What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi,

Bought 4 feminized three packs of Ace and I’m so excited! I do have a question though what version is this Golden Tiger?

Hi Naindejardin, thanks for supporting our work, much appreciated. Unless the packaging states 3rd version then it's the main second version we are discussing here. Please, keep us updated!

Nice pheno xtsho, balanced and not out of control, yet with lots of Thai influence :yes:

Széklet Nagyúr said:
I dont know if these counts as hallucinations, but i had intense flashbacks from the past old silent movie style with a yellowish tone, almost like your whole life is larped in front of you by your friends and the theatre is the inside of your skull.
Also sometimes the body stone is accompanied by an unusual feeling of well beign, it is like im chilling on a very old ship ( like the ones the romans used ) and just slwoly floating trough some ether made of history.
The body stone is like i am in a stasis field made of light-like energy but no sudden stuff alltough it is unusually heavy for a sativa.

Thanks Széklet Nagyúr for your doing a grow diary for your GT in the Hungarian room :) Your pheno grew lanky, more Thai style, but the way she ripe at the end was very Malawi with those big trichomes, plenty of resin and denser final flower structure. Sounds like you a got a truly -out of body-out of time- experience with your GT Glad the experience was companied with pleasant body feelings. My last proper psychedelic experience with cannabis was also with GT 1 year and half ago, since then i have smoked great potent cannabis and sativa strains, but nothing like a good GT to trip out, especially if she catches up you off guard :D

Hi rod58, nice to see GT growing outdoors and planted in soil. Looks to me like a Koh Chang Thai phenotype in late veg although i would prefer to evaluate her flowering traits before say more.... how did she finish ?

Excellent MyGrowRoom :) Congrats on your harvest, and glad you are pleased with the yield, potency and effects of your GT!
Your pheno was very Malawi in growth, quite Thai dominant up to the first 2/3 parts of flowering, to later finish very Malawi style.
A pleasure to know Congo's high is your current favorite ;)

MyGrowRoom

Man you are the boss.Thanks for everything,for breeding such quality genetics,for very helpful responses.I'm a big fan from Turkey.I was thinking about asking if THCV amount in Golden Tiger is quite considerable.It doesn't make me hungry, no sudden blood pressure changes and mentally refreshing.
I wish some day I could visit you in place and collect as many seeds as I can to grow

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi All.....

I have a question about humidity in 11/13 mode. For example, does sativa need higher humidity in the first month? Dubí, please. How many weeks does it take for the GT to bloom? I'm talking about the first flowers. Is there a big time difference in phenotypes? Thanks.

Question

Please, does it make sense to shine sativa on an MH lamp?
I read that there is a blue spectrum in the subtropics and tropics during flowering. Not red, such as in mild climate. Well thank you.

Hi Naturalgazda, pure sativas usually also enjoy high humidity during flowering stage, but if you are growing indoors lower the humidity to 40 % for best results and to avoid fungus proliferation.
Yes, there are differences on GT phenotypes as you can see here from other growers experiences, you can find quite Thai dominant, tall, long flowering and very mold resistant phenos, more compact, faster flowering, more resinous Malawi phenos of much denser flowers, and expressions inbetween.

Regarding your second question, GT flowers very well under classic HPS although other more extreme (not so tamed) tropical sativas like Oldtimer's Haze or pure Thais don't flower very well only under HPS. We are getting very good results flowering the most extreme sativas indoors with LEC lamps and with high quality brand new LED tyechonology of very wide spectrums. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your feedback F2F :) Overripe/rotten fruity mango terpenes sound very appealing for GT :) I think your plant suffered of macronutrient deficiencies very early on on flowering stage. Although GT doesn't need much nitrogen, try to keep your cannabis plants fully green until reaching first 2/3 parts of flowering, then start to consider to lower down the feedings or styart with the flusing to make sure the plant is clean at harvest time. It's very important to keep green the plants through most of the flowering stage, else yield and quality will be affected.

i'm late on this, but as a seasoned toker i really enjoyed the head high and the cartooney vision that i hadn't had in years. if i were to have smoked it after a month long break, i might have noided out... not sure. very nice and uppy with a deeper and heavier late development when overindulged, iirc (been over a year since i had it last).

as a novice toker, my partner (teeth cut on medical grade, strong but mundane american hybrids) was thrown into the stratosphere, could hardly speak. handled it like a pro, could have been a disaster.

hope that answers ya :D

(would love to see your description after a cure and all)

Thanks for sharing your positive experience nepalnt21 :D That's the type of effects i'm hoping growers will experience with their GTs!

Hi Dubi. It's been a long time my friend. I've still been playing around quietly in the background with this strain. Its by far my favourite. I'm currently growing the latest feminised version. In my latest grow project I'm working on selecting a mother plant to keep growing under lights. I just wanted to pick your brains and see if you can help fast track the selection process. I've got 40 plants outdoors in 65L smart pots. They were moved outdoors into flower 30/5/20. I took a clone of each and kept them in veg under lights. Needless to say I'm starting to run out of room with the plants in veg and i'm reluctant to take clones and start again. I was wondering if you were be able to help point me in the right direction in what pheno I should be looking for. In my last run I would break them down into 3 categories. Early flowering, Medium flowering. Both phenos were very uniform and similar in appearance and varying terpens and large tight dense flowers. And late/long flowering which tend to grow huge in size and structure with large number of small buds. This pheno appears rarer with probably only 2 or 3 out of 40 like this. The 3 traits i'm looking for in order are 1. Yield 2.Potency 3. Terpens/flavour. As far as terpens go I'm smelling tropical juuice, green Mango, ripe mango, narcotic gasoline and the rarest which is my favourite is passionfruit. Would you be able to help? Which phenos tend to be the highest yielding, which tend to be the highest strength and which terpens more desireable. I know it sounds silly but i've never taken the time to weigh each individual plant to see which ones yields the most. I just usually blend them all into the same bag. Any help would be appreciated!

Sorry for my late reply crazy shovel Glad you rate Golden Tiger as your favorite strain :kiss: You are correct on the 3 main GT phenos based on flowering times, being the earliest ones the more Malawi influenced, the ones in the middle more Malawi/Thai balanced phenos, and the late flowering very Thai dominant ones.

I think all 3 have the potential to produce similar yields when planted outdoors in soil, the late flowering Thai phenos produce smaller phenos but can get huge, up to 4 meters if sown early enough, while the early ones produce much more denser flowers in less space, if you are selecting to later grow the selections indoors, and yield and raw potency are your main selection criterias then i would select a very high yielding and fast flowering Malawi pheno of stupidly raw potency ala Old Malawi Killer style, but if you ask me i would look for the more Thai influenced phenos, which add the trippy factor to Malawi's extreme raw potency and select also for more refined fruity terpenes, that would be my perfect GT selection, but that's just my taste and preferences.

I've grown both fem and reg GT seeds outdoors at 37°N the past few seasons. What I have seen is that the fems (and the phenos I've gotten) finish 2-4 weeks ahead of the regs(and the phenos I've gotten with them).

My two fems this season are already cut and dried. Two of three regs are still going but I expect I'll take later this week depending on the weather. I took one of the regs about a week ago.

But that's outside. I'm not sure if it directly correlates to inside but it probably would.

That's correct musigny23 The fem version is a bit faster in average than the regular one since the regular uses a slower more Thai influenced male in the last step, while the fem version uses a faster flowering more Malawi influenced pollen donor in the last step (the mothers in both cases are the same), although it also depends on the pheno: ie a very Thai dominant late maturing feminized plant vs an early Malawi pheno from regular seeds.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I found a 13-14 week blueberry smelling/tasting phenotype, in early flower and in veg it has a sweet pineapple smell at end of flower it sweetens further and becomes a distinct blueberry jam smell.

would love to see pics of the flowers if possible Shua1991 :) I have found lemon, mandarine and less frequently other fruits in GT line but never blueberry.

This meao thai leaning golden tiger has fantastic up and trippy effects. F2s are in the works and will be explored as soon as ready.
It looked more done a week ago, the sample from then was excellent.

Do you have an opinion on fasciated plants regarding their worthiness in breeding?
I have read conflicting information about what causes them and wondering if it should be discarded or used in your opinion.
It is an odd plant for sure, self topping at about twelve inches and the clone threw a branch out of the center of fan leaf.
Five females and the other male are normal so f2s will be made regardless of the fasciated males fate.

Just curious, thanks.

Hi I wood, a pleasure to see you growing and reproducing the original Golden Tiger first version (Old Malawi Killer x Meao Thai male F1 hybrid) and that you found a potent trippy pheno that motivates you to continue with the line :) Did you have the chance to explore the F2 offspring ? imo current GT version 2 is superior in all senses, the addition of Koh Chang Thai (my favorite Thai) and New Malawi Killer plant really 'close the circle' in the breeding of this strain.

The fasciated bud always contains more vegetable matter and less resin, terpenes and cannabinoids than the other normal buds from the same plant, so it's not a positive mutation although it's funny and interesting to see. Fasciated plants usually only do the fasciation in one small part of the plant, so if you find the qualities of the normal buds of the fasciated plant are superior to her sisters then keep her, otherwise not.

Hello! here my fem golden tiger at 14 weeks (12.5 weeks on 11/13, 1.5 weeks on 10/14) outdoor. Some amber trichome. Here the cold is coming so I decided to harvest, although I left some flowers to harvest next week.

Are you growing something like this? I would like to know what phenotype it is. It smells like lemon and fruit. i guess it will be 50/50 thai - malawi

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for sharing your experience, your GT really enjoyed the sun and your outdoor conditions, looks surprisingly well developed after only 8 weeks of flowering. It's without any doubt a Malawi pheno with those abundant resins, giant trichomes and fast flower development.

As Tansgwena pointed out, i like and usually recommend to bring the GTs until the very end of flowering for best yield, potency and complexity of effects, although at the end it's the grower who must decide based on personal preference. How did the 8 week harvest compared with the 14 weeks ? Which one did you prefer ?

I recently harvested my GT shortly after week 11. Chrystals mostly cloudy, very few amber colored.
System: Waterfarm

Smoke:
This is the most badass plant I have ever grown. :woohoo:
Unique High!

4-5 hits (80% GT, 20% tobacco) and you are fucked up for 3 hours easily.
You should absolutely not smoke this e.g. prior or during work, driving ... You definitely would hurt yourself/cause damage!
You should find some good place and time for this princess and you will be rewarded (close to planning doing shrooms).
I sat in front of my high end speakers and became one with the sound and was so much in the moment, awesome! Lot of thoughts and you also get the munchies.
I think being outdoors at a creek or a forest would also be great with this.

A friend said to me after testing this: "Very close to the holy grail!"

Ace Seeds rule! :tiphat:

Strong/healthy/vital genetics! The time of growing weak holland/american hybrids is over for me.
You will see what I am talking about when you compare those genetics a few weeks into 18/6.

Thanks for your positive feedback on your GT experience nielson :tiphat: It menas a lotcoming from such an experienced grower like you!
I agree with you, after smoking GT better stop with the 'must to do list' and get ready for the trip ... i was nearly involved in a car accident with a truck in the highway after smoking GT 2 and tripping like a kid, definitely not a pleasant experience neither i would recommend to do anything physically dangerous under its effects.
So what do you prefer ? Golden TIger or Bangi Haze x Panama ? :D

bushed

I would like to share my review of this strain. Wish I had taken pictures, the plants were huge out of this world. This was my first sativa grow.

I germinated 2 seeds in pots on the first day of spring in my tunnel house. After a month or so I planted one outside and one in tunnel house. They grew very aggressively, into huge bushes, I topped them both once and bent them over to keep them away from the tunnel house roof and under my 2 meter fence line. Flower seemed to take for ever to start I began to question if they would finish before winter. Both plants grown organically in volcanic soil with aged horse shit and aged hay, mainly added for water retention.

I've read this whole thread so can say that all clues suggest the outdoor plant is the Thai leaner, smaller leaves that some began to yellow early, great mold resistance, the last month of Autumn was really wet, but this plant had hardly any mold at all. Interesting this was the faster finisher of the two. Final dry yield not counting popcorn was over 17oz.

I believe the other plant was more Malawi leaning, much bigger leaves and more resinous, not as mold resistant, I took the tunnel house skin off to help with this during the last month, this one was harvested a week or two early (same time as it's sister) than ideal as mold was starting to set in, some buds looked pretty much done. Would still rate mold resistance as great compared to any other hybrid I've grown in the past, the weather here is very variable and it gets very wet at times, as well as periods of intense sunlight. Yield on this was huge, stopped counting at 26oz and there's still loads of smaller buds.

As stated I wish I had taken pictures I wouldn't have believed me either!

Now sometimes when sativa fans speak around here it's like there describing a whole different drug. I'm of the opinion that these extreme trippy effects are mostly situational as that's my personal experience. I can't say I've experienced any really trippy effects but what I can say is this is VERY STRONG.

This is true every day toker weed here, it puts everything else I've grown to shame, including my karma biker Og kush and other popular hybrids grown from seed. It just cuts straight through everything else, in very small quantities it's motivating and positive, 2 drags is my preference, smoke half the jay and it makes you feel brain dead, the warning about not driving after is spot on, just absolutely stoned like you remember from being a kid. I'm also getting lots of strange old memories but this could be coincidence. Tolerance build up doesn't seem to come into it still feels the same after 3 weeks. Two older gentleman I gifted to both say it's the best they've had in years and reminds them of "real weed".

Thai leaner tastes sweet with hint of orange rind, is the stronger of the two but this may be because it had finished up. Malawi leaner looks amazing is really resinous has a sweet fruity taste still packs a serious punch. Both have a strong sweet taste. Neither smelled loud next to cheese/skunky type plants but wouldn't call them low odour either.

So all in all I rate these very highly, I'm finished with indoor now, this yield will last me many years, I haven't touched any of my other jars, the only reason for me to grow would be to check out the remaining 3 golden tiger seeds.

I kept cuts of both and plan to get them to as many people in my area as possible, just for the good of mankind!

Thoughts? Comments? Would love to continue the conversation with other tiger lover.

MyGrowRoom

hey man this was a great review to read after smoking my GT. thanks for that and I completely agree on old memories and real weed thing. This weed reminds me of older landraces we used to smoke here, just more premium with positive mental effect. And we've had old memories brought back with Tiger,I think some brains are connected telepathically when it comes to smoking weed.For me it is fast and highly cerebral,triggering a very active inner happiness.Sometimes it feels dangerous -increasing heart bpm- but I prefer it over Killer A5 when I need mental refreshing.No comedown for me.Only fog descends as I keep smoking.Turns into a point to point solo race on a foggy afternoon.Another thing I liked about it is that next morning is relaxed and optimistic just like Congo. Cheers and have nice smokes

bushed

Thanks growroom, I find the tiger functional when vaped but stupifying when smoked, I find the duration great in the vape compared to anything else, I seem to have cut my evening use in half by just not having the need to go back. I rarely experience much burnout or tired feeling the next day since growing my own for the last decade, I associate these things with crappy commercial that hardly get you high and leave you feeling tired and grumpy. Is your tiger indoor or outdoor?

Gloansy

I'm guessing these are malawi doms
F89.JPG

vinrusso

Thai leaning GT on week 12, 1 more week to go. Tbh im quite disappointed in the yield, it doesn't look like it will be a heavy harvest, the buds are very airy.
However she is quality from top to bottom. The buds are extremely sticky and full of trichomes, and the way she is structured, long slender colas, means light penetrates down to to the bottom, resulting in almost no larf. Every bud is of prime quality. I'm including the full sized pics so you can zoom into those buds and see for yourselves.

With that said this has to be some next level, royalty, magic weed for me to keep a clone. I probably won't even then. I don't have enough grow space for strains that goes 13 weeks when they don't yield well and as finicky as she is. If she yields like Panama she can go for as long as she wants lol. If I have more space, like an extra 4x4 I'll no doubt grow her again. The buds look stellar Good thing I have one more seed of Golden Tiger fem.

dubi i forgot to answer your question, she smells like a mix of motor oil and pineapple. The resin content is unreal.[/QUOTE I had a pineapple smelling GT that was Thai leaning, but yours seems to be even more so. What a great high it had. I hope you get the same effects.

JustGrowing420

Time for me to join the fun here.
Ashamed to post non flowering plants after those spears above but here we go!
My 3 golden tigers, 5 days 11.5/12.5

fetch

Cleaned8272727

I chopped my GT a few days ago. Week 13. Yield seems to be 70 - 80% of Panama, which isn't bad. Still drying in bags but today I broke a bud apart and shredded it into the Arizer.

The high is heavy with some visual distortion at the peak. Like a small dose of psychedelic. Duration is longer than most other strains. New smokers would get smacked hard by golden tiger without a doubt. The high comes with some fine motor skill impairment, as I struggle to coordinate my hands to do simpler tasks like refilling the vaporizer, also lots of bumping into things with my shoulder. So far I'm very impressed with the effects, which will only get better with cure.

Going to try more samples after drying and curing, which will decide whether I will keep the clone and grow again, her effects are absolutely worth it, but the grow was pretty finnicky. The decision is made even more difficult due to the fact that the KA5H is similar in potency, but much easier grow and the yield is higher, also more compact in size and finishes faster. It's hard to beat KA5H in my book so it all depends on how much I enjoy the GT in the coming days, and how unique its effects are. Exciting times.

JustGrowing420

I chopped my GT a few days ago. Week 13. Yield seems to be 70 - 80% of Panama, which isn't bad. Still drying in bags but today I broke a bud apart and shredded it into the Arizer.

The high is heavy with some visual distortion at the peak. Like a small dose of psychedelic. Duration is longer than most other strains. New smokers would get smacked hard by golden tiger without a doubt. The high comes with some fine motor skill impairment, as I struggle to coordinate my hands to do simpler tasks like refilling the vaporizer, also lots of bumping into things with my shoulder. So far I'm very impressed with the effects, which will only get better with cure.

Going to try more samples after drying and curing, which will decide whether I will keep the clone and grow again, her effects are absolutely worth it, but the grow was pretty finnicky. The decision is made even more difficult due to the fact that the KA5H is similar in potency, but much easier grow and the yield is higher, also more compact in size and finishes faster. It's hard to beat KA5H in my book so it all depends on how much I enjoy the GT in the coming days, and how unique its effects are. Exciting times.

Nice description, now you're killing me, I can't wait to try it even though mine are not even flowering yet!
I like a lot the devastating effects you mention with motor skill impairment.
How does music sound with GT?

Cleaned8272727

Nice description, now you're killing me, I can't wait to try it even though mine are not even flowering yet!
I like a lot the devastating effects you mention with motor skill impairment.
How does music sound with GT?

I didn't listen to music when I vaped the GT. But in my limited experience most sativas are good for music. It's the cerebral high that makes the tunes stand out. I will surely try the GT with music soon though. One of my favorite pastimes is smoking sativa, play racing games with sound effects off and my spotify playlist blasting.

Gloansy

I didn't listen to music when I vaped the GT. But in my limited experience most sativas are good for music. It's the cerebral high that makes the tunes stand out. I will surely try the GT with music soon though. One of my favorite pastimes is smoking sativa, play racing games with sound effects off and my spotify playlist blasting.

I too love racing games

Latest posts

Latest posts