What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going to India for the harvest season?

hom

Veteran
Im going to India in early June, and am trying to find out how hard it is to get weed in Northern India, like New Delhi all the way up to the northern boarder of Nepal. I'm going on a non-agenda mission to help the infant mortality rate of 50% in the regions around Padum where the glaciers are melting way too fast for people to be able to grow food. Thank you SJ439 if you have any advice or good words to send my way!

Should be very easy to find something to smoke lad. Most of the Delhi stuff is mixed and crappy so maybe try to score when ya get into the mountains. weed will be growing everywhere and if ya ask around ya will find something decent. Small villages in the higher valleys are best for scoring the quality. Have a great time.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Anyone going to India that smokes herbal Cannabis and wants to find some good smoke needs to know it is almost impossible or just plain impossible to find Sinsi in India, the seeded can be interesting, but it is not upper crust Cannabis. If you grow the seeds as sinsi with care is the only way to get real quality Cannabis. They also dry in the sun in many locations...

Believe me I have traveled to most India Cannabis centers and the only place I found Sinsi was in Kerala, and that was 35 years ago, before the police drove all cutivation from the small farms into the jungles. The Cannabis in Kerala is now all seeded and a mere shadow of it's former self.
I used to buy the very very best Sinsi direct from the farmers in Munnar, Kerala, the only better commercial product I saw in Asia was Thai and only the very, very best Thai was better then the best Kerala. I paid an average of $3-$4 a kilo for some of the finest sinsi in the world, on the farms, 1-10 Kgs at a time. Thai is shit now also, police pressures from the USA ended the real quality years ago.

You can find good hash in the Indian mountains, "hom" is proof of that, if you work at it or you are lucky, lots of crap hash in India, like almost all of it.

I am not trying to bring you down but just to face reality.
I traveled to India 15 times over 30+ years looking for genetics, that was my real focus besides running a few small clothing manufacturing Biz's. I lived there for more then 2 years.

I love India, it is really my kind of place, great food and many great people. That said I have seen people from the West land and take a taxi into town and turn around and leave on the next plane, they could not stand the filth, smells and beggers just to start with. If you can't smoke chillums with beggers or even people with Elephantiasis or Leprosy, maybe you should consider Hawaii or Cancun.
The best laid plans all fall apart, and you need to be very flexible and go with the flow, or you will leave raving mad, like some very good friends.

I wish right now I could eat my favorite romali chapatis with any of my favorite N Indian meals, or down in the South, idli sambar or masal dosa's, but in Amsterdam the Indian food sucks to me and to anyone that has lived in India....

Anyone going to India make your plans, but be ready to adjust them and take twice as long to reach any goals, that is just how it is....
Have fun, you can.
-SamS

Last edited:

Gelado`

Veteran
I didn't know you'd spent time over there Sam...might have to take a closer look at your work with the Kerala genetics. :)

Rinse

Veteran
I visited Kerala a few years back and its one of the best places Ive traveled, like Sam says, the food is great, the people are great, and the weed is full of seeds.
I don't think a few seeds in a bud makes it inferior to sinsi, I know fully seeded plants do lose some aroma and a lot of smokeable weight though.
The hash was expensive in Kerala, you want solid your defo better off going to North India.

Spent some time in the south, Karnataka, Tamil nadu, kerala, found decent herb inall places, great tastes and trippy highs. Hermes evident in flowers, lots of mass dark green keralan that looks pressed pretty hard. Great oil down there capturing nice flavors. I got about 30 seeds per ounce in the better keralan herb. Amazing Vibe in the south, everywhere really. Sam spelled it out well take your time and maybe a ten year visa! See you all there

Nirrity

well january this year i've scored quite good sensimilla in hampi, it wasn't real sinse i've found a few seeds in a pack of 10 gramms but still it was real sativa uncompressed sensimilla buds.. probably best i 've ever faced in india as all other is a real schwag with a lot of seeds and sticks usually with terrible taste and harsh on the throat.. close second was ganja from khajuraho circa 2012 it was seeded but the high was clear serene and energetic made me want to do push ups, stretching and just go out and do shit, really smiley and alive. hampi sample was more trippy, cerebral and didnt' make me quite social as i feel like "huh? am i look weird?" i just couldn't stay in social places kinda akin to acid.
as for thai i've only been to samui and that weed was nice. little bit wet, sticky, compressed, some seeds but nice light fragrant/fruity smell, smooth spicy/cigar-like smoke and the high which just seems like a good allrounder: little bit out-of-time psychedelic, little bit energetic, quite clear, and just put me into that curious-about-everything kid-like state..

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Spent three years myself in the north doing various things.

92 was my first visit and things have changed so much! A lot of things have got worse. I agree with everything Sam has said. I've seen people loose everything to mother India. It isn't for everyone and if staying for long periods then reality checks are mandatory for ones own sanity.

The most amazing place I know of so far..