What's new

going to be a great 2008

N

NZjay

awesome job on the reveg!

and happy to hear you also are putting Blueberry at the top of your list!
shes TOP on mine! love that shit!

Doug_Marsh

Those are some nice looking buds congrats on the harvest and I would have to agree great job on the reveg! Quick question for you as I plan to do this myself with my girls which are about 9-11 days from harvest. What did you do with the roots? Did you rip down some of the root ball and repot? Or where did you just leave the roots alone and keep them in the same pot?

Y

YwouldntI

doug if you dont wanna cut ur roots after reveg you can easily just cut off the bottom inch or two of the bucket the plant is in (carefuly with a power saw or whatever),and put that inside another pot of fresh soil and the roots will just keep growing down with no stress to the roots.

Mrpiston38

dude i just took a reg kitchen knife and steralized it and cut almost 3/4 of the root mass of and in 3 days it has grown exponitaly. i did fill the pot back up with fresh soil ans gave her a big shot N so it would premote new and rapid root growth. hope that helps

G

Nice method, mr piston. Hadn't heard of that before, sounds like a good way to keep a bonsai from the original mother. Congrats on your 500th post.

Mrpiston38

didnt realize i was even that far lol wish i could get the rep tho i only have one square... but i will snap a shot of the bb tomarow

G

Mrpiston38, rep is all about what you produce. I like the reveg idea, but I do have a couple words of advice on the blueberry...flower longer. you mentioned 50 days???? the last time I grew out a true blueberry, it went 78 days and probably could have gone 85. the way to get that yield to beef up is to grow with more light. blueberry is a light starved variety...part of the problem I'm having with my polluted koolaid strain, can't give it enough light. I also believe that blueberry doesn't behave well when topped. I grew two right next to each other...topped and super cropped the one, and left untouched the other... and the later did better! also, veg that reveg out for about 4 solid weeks before giving it any darkness...you will establish some mighty strong base stems for the buds to grow on. depending on how often your soil dries out, it might be a good idea to feed every third watering. make sure you are letting the rootball really lighten up and then water with about 2/3 the volume of the rootball with water, unless you collect runoff and measure pH. I don't really do that until later in flowering, but yeah honestly I thought you could have waited another 6-10 days or so to cut the blueberry. I am an absolute devout fan of that strain and have grown it more than anything else i have smoked...it's really the only bud that makes me "hungry", while also providing laughter that won't go away.

hope this helps, good job with the growing!

peace always,
-I inhale

Mrpiston38

srry bout noics yet ive been very busy with school and job will post tomarow did get 1 Earlygirl fem and 2 hashberrys so i am going to be making bew plants and seeing what i can get... BB is exploding will get pics up tomarow eve so stay tuned.

Mrpiston38

ok people here are the pics i have been promising lets start with the Revegg BB and mind you i have never done this before so tell me if im doing it right...
2-10

2-21

and today 2-27

not to bad huh and now to the flowering fems like i said before i got 3 2 hashberrys and 1 earlygirl pluss my earlygirl male for my breeding...
earlygirl

and the 2 hashberrys

give me someinpute here people what do you think....

Mr.P

Mrpiston38

wow no love well this is why i stopped posting on the main forums hey Y NZ and other onlookers come check out my mandala thread under the mandala part on IC

Mrpiston38

just a little pic update.. that plants are going great no problems what so ever on this one. they just got a good feeding this morning. I took a clone this morning of the Hashberry and we will see if i can get it to grow, wish me luck Y.. on to the pics.
first up is a group shot of the 4 plants in flower..the 2 to the lft and the ig one have been flowering 2w longer then the dark green oneon the bottom right

here is a hashberry and it is a keeper so after this run off to the revegg for it has 3 sets of leaves at the nodes it kinda kool...

and lastly my earlygirl who is budding up quite nicly

man im lovin how easy this run is...
Mr.P

G

was that 17 days TOTAL to revegg? WOW. I have been loathing revegging for a long time and never actually resorted to it. But now I have a plant I just cant let go, that I did not clone, and consequently am going to have to revegg. Anything special you did to get such great results?

the hash berrys look great too. Im looking for a heavy producing indica, could hasberry be the answer? if not, hey its only $25.00 USD. <-- what a deal!!

keep up the good work and forget about the lack of love. Im not getting much over on my thread either, but Im glad to have a place to document my grows, so when I say, "I had this one plant..." I have a whole photo diary to tell my story. And, as always, take it easy.

n dubbya

Mrpiston38

well as far as revegg in concerend all i did was flip the pot upside down and pulled it out and i placed it in a tub then took a large kitchen knife that was steral and i cut the root mass back to about 25% and repotted it in the same container as before with a new mix of soil and then yea from 2-10 to now 3-1
its been under 24/0 light and got a huge does of N has seriously taken off.. and yea the hashberrys are doing great as well but i am really looking forward to making some seeds from the hashberry and the 1 earlygirl fem i have. but i will get some pics of when i get my ladies pregnet and see what come out of it... on comes the Berrygirls

mr.p

N

NZjay

awesome P.
although im going to clone my new special 9 finger leaved Urkle, im really thinking about trying what you did here and giving reveg a shot.

if i dont try it, its only because of space limitations. :(

but i would love to try it! you made it look easy!

Mrpiston38

ty NZ that makes me feel good that i did something and expland it well enough for you to get it and make it seem easy. it really wasnt that hard and i just thought more about it then doing it and that was what was stopping me. But i did try and fertilize a couple of budsites on my earlygirl with an earlygirl male. now that is backcrossing right? and what would i lable it IBL or what i never understood that lingo. but i am waiting for more pollen sacks to develop so i can make me some earlyberry's

mr.P

G

Looking nice MrPiston, I like how you made that reveg look so easy! I like the crosses you are making, I think it looks like some green days in your future. I like the hashberry, does it flower fast? Here is a nice thread on IBL's and F1's and F2's:http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=78176&highlight=ibl+backcross+f2+f1 In a quick answer, I couldn't tell you. It takes breeding (though selective) a bunch of similar plants over a period of time to produce an IBL I believe. This will show little variation in the pheno's, thus making it stable to breed with other Ibl's to produce an f1. A f2 is made by taking 2 f1's and producing seeds from them.

Last edited: