after it, great stuff for sports and fishing etc.

If I ever get to a place where I can keep few of my favourites as mothers/ or keep clone run running I'll definetly search a good GT pheno to take care of the sativa side..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts