What's new

Golden Tiger

Cleaned8272727

It's been a month since I harvested my Thai-dom GT. Here's a quick review of this strain:

Great potency; similar to KA5H in term of strength. Maybe a bit weaker but still very powerful weed. The effects are very special, hard to describe. It's potent, all head high, but very very clear. I love reading books while on Golden Tiger because the mental capacity is not at all muddled. It provides an introspective headspace, perfect for introverts and people who enjoy their own company. Your senses feel as though they expand outward, letting you soak in the external world around you, this is the complete opposite of KA5H, which pierces deep into your own mind, ignoring the external world. Because of this, Golden Tiger should be good for hikers and people who like the outdoor. I work third shift and had spent many quiet sunsets with Golden Tiger, just watching the sun fade. You can appreciate beauty in odd places.

Side effects: terrible for complex tasks that require dexterity of the hands. Hand-eye coordination goes in the trash once you're high on GT. Expect constantly bumping into shit and dropping things onto the floor. Gets jittery at high dose.

Gloansy

I took them to 136 days

Golden Tiger Day 136 Drying.JPG
Golden tiger Day 130.JPG
Golden tiger Day 135.JPG

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
congrats on the harvest Gloansy :respect: looks like crazy Thai trip weed!
Enjoy and please get back to us with your opinion once you are used to her.

Azn00superman thanks a lot. :wahey: I also love when good strong and trippy sativas allow my mind to go 'out of the box', exploring 'places' out of realm of thought. I also enjoy a lot reading a good book (especially philosophy) under these type of effects, meditate, make a walk and enjoy nature, ... and hell yes, better don't do something too much complicated with your body during the peak of its effects, and don't expose yourself to strangers since it is impossible to hide GT effects :D

JustGrowing420 love her elegant, untamed tropical sativa traits. Get ready, she is going to be wild! :smoke:

Shua1991

I decided to grow another 3 packs in Hope's of finding a male for breeding and potentially a rotten phenotype, if I get the "rotten" phenotype i plan to pollenate it with "Maruf Kandahar Red Selection" by indian landrace exchange, 2 rotting/funky varieties far removed genetically which is perfect for a hybrid.

JustGrowing420

One for structure comparison of all three now they start to flower, pic sucks otherwise.
Middle one is the one from my last post. What about the one on the right??

fetch

Ncali

Veteran
If I had to guess, from left to right malawi leaner Hybrid, thai leaner hybrid and very malawi hybrid. That's literally my guess, dubi would be the expert... I love growing GT tho. Haha.

Looks great dude. Thanks for sharing

Gloansy

congrats on the harvest Gloansy :respect: looks like crazy Thai trip weed!
Enjoy and please get back to us with your opinion once you are used to her.

me and my buddy who smokes every day all day tested a small bud last night (two bowls each in our gandalf pipe)
watched fellowship of the ring and blow
and we both agreed its the best cannabis we have ever smoked since starting smoking in the mid 90's
exellent stuff

Ncali

Veteran
Is that the koh Chang version or the Meao Thai version?

Looks beautiful man, the gloss is new to me haha. Have not seen that before in GT

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Is that the koh Chang version or the Meao Thai version?

Looks beautiful man, the gloss is new to me haha. Have not seen that before in GT

I can’t really say for certain. The GT seeds were given to me from a mutual friend and I believe he got them directly from Ace. Recollection suggests at least 7 years ago, but I think it’s been even longer from when GT was a new Ace offer. Maybe dubi can tell where the glossy green comes from because I’ve not seen it either.

<Edit>. These are fem seeds direct from Ace a few years back. Not from a friend.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Nice to see you growing some GT this year Ur Humbl Nr8tor ;) GT regular seeds older than 2014 are for sure the version with only one Thai (Meao).

yeah, dubi. I think I’ve got my seed notes a little jumbled. These are fem’s. Not from Terp. Those were all GT crosses. So I bought them from Ace direct, but now I’m not sure when. Definitely not the most recent. I’ve got some familiarity with the Meao Thai from the Haze x Thai crosses you did many moons ago. Let’s see how this one turns out (whichever version).

Click image for larger version  Name:	FAEDCAD0-ED81-48A5-B8DE-94AC356EF5AC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	197.9 KB ID:	17917632

she still is sporting that ever so shiny green but without the sun dialed right on her.

Click image for larger version  Name:	17DEDA05-86AC-4C75-BC21-BF0081AEE6E7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	180.5 KB ID:	17917633

BooBeats

In 2016 i purchased a pack of GT Regs expecting to start growing but actually get things going until last year. I grew out 4 GTs with some other plants as my first grow and over a year later as i'm dowm to the last nugs from that run i thought i'd share my experience.

i made many beginner mistakes like leaving them in veg for way too long, dealing with 30+°C temps for months and whatever it was that had leaves dying off at an abnormal rate throughout flowering. Of the 4 i grew, two turned out to be male. As i set to flower the 2 females, they were in pots i would estimate to 3-5 Gal and were many weeks old. After almost a month under 12/12 they still wouldn't flower and were stretching like crazy. Switching to 11/13 did the trick but man did they stretch lol. I had to break the tops a few times and they would prop back up over night, such vigorous plants.
One of the two females has a strange wispy bud formation, more hemp-like than ganja is how i would explain it. And by mid-flower i had to choose to take it out the tent as i had underestimated how much room these would take and could only keep one.

The one that made it all the way through was cut down around 11 weeks and grew small buds all over the plant, and though i struggled with just about everything with that first grow, it yielded about 6 ounces of trichome-covered resinous buds smelling like mangoes/tropical fruit and wood.

I've grown around 30 different varieties since i started last year and this Golden Tiger has been everyone's favorite. Long-lasting effefts that cut through other strains with ease. I cut down on the smoking recently and the remaining one-year GT i have in jars leaves me with residual effects even 3h after smoking a few bong hits. There was some burnout to it the first months but after this long cure it is gone. A very strong but up high.

I popped the rest of the pack along with a pack of Zamaldelica Regs from the same time a fee weeks back. Looking forward to a lot more madness in the months to come

Also most my pics won't upload so here are some random shots of the grow

Attachments

• photo2067409.jpg
    photo2067409.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • photo2067410.jpg
    photo2067410.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 43
  • photo2067412.jpg
    photo2067412.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 33
  • photo2067411.jpg