What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Ncali

Veteran
Oh I like her a lot, is that the current release? (Chang mai?)

What kind of nose is she putting off

Gloansy

they were labeled 2019
as for nose to me all my grows smell the same limey carrots (probably from younger days partying like Lemmy)

Dr Bombay

That's super awesome!! Really is beautiful.😻 LOVE the high five💚!!! Congratulations on building your stash! Noob question: What is KASH?

Cleaned8272727

That's super awesome!! Really is beautiful.😻 LOVE the high five💚!!! Congratulations on building your stash! Noob question: What is KASH?

Thank you for the kind words :)
if you're referring to the KA5H it's "killer a5 Haze", another fantastic strain by Ace, I highly recommend it too.

Dr Bombay

Thank you! l enjoy ACE seeds also. Plus l was just musing about Haze's while blasting🎧 my Spotify playlist! I have just harvested two GTs but have not smoked any yet. Really looking forward to it. Your description of the effects seems like it might be more suitable for evening 🔥👍🌄🧞

Thank you again. Your buds look like sculptures.

Cleaned8272727

Thank you! l enjoy ACE seeds also. Plus l was just musing about Haze's while blasting🎧 my Spotify playlist! I have just harvested two GTs but have not smoked any yet. Really looking forward to it. Your description of the effects seems like it might be more suitable for evening 🔥👍🌄🧞

Thank you again. Your buds look like sculptures.

Yeah I would categorize it as an evening smoke. I vapes it twice, both times the effect was very strong, immediate and pretty much 100% on the head. Really changes your sensorial perception. Gives me the jitters. Have to move my hands slowly because fine motor control goes out the window lol.

Thanks again. Im sure you'll enjoy your GT as well.

JustGrowing420

Trifoliate GT branch, found along with a Purple Haze x Malawi branch at the same time while cloning.

fetch

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran

Attachments

• 4AE33D6F-3ABE-433C-A690-82FE6E11D47D.jpeg
    4AE33D6F-3ABE-433C-A690-82FE6E11D47D.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 27

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Was this golden tiger the f1 seeds?

Burtz, I think my vault notes are incorrect and I believe this GT is actually more recent stock. I’m going back through the details. I’ll have to look at my last couple years Ace seed orders, but now I’m thinking these are fairly recent and feminized. But, I don’t believe they are for the newest GT releases. She’s still a real beauty. Thanks for the interest!

JustGrowing420

One of my three golden tigers, a short pheno (~50-60cm), topped one time, still after 30 days of 11.5/12.5 not flowering. I like the leaves very much, may be on the verge of N toxicity though:
fetch

The trifoliate clone from above post (but not from above plant) rooted eventually, I wonder, read somewhere that trifoliate plants exhibit less vigor, this is a different case as the rest of the plant is normal. Did I make a mistake? the non trifoliate candidate clone from same plant was slower to root...
fetch

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot Azn00superman for sharing with us your growing experience and early vape test with your GT! :tiphat:
The finishing buds have those furious Malawi resin glands that anticipate a dangerous psychoactivity ;) The flowering structure of your plant leaned clearly more towards Thai than Malawi, with a more foxtailed open Thai structure. The oily greasy terps are signature from Malawi Killer, while the pineapple side comes from recombination of Thai terps, but curiously are very rare to find directly in the pure Thais involved in GT. Glad you also found a pineapple scented GT of your taste vinrusso ;)

Azn00superman, glad to see the jars full! Should provide a lot of moment to trip out in the upcoming months :D Be careful when you share it with friends. Thai leaning GTs are more difficult to grow indoors than your average Panama which is a much more highly worked and tamed sativa hybrid, but with a correct environment GT yields equally good as Panama, i'm sure you will find it much easier to grow from clone. Enjoy!

Thai leaning GT on week 12, 1 more week to go. Tbh im quite disappointed in the yield, it doesn't look like it will be a heavy harvest, the buds are very airy.
However she is quality from top to bottom. The buds are extremely sticky and full of trichomes, and the way she is structured, long slender colas, means light penetrates down to to the bottom, resulting in almost no larf. Every bud is of prime quality. I'm including the full sized pics so you can zoom into those buds and see for yourselves.

With that said this has to be some next level, royalty, magic weed for me to keep a clone. I probably won't even then. I don't have enough grow space for strains that goes 13 weeks when they don't yield well and as finicky as she is. If she yields like Panama she can go for as long as she wants lol. If I have more space, like an extra 4x4 I'll no doubt grow her again. The buds look stellar Good thing I have one more seed of Golden Tiger fem.

dubi i forgot to answer your question, she smells like a mix of motor oil and pineapple. The resin content is unreal.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for your feedback MyGrowRoom :) Glad it allows you to connect with memories of yesterday, deep inner feelings and with a positive contentment. GT effects can be too much for some since it goes very deep and last a a long long time. It can be both: completely trippy and mind-changing, like switched to a different cartoon world, while other times it reveals with an overwhelming strength your inner psychological state and ego. It's not for kids, neither for those who prefer more superficial experiences with cannabis.

hey man this was a great review to read after smoking my GT. thanks for that and I completely agree on old memories and real weed thing. This weed reminds me of older landraces we used to smoke here, just more premium with positive mental effect. And we've had old memories brought back with Tiger,I think some brains are connected telepathically when it comes to smoking weed.For me it is fast and highly cerebral,triggering a very active inner happiness.Sometimes it feels dangerous -increasing heart bpm- but I prefer it over Killer A5 when I need mental refreshing.No comedown for me.Only fog descends as I keep smoking.Turns into a point to point solo race on a foggy afternoon.Another thing I liked about it is that next morning is relaxed and optimistic just like Congo. Cheers and have nice smokes

Glad you are also enjoying there with your GT bushed ;) After strictly only vape for a few months parental plants that i know very well, but only from smoking, i agree that effects are slightly different. I find vaping produces clearer effects, while smoking much dirtier and more intoxicating, but the nature of the psychoactivity of the plant remains basically the same, i mean i still feel sleepy after vaping Lavender for example, while New Malawi Killer always puts me every time in a 'philosophical' state (vaped or smoked).

I would like to share my review of this strain. Wish I had taken pictures, the plants were huge out of this world. This was my first sativa grow.

I germinated 2 seeds in pots on the first day of spring in my tunnel house. After a month or so I planted one outside and one in tunnel house. They grew very aggressively, into huge bushes, I topped them both once and bent them over to keep them away from the tunnel house roof and under my 2 meter fence line. Flower seemed to take for ever to start I began to question if they would finish before winter. Both plants grown organically in volcanic soil with aged horse shit and aged hay, mainly added for water retention.

I've read this whole thread so can say that all clues suggest the outdoor plant is the Thai leaner, smaller leaves that some began to yellow early, great mold resistance, the last month of Autumn was really wet, but this plant had hardly any mold at all. Interesting this was the faster finisher of the two. Final dry yield not counting popcorn was over 17oz.

I believe the other plant was more Malawi leaning, much bigger leaves and more resinous, not as mold resistant, I took the tunnel house skin off to help with this during the last month, this one was harvested a week or two early (same time as it's sister) than ideal as mold was starting to set in, some buds looked pretty much done. Would still rate mold resistance as great compared to any other hybrid I've grown in the past, the weather here is very variable and it gets very wet at times, as well as periods of intense sunlight. Yield on this was huge, stopped counting at 26oz and there's still loads of smaller buds.

As stated I wish I had taken pictures I wouldn't have believed me either!

Now sometimes when sativa fans speak around here it's like there describing a whole different drug. I'm of the opinion that these extreme trippy effects are mostly situational as that's my personal experience. I can't say I've experienced any really trippy effects but what I can say is this is VERY STRONG.

This is true every day toker weed here, it puts everything else I've grown to shame, including my karma biker Og kush and other popular hybrids grown from seed. It just cuts straight through everything else, in very small quantities it's motivating and positive, 2 drags is my preference, smoke half the jay and it makes you feel brain dead, the warning about not driving after is spot on, just absolutely stoned like you remember from being a kid. I'm also getting lots of strange old memories but this could be coincidence. Tolerance build up doesn't seem to come into it still feels the same after 3 weeks. Two older gentleman I gifted to both say it's the best they've had in years and reminds them of "real weed".

Thai leaner tastes sweet with hint of orange rind, is the stronger of the two but this may be because it had finished up. Malawi leaner looks amazing is really resinous has a sweet fruity taste still packs a serious punch. Both have a strong sweet taste. Neither smelled loud next to cheese/skunky type plants but wouldn't call them low odour either.

So all in all I rate these very highly, I'm finished with indoor now, this yield will last me many years, I haven't touched any of my other jars, the only reason for me to grow would be to check out the remaining 3 golden tiger seeds.

I kept cuts of both and plan to get them to as many people in my area as possible, just for the good of mankind!

Thoughts? Comments? Would love to continue the conversation with other tiger lover.

Thanks growroom, I find the tiger functional when vaped but stupifying when smoked, I find the duration great in the vape compared to anything else, I seem to have cut my evening use in half by just not having the need to go back. I rarely experience much burnout or tired feeling the next day since growing my own for the last decade, I associate these things with crappy commercial that hardly get you high and leave you feeling tired and grumpy. Is your tiger indoor or outdoor?
My new favorite sativa for listening and playing music is New Caledonia JustGrowing420 It sounds amazing :abduct:
Nice description, now you're killing me, I can't wait to try it even though mine are not even flowering yet!
I like a lot the devastating effects you mention with motor skill impairment.
How does music sound with GT?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Gloansy sorry for my late reply, guess you must be already harvesting or starting to enjoy it. Yours is also a Thai leaning phenotype (long nodes, lanky branching, foxtailed open flower structure, long flowering) like Azno's pheno, yet with enough Malawi influence to work well indoors and to produce a high yielding and resinous harvest. How were the aromas in late flowering ?
Hope the grow was a success :yes:

103 days since flip
top buds look like 4-8 weeks left lowers seems a bit more advanced
here's a tiny frosty lower and an sideways bud

Gloansy

Hi Gloansy sorry for my late reply, guess you must be already harvesting or starting to enjoy it. Yours is also a Thai leaning phenotype (long nodes, lanky branching, foxtailed open flower structure, long flowering) like Azno's pheno, yet with enough Malawi influence to work well indoors and to produce a high yielding and resinous harvest. How were the aromas in late flowering ?
Hope the grow was a success :yes:

Halloen Dubi no not yet I'm thinking of giving it 5-14 more days.
unfortunatly I am terrible at recognizing armoas but I'm sure the grow was a success
made some seeds and I'm sure the smoke will be exellent

Latest posts

Latest posts