What's new

Goji OG pollination project

pedrero

hi peton,
very nice cycle, beautifull flowers, seeds forever
there´s a lot of different aspects in your phenos, you´ll have a lot of fun with this seeds!
regards man

Peton

Ive been lazy with forum activity.

Here is a shot at an f2 or goji at. It is an offspring from the A5 pheno

picture.php

Peton

Here is some mixed shots, at 55-61 days.

B2.2 and A5.2 shows nice colours.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

This generation seems to finish much faster than the previous. This could be because i was without a pH-pen for almost half the cycle. I tried to make a buffer (calculated), but it was waaay of, probably because this acids and bases were.. very old..

When i finaly got a pH-pen my teas had an pH of 4,7-4,9. I had problems with them and had i mind that my pH could be off, but i kind of was more of then a thought.

Wellwellwelll, soon a new round is comming, and i will try to dokucument and get more active.

vapor

Veteran
Very nice pictures some of the buds pics remind me of buds i was getting in santa cruz around 97-98... I have some seeds bodhi sent me i think i will start after looking at your pics....thanks for the pics....

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Nice work documenting the phenotypes. What medium are they in and how are they being fed? Those F2's should be pretty interesting as well.

Peton

Very nice pictures some of the buds pics remind me of buds i was getting in santa cruz around 97-98... I have some seeds bodhi sent me i think i will start after looking at your pics....thanks for the pics....

Im glad that the pics could recal some memories. My first skate bord was a santa cruz, have has sience then a warn feeling when i hear santa cruz.

Nice work documenting the phenotypes. What medium are they in and how are they being fed? Those F2's should be pretty interesting as well.

:)

Both f1 and f2 were in soil mixes, based on peat, Sphagnum mosses
and compost, and 30-40% perlite in the f1s, and 20% perlite plus 20% vermaculite for the f2s.

But it seems like this stain prefered more perlite (more airy medium)

They was fed with airiated compost teas. With verying ingredients during the stages, along with some standard organic nutirents.

All phenos had some sensitivity towards nitrogen, and showed it with clawing.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
thank you again. Seeing what comes out in the f2 generation from the Goji's is fantastic. Good luck with your other work.

Kalyx

The word around the street is that the F2's is where the real magic lies with the Goji.
Judging from those pictures I would say that is very accurate, really nice work Peton.
The colors on the B2.2 and A5.2 are insanely beautiful, what types of smells and flavors are you getting?

-Kalyx

Peton

Beautiful work Peton.

Thanks! It has really been a pleasure to work with this genes

The word around the street is that the F2's is where the real magic lies with the Goji.
Judging from those pictures I would say that is very accurate, really nice work Peton.
The colors on the B2.2 and A5.2 are insanely beautiful, what types of smells and flavors are you getting?

-Kalyx

The smells of b2.2 and a5.2 are a bit more harsh then their f1 parrents, fulley but yet sweet from somehing like ripe fruits, all in all kind of overwhelming.

I guess that i have atleast 500 seeds, probably more.

Im planning to run a selection grow á la "hempy bucket" style (loads of smal pots in soilless medium)
The idea is to run them without fimming/pruning or in any way modify thier natural growth pattern, so that the phenotypes becomes more salience.
The acctual aim with the whole project is to find some real treasures, which i kinda of allready found within the f1s, and all ready in f2s too. But i have feeling that there is something very special still waiting with the remaining 100s of seeds.

Ive passed some seeds to friends, which currently are running f2s of Goji. One of them germinated around 30 seeds, and from that he tok ~10 females, and among them, som are really promising. I will try to catch some pics the next weeks.

Peton

Ive gathered some new family members within f2s of Goji.

One was revegged from previous round, as the clones from it dried out and died. Shes really got something, and i am happy that i could save her. Very uplifting energy, and definitely not something you have before bedtime. I call her Lucid Shimmering, as a get in a weird awaken state, just like the feeling of lucid dreaming.

28 days of flower
picture.php

picture.php

Next one is an offspring from A3, and i think shes almost magic, and i am very exited to try her:

30 days

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Peton

I Have also found a new promising male from f2s...

He is very robust and vigorous. Some leaves had 13 fingers, which is a record of all strains which I cultivated.

Although he did grow under low light (~ 20W Floro), he did not stretch that much, especially compared other males, grown under the same light, they became very skinny and underdeveloped compared to this one.

picture.php
picture.php

Peton

Here is a presentation of my ongoing grow.

I only have 4 plants, but they have outgrown my setup to such an extent that I had to squeeze them together. Sure, I use the area to the max, and variety seems to handle it pretty well, but they suffer in silence if I'll be honest :/

I bought some new products for this grow, one of them, a large container with a new organic bloom composition. Which I think has somehow gone bad (I won’t to throw out names).
If I take the pH of the pure nutrient, it is 3.2. If I add 2 ml / L, then I get a pH of 5.1, which is (with my knowledge) far beyond what should be used.
I know a lot of organic growers swear that you do not need to adjust the pH, according to me, it is only true in the change of +/- 0.5 units, of the ideal, perhaps a bit more on the acidic side, if you have a proper amount of lime.
I ended up in trying to adjust the pH with ashes, tons of ashes, initially they seem to really like it, but when I increased the amount of this flower food, I also increased the amount of ash, and despite the fact that the EC was much higher than what I am used to feed with, they seemed to like it. But alomst overnight, all plants got burns. Not so bad, but growth has slowed down a bit, and now I got a new dilemma, lower amount of bloom or skip to adjust pH. Right now, I'll do something in the middle.
Any advice on this is greatly appreciated!

Now back to the garden:

The first (A1-2.3), looks healthy and has a nice bud development, but despite this it has very pronounced claws, just as it has too much nitrogen. (This problem does not get better, even after flushing, and reduced nitrogen sources during veg)
I will not keep her I think, as shes got a strange smell, which reminds me of wet marble, along with very pungent smell of the yellow secretion of lady bugs, which is, quite nasty.
I hope she develops a bit more tasteful scents, or has an astonishing way in my mind.

A1-2.3 of 35 days:

picture.php
picture.php

Next is (A1-2.4). She was sown later, and needed 2-3 weeks to catch up the size of the other. But she burst into flower, so I could have begun to flower her before. I really like her structure, and she gets very frosty for its age

A1-2.4 in 26 days:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Peton

..... split post, start on prev page

Next is an f2 B2, which I run last round, I call her Lucid Shimmering.

Lucid of 42 days:
picture.php

picture.php

Finally, an f2 of A3. Her scent is similar to that of her mother, but she had a more dominant liquorice touch, like the one you get from the teas of anise or fennel. This one was hit worst with burns.
At 45 days:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

Peton

Been lazy with activity..

The one ive been calling Lucid Shimmering is about to get finished.
She is revegged, and seems to finish about 1 week erlier, anyone got experience with that?

Last time i took her a bit early, at 63 days, but this time shes more done at 61 days.

Shes really fuely, and stinks like her size^2

picture.php

picture.php

Peton

Another shot at Lucid just before taking her down. She is at 63 days.

All strings that hold her up are loose, and when she spreads out, she look to be twice the size.

The buds are rock hard, and stupendously frosty.

peacock.gif

picture.php

Peton

tok down two more plants the other day.

A1-3, and A3-2.

I think that a3-2 is the most promising keeper this far. Fantastic stone, energetic, and europhoic. And the favour, and odours are ashtonishing. Liquorice undertones, with peachy sweetness, and a very high pitch smell of ozone or some more like the most volatile aledydes of lillys. Truly fantastic.

A1-3 65days

picture.php

picture.php

a3-2 71 days
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts