What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GMT goes LED. TSL2000 Mars Hydro

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Sorry for the boring update today, but in 6-7 weeks its gonna be really useful for me.

Bd G13hp, no4 is female, first pistils showed today, so she was given a proper tub to grow into and left in flowering. I also took a cutting and popped it into the nursery with the others.

2 girls, 2 boys and 1 to sex still with these seeds.
No pics till next time.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks 944, seems the trick with these LEDs is not to get too close unless you have good air flow. Which I don't. So I'm keeping even the flowering girls over 18 inches away, and the youngens much further.

The plants look healthy, GMT. How will you do for the male?
TSL2000 is dimmable. You can lower down the power if the plants cannot bear the light and heat for vegging. :tiphat:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Sorry for the boring update today, but in 6-7 weeks its gonna be really useful for me.

Bd G13hp, no4 is female, first pistils showed today, so she was given a proper tub to grow into and left in flowering. I also took a cutting and popped it into the nursery with the others.

2 girls, 2 boys and 1 to sex still with these seeds.
No pics till next time.

Good luck to the unsex one. :biggrin:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey, good to hear from you. I've been running a perpetual system for years, cuttings and females in stasis, go into a small nursery, under a very low wattage light until I have room for them or they are big enough. Then they go into the garden, which is where this thread is. Young seedlings are fine growing under 12/12 lighting. They are happy with the grown ups, but sit much further down in the grow. They then slowly get moved higher as they develop a strong enough root system to support the greater demands on them that the strong light generates. Once they are big enough, I keep their distance from the light by removing whatever they are sitting on.
This way I can have flowering girls, immature plants and babies all sharing the same light source without any problems. They get different strengths of light while sharing the same light source.
I did consider dimming one side of your led (which is a really useful feature of the TSL model not found on other units), but I like having space between the bigger girls, and I can fit the younger plants into the gaps.
The males are more of a problem, as I can't put them under 24 hours of light in the nursery, and can't leave them in the garden either. So they are currently playing on the swing going back and too. In the day, they go into the nursery and at night, they sit in the bathroom. They will still flower, (but not grow as big) under weak lighting, and still get the dark period that they need. This won't alter their DNA, and that's all I want from them in their pollen, which I can collect, store and use selectively at will.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Couple of pics of the current youngens. I'll do harvest shots of the others, but since I've done pic runs on them before, I don't want a groundhog day thread. So concentrating on showing the G13 crosses

This is the oldest girl, I took her out to check on her, and she's happy, bit smelly, but happy.
picture.php

The boys, cold but sunny day, so the south facing window in the bathroom is giving them more light than the nursery
picture.php

The latest girl on the right, and still not telling me is the one on the left.
picture.php

G

Good work mate all plants look true to type and very healthy. I like your style with the males its something i would do:tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks mate. Any guesses on the flowering times on this strain? I can only go on the last bd I ran, which went for 10 weeks and reefermans nutcruncher (his airbourne g13 x his petrolia headstash ( f13 Afghani)) which went 8. So I'm scheduling 9 weeks at the moment.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You're not kidding. I know I should turn mine down a bit, 300w is overkill really, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Feels like I'm wasting it if its not full power, and I'm still stuck in a HP's mentality really. I need to get to know this light, I'm still learning. Once I know what I'm talking about, I'll edit the first post to include what I've learned. For now though I'm just posting as I go.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hey, good to hear from you. I've been running a perpetual system for years, cuttings and females in stasis, go into a small nursery, under a very low wattage light until I have room for them or they are big enough. Then they go into the garden, which is where this thread is. Young seedlings are fine growing under 12/12 lighting. They are happy with the grown ups, but sit much further down in the grow. They then slowly get moved higher as they develop a strong enough root system to support the greater demands on them that the strong light generates. Once they are big enough, I keep their distance from the light by removing whatever they are sitting on.
This way I can have flowering girls, immature plants and babies all sharing the same light source without any problems. They get different strengths of light while sharing the same light source.
I did consider dimming one side of your led (which is a really useful feature of the TSL model not found on other units), but I like having space between the bigger girls, and I can fit the younger plants into the gaps.
The males are more of a problem, as I can't put them under 24 hours of light in the nursery, and can't leave them in the garden either. So they are currently playing on the swing going back and too. In the day, they go into the nursery and at night, they sit in the bathroom. They will still flower, (but not grow as big) under weak lighting, and still get the dark period that they need. This won't alter their DNA, and that's all I want from them in their pollen, which I can collect, store and use selectively at will.

Very brilliant grow method, buddy. :tiphat:
The males would be touched since you didn't abandon them. :biggrin:

G

Thanks mate. Any guesses on the flowering times on this strain? I can only go on the last bd I ran, which went for 10 weeks and reefermans nutcruncher (his airbourne g13 x his petrolia headstash ( f13 Afghani)) which went 8. So I'm scheduling 9 weeks at the moment.

should only be 8 to 10 weeks mate the bd was no later than 10 and the ghash is only 50 ish days,

Attachments

• DSC00400.jpg
    DSC00400.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 24

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Cool, thanks. Just so I can get the nursery on schedule. I'll take the time to get decent pics closer to harvest, for now they're just for reference.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I really need to start cleaning the lens before I take pics with this phone, rather than after I see them. Anyway, final younger showed sex today, she's a girl.
Here's my version of a 6 plant SOG.
If you number them 1-6 starting top left, plants 1-3 are the BDGHash, 4 Hamlet, 5&6 Gelato 45.
picture.php

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I really need to start cleaning the lens before I take pics with this phone, rather than after I see them. Anyway, final younger showed sex today, she's a girl.
Here's my version of a 6 plant SOG.
If you number them 1-6 starting top left, plants 1-3 are the BDGHash, 4 Hamlet, 5&6 Gelato 45.
View Image

They still look good even though it is a little blurry. :tongue:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I know, I know, I've been trying for half an hour since that update. This is what you get when you let a 7 year old watch YouTube while eating sweets.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Still blurry, not sure how to clean these tiny lenses. I ignored the g45,
Hamlet at the bottom bdghash @ top
picture.php

Bdghash
picture.php

HalfArsedFarmer

If you can get some ISO it does the job. failing that get into a DIY shop and get some meth spirits.

I normally clean my trimming gear with ISO covered rags.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I was wondering if a drop of scotch may do it? I'd rather use what I have to hand really.