What's new

Goji OG pollination project

Peton

I want to share my little quest/project to find some lovely genes, with the aim to pollinate, and run a f2.

It is mainly based on Goji OG from Bodhi, and a Sleesack male, along with a blue cheese lady, that is a few weeks ahead.
The project has been running for some time, but I’ve got pictures from the beginning, and will post them here in a chronological order, from start, until this post, and further on till the end.

11 Gojis was planted, One died from a terrible falling accident, another of them badly hurt, but has recovered, and lives, but has not been sexed yet.

(140410)

9 Remaning, gave 6 ladies and 3 males. Numbered them (without any meaning/ranking)
A1-A6, and B1-B4

The ladies.
A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and B2 are the ladies

(140425 - 15 days veg)
2 Cuttings from each was collected.

The males.
A6, B1, B4 are the males.
I just kept the Goji Male A6, as it was superior in, growth, earliest sex and a more pungent and aromatic fragrance. But Ive got a Sleesack male too. Pollen was collected, and applied to each lady (only lower branches)

(A6)

Setup.
I have got a real problem with space, so the setup is a wonder of compromises. It is 60*90*135cm, and it is 110 above the floor, due to an odd situation of space. The grow area is air tight, with a passive intake, though a tube, that goes down to the floor, to circumvent the fact that my setup is 110cm above the floor…and hot air rise.

(140511)
Light: 250w MH in veg, and 400w HPS in flower, in a cool tube.
Containers: 6l air pots. (in flower)
Medium: Soil (organic soil mix / compost, with perlite)
Temperature: The lights are on at night time, to achieve a more stable temperature. Light off/on is in the range of 24-30c.

*Early on, I had an outbreak of thrips, which slowly was dealt with, using neem. As I increased the doses of neem, it damage the leafs, and the growth was stunt. But as I stopped using it, all plants literary explode into growth.

Last edited:

Peton

I forced flower in 140501, but first signs of preflowers (males first) showed close to thos pictures, and from here on i start count flowerings days.

A1
picture.php

A2
picture.php

A3
picture.php

A5
picture.php

B2
picture.php

*As said, loads of neem was used in this period to get rid of the trips.

Peton

19 Days of flowering.

A1 - This is the smallest one. She suffered from a bad transplantation. The characteristics lean to the largest plants, especially A5. This one is very frosty.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Peton

19 days of flower

A3 - Very vigorous and fast growing. The smell of this one is distinct different from the others, with a high pitch cat pee/ozone aroma, along with some ripe pineapple
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Peton

B2 probably most sativa off these variates. This one is also a low feeder, and has giant leafs.
picture.php
picture.php

Peton

Here is another pic of A1, at 30 days of flowering, without any filters (i used filters as a reduction of picture size, as it reduces the size of the file, without harming the resolution, by reducing the amount of colours)

picture.php

Peton

A1 at 33 days of flowering

picture.php

A2 at 33 days of flowering

picture.php

A3 at 33 days of flowering
picture.php

Seeds forming of all pollinated branches

picture.php

Peton

Purple frostbite gave me helpful info on phenos, in another thread, im pasting it in here:

--------------------
Here is some info that might help. I have 2 Phenos. from the f1 seeds. GOJI#1 is similar to the thunder egg but is very potent. GOJI#2 im unsure what pheno it is most like until done.

Goji OG 2013 Summer Clone Guide:
-
• Goji OG (Bodhi Cut): The classic dark berry pinesol goji og cut. 9 weeks
-
• Santa Cruz Strawberry Cheesecake: The super frosty strawberry goji pheno from the f2 generation. 9 weeks
-
• Purple Goji OG: A purple stemmed goji og f2 cut that stays shorter and more full with a rich heavy berry aroma. 9 weeks
-
• Pinesoul : An extreme lemon pinesol f2 goji og cut, very stretchy and robust. 9 weeks
-
• Thunder Egg OG: An f1 goji selection from 100 seed plants, chosen for its incredible denseness and amazing refreshing effect. 9 weeks
-
• Queen Mother: An f1 goji selection from 100 seed plants, chosen for its size, extreme resin, and buttery og berry smell. 9 weeks

Peton

Tried to move this log from grow journals, but it was not possible.

I will continue posting pictures, as soon as i reach 50 posts, and get more space for pictures!

Peton

Looking real nice Peton, good stuff. What traits are you single ling out?

Right now it fells like i want to keep everything. Everyone of the phenos has something i like. But i guess that the final selection will be when i try them out.

I will for sure keep A1, and A3, and one of either A5 or B2 (they are very similar, but has a bit different traits, as finishing time, and aromas)

Latest posts

Latest posts