What's new

Goji OG pollination project

Headys

Peton,

Like I mentioned, I believe I'm going to be stepping into this area of the fun. When you pollinate the lower branches like that, how much yield do you expect to loose on the other branches due to the plant putting energy into the seed growth?

Thanks for any info,

- HEADYs
HEADYs-Shield-Logo.png

Peton

Peton,

Like I mentioned, I believe I'm going to be stepping into this area of the fun. When you pollinate the lower branches like that, how much yield do you expect to loose on the other branches due to the plant putting energy into the seed growth?

Thanks for any info,

- HEADYs
View Image

The energy of producing seeds are minimal on top buds. I will harvest all main buds, and then leave the remaining for maybe two weeks, under less light,so they can fully mature all seeds. That is mainly the loss in yield, but more accurat point then yield is time. The buds that have seeds in them loses, aprox, maybe 10 gram per plant, but illl add this to the sweet leaf trim, and other popcorn buds, to make honey oils. For me, no loss, just win win ;)

Last edited:

Peton

Not much development on trichs since that last update.

A1 and B2 has started foxtailing fast the last days. To me that is a good sign that harvest is closing up.

Foxtailing on A1 at 61 days

picture.php

Foxtailing on B2 at 61 days
picture.php

Close up of a foxtail on B2
picture.php

Headys

Win, Win, Win

Win, Win, Win

The energy of producing seeds are minimal on top buds. I will harvest all main buds, and then leave the remaining for maybe two weeks, under less light,so they can fully mature all seeds. That is mainly the loss in yield, but more accurat point then yield is time. The buds that have seeds in them loses, aprox, maybe 10 gram per plant, but illl add this to the sweet leaf trim, and other popcorn buds, to make honey oils. For me, no loss, just win win ;)

Nice, thanks for clarifying! Should be a fun experiment for my next run.

- HEADYs
HEADYs-Shield-Logo.png

Peton

That looks like a killer male, they way it produces a cola expression is tight.

I think it will be a nice donor. I was amazed how fast it grew compare to the other males. It was almost twice the size, and produced as you said, very compact flowers, but that just that, it started flowering fast that the others to (which could be a nice trait)
I am really looking forward to pop this seeds:dance013:

Peton

In about two days, ill leave for a vacation for about a week. Im thinking about leaving them under a 250w MH with just 8h light/day, with a total darkness for maybe 2-3 days.

Some plants really need this extra time, but some are just about to get done. I will do a close exam later today, or tomorrow, and post an update.

As i started 12/12 before they showed pre-flowers, i started the count from when i first saw signs of sex. (11 days after switch) With that count they have been in flower for 64 days, but 75 days from the switch.

Peton

I have switched to a 250 mh blub, and light will decrease for one hour each day until monday next week, with a following of total darkness a few days before i harvest all higher buds (leaving seeds to mature)

maybe i will have lights on a3 and a2 a bit longer.

heres a few pics at 66 days

a1
picture.php

a3
picture.php

a5
picture.php

b2
picture.php

Peton

I harvested all plants yesterday, at 71 days of flowering.
woohoo.gif

I will make a complete update after this weekend, with pics of all plants.

Here is

A1
just before harvest
picture.php

a close up on A1
picture.php

A5
picture.php

Peton

Its been two weeks since harvest. Ill give a quick overview.

Harvest
Just after harvest, i hung all plants for a dry in the setup. I was going to be away for some days, so i left all leave, with a trough that they might capture some moisture. When i got back, everything was dry like touchwood.

I mange to get the moisture i wanted, by placing sweet potatos, ginger and turmeric in mason jars. I wanted them really damp, so a quick fermentation would start. It worked like a charm, no signs of mold.

Seeds
I also got loads of fully mature seeds, probably to much of some phenos, especially A3. I kind of failed a bit while multitasking, mixing some of the seeds, so i have a quite large portion of seed from all plants, but yet i have plenty of seeds from specific plants.

A1 - 2 weeks since harvest
picture.php

Closeup of A1
picture.php

A2 - 2 weeks since harvest
picture.php

Closeup of A2
picture.php

B

bench warmer

Well done Peton! You've made an excellent journal here. Your Goji OG's look perfect. :yes:

Peton

I will in the next days make a finishing report. But i can say, Goji is powerful. Very powerful.