What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going to India for the harvest season?

hom

Veteran
Hello fellow cannabis enthusiasts. Am planning a trip up the Himalayas this October for a seed and charas hunt. This is when the handrubbing season is in full effect and there will be many different varieties to sample. I also plan on making hashish myself when there. It's a very cheap holiday and a very interesting time to visit. Views of the high Himalayas are always clearer in Autumn or Spring. Also the air will still be nice a warm during the day for trekking some random valleys and finding some fresh genetics. If anyone is considering going over at this time or is interested in the trip, reply and we can have a chat. Its a very safe place to travel and one of the most beautiful places on earth to sit back and get high.
I'm thinking about landing on 30th September in Delhi and going straight up to Himachal to get started. Be flying home mid October for family reasons. The trip should not cost more than 500 euro a month. I stayed in India previously for 4 months and spent 2000 euro. That covered travel, food, accomodation, snacks, motorbike, fuel, rum and lots of hashish. 500 a month for the holiday of a lifetime. Check my gallery for pics from last trip. It's landrace preservation time. It would be nice to smoke a few chillums with some ICmagers 3000 meters above sealevel. Its gonna be mental. Have a good one folks.....if ya up for something, get replying......time is short. Hom.

hom

Veteran
picture.php

BACK TO THE MOUNTAINS.........

Gelado`

Veteran
That's a s*tload of charas! I don't smoke tobacco myself--kills my wind! I had a pretty bad night in India once when I packed a chillum with charas and Gold Flake...way too much nicotine!

I can of course make the ol' charas work without tobacco. ;)

mack 10

Veteran
Shit your killing me Hom. Maybe next year.
Would love to get my hands on a few thousand grams of finest cream:mad:)
Are you going rubbing ? is it too humid for sieving?
~Mack.

Samporasa

hello Hom,
I am also visiting Himalayas for same purpose. My major purpose is to study cannabis plant in wild and gather some seeds for my future green house growing. Harvesting season is best for such activity as you can taste fresh product. i will be travelling alone and on tight budget will be carrying my camping gear. Contact if you are still planning your visit. Thanks.

hom

Veteran
Yo Mack....i don't have any bags but I do plan on maybe acquiring a silk screen in Delhi on arrival. It would be so much fun to have an endless supply of herb for dry sifting. I really wish I could go for a few months around all the Himalayan hotspots but got some commitments. My real aim is to collect and document some sweet seeds from monster mothers in and around Himachal and maybe Kashmir. Also to have an amazing time in Paradise. Some high altitude sieved hashish from India would be amazing..I've never tried it before. Had the Nepali dry sift pollen but its hit and miss...at least In India the quality is up to yourself as your making it. Gonna be a good one lad.

mack 10

Veteran
Yo Mack....i don't have any bags but I do plan on maybe acquiring a silk screen in Delhi on arrival. It would be so much fun to have an endless supply of herb for dry sifting. I really wish I could go for a few months around all the Himalayan hotspots but got some commitments. My real aim is to collect and document some sweet seeds from monster mothers in and around Himachal and maybe Kashmir. Also to have an amazing time in Paradise. Some high altitude sieved hashish from India would be amazing..I've never tried it before. Had the Nepali dry sift pollen but its hit and miss...at least In India the quality is up to yourself as your making it. Gonna be a good one lad.

Just wowsers!! Hom, :tiphat: man, What you have planned is my ultimate dream if I hadn't already booked to go to Amsterdam in 3 weeks i'd be there, shit, next year for sure! i'll bring the screens,
just imagine... Total mind blower!
If you see anything super kush style, resin bomb with monster yield get those seeds I will buy, trade them for anything in my stash
(quiet large)
Don't forget to take some pics of all that wonderful hashish!

Bom shiva!
:ying:Mack.

Ps, how safe is Nepal and travelling with hash? what are the penalties for say 100g? or 1K of cream?
is Morocco a safer option?
Do bribes still work?

Be safe and rock it out!

Gelado`

Veteran
Bribes are par for course in India and Nepal. It's all sativas in India and Nepal though (aside from the Dutch genetics that have been brought in, bastards).

Himachal can be dangerous for lone tourists, especially women. An American woman tried to hitch a ride recently and was picked up and then gang raped. Both India and Nepal are more dangerous than you're used to, but if you exercise common sense you should be good.

Samporasa

Bribes work well in India and Nepal. Remember never to show that you dont care about officials after all they have all the rights to detained you if caught with 100g or 1K.

Samporasa

Do not create any drama in front of everybody. Stay low and you can get off easily with 1k of cream. Giving Bribe is an art.