What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gold bugs!

brickweeder

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Those bengis sure are getting colorful. Whenever I went to a 3rd world country and looked at their money, I would joke that the more colors their bills have, the less value they have.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

And it looks like tangible items are increasing in cost...hmmm, wonder why?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
No sympathy for the stack of bengis? Pretty paper, lotsa security features?

The price of used private planes has gone up, availability down. Cash will be trash, people are stocking up for a rough one ahead. A year ago, airlines were hurting for pilots. Now, nobody flies on airlines, and they are firing pilots.

My guess is sailboats that can be lived on and moved to nicer places without war and WuFlu, are going up in price, down in availability also.

Yeah but man you got to worry about proper medical care as you age.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Medical mafia care? Foochie with a needle? No thanks. You have to be your own MD and take your health into your own hands as you age. I turned 65 this year, and based on how long my parents lasted, I have 25 years left. Thank gawd there is cannabis, incl CBD.

I quit drinking... replaced it with water w/ baking soda. No caffeine anymore either.

Got in to the doc's, and had my stuff checked. They found a hernia, got it fixed.
Previuosly figured out another malady, and stopped that also. MDs no help there.

Lifestyle: Exercise and outdoor living. Sunscreen. Dawgs. No job. No debt. No dispensary BS. No stress. Avoid liberals, politicians, dead batteries, and cops.

brickweeder

No sympathy for the stack of bengis? Pretty paper, lotsa security features?

This quote gets funnier every time I read it...hits home that the security features on the bengis are like a lock on an empty treasure chest. I read somewhere that the US has to spend 1.8 trillion by the end of july, or was it august? In either case, that's 18 billion brand spank'n new colorful secured bengies.

Remember?...right after munchkin's forte knocks visit in 2017, he said “...Gold is safe!”

Who the heck knew back then that what he was really transmitting was, "gold is safe"...to invest in because we got your back.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just called the guy who took over for the cash metal dealer business I used to buy from. Phyzz is flying off the shelf.

When the ratio gets skewed way in favor of one metal over the other, it is because demand is driving that imbalance. He will be glad to swap in that situation. I know I hated silver for a while there, as the ratio kept climbing. Would have been a good time to trade gold for more silver. I want to get rid of the silver bars first, and trade those for gold coins. I'll keep the silver coins.

Yeah, that cracked me up when muncher said that about Ft Knox. How about an independent audit then, fuckin' jerk?

Nice to know.

I also asked about converting cash to metals, for a friend. Postal MOs are how that is usually done, and he ships. He sends metals to a pot guy in CO on the reg that way.

What will a pound of organic dep sell for, in terms of gold? How many guys will trade a p of good indoor for a gold coin?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Medical mafia care? Foochie with a needle? No thanks. You have to be your own MD and take your health into your own hands as you age. I turned 65 this year, and based on how long my parents lasted, I have 25 years left. Thank gawd there is cannabis, incl CBD.

I quit drinking... replaced it with water w/ baking soda. No caffeine anymore either.

Got in to the doc's, and had my stuff checked. They found a hernia, got it fixed.
Previuosly figured out another malady, and stopped that also. MDs no help there.

Lifestyle: Exercise and outdoor living. Sunscreen. Dawgs. No job. No debt. No dispensary BS. No stress. Avoid liberals, politicians, dead batteries, and cops.

Unfortunately I was in contact with Agent Orange and developed prostate cancer. Many of my friends died from it. I had my prostate removed to save my life in August of 2018. I am happy to be here. One of my co-pilots from Vietnam had diabetes so bad I thought he was on his way out. However his wife, a Vietnamese National cured him with an old Chinese remedy for diabetes (Type 2) by using Bitter Melon. She would procure Bitter Melon at a Chinese or Asian Market. Cut it in to chunks throw them in a pot and bring it to a boil. She would remove the chunks after it cooled down and he would drink the medicine. He says he is cured.
I also have type 2. I changed my diet. Stopped taking Metformin and switched to taking 4000 mg of Bitter Melon capsules 3 times a day. The swelling in my legs has disappeared. The redness also has gone. The neuropathy has just about dissipated. I have been doing this for 5 months. I highly recommend it if you have type 2.

brickweeder

I was in saigon 18 years ago and was surprised to see a number of birth defects in the local population, one young girl, maybe 10 years old, had a leg/calf that just tapered off, no foot. That Agent Orange is some nasty stuff that is still affecting people despite the long time frame.

Lrus007

Veteran
i collected silver coins as a kid. in the 80's i sold it all when silver was $50
a oz. i saved the money. when gold went to $285 i bought into it till it
was $325 a oz. i also got 3 platinum 1 oz coins for $325 each.
then metals went up again. so then i bought into gemstones.
now i am to broke to invest. but i still got the goods.

brickweeder

i collected silver coins as a kid. in the 80's i sold it all when silver was $50 a oz. i saved the money.

when gold went to $285 i bought into it till it was $325 a oz. i also got 3 platinum 1 oz coins for $325 each.

then metals went up again. so then i bought into gemstones.

now i am to broke to invest. but i still got the goods.

Hey Old Timer, good job of unloading at 50 in the 80s and buying gold into 285. I wonder if any of what you bought was from the BOE when they unloaded half their gold at the bottom of the market (gotta love gordon brown). Not too many people have a 285-325 cost basis.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Hard to see how Gold at 1970 doesn't cross the 2K line, tomorrow morning.

then the financial media will start pretending that it has a clue about gold.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I was worried I might be paying too much about a month ago when I bought MS64 grade 1927 St. Gaudens $20 gold piece for $1775.
picture.php

Last time I bought gold, it was $1200, and I bought a bunch of 1/10 oz pandas, and Morgan dollars

St. Phatty

I was worried I might be paying too much about a month ago when I bought MS64 grade 1927 St. Gaudens $20 gold piece for $1775.
View Image

Last time I bought gold, it was $1200, and I bought a bunch of 1/10 oz pandas, and Morgan dollars

beautiful coin.

maybe the most copied coin ever.

i have a few hundred of them in Silver. obviously not the same.

Sunshineinabag

Close but no cigar?

:gday:

Cicada tells covid to fuk off

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_102714.jpg
    IMG_20200730_102714.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20200730_102800_19CS.jpg
    IMG_20200730_102800_19CS.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 25