What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GMT goes LED. TSL2000 Mars Hydro

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah, I've upgraded the HPS to LED, now I need to upgrade the sun to....... Oh hang on. :biggrin:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Quick update:
Full martian garden
picture.php

Shush left, black n glue right. The black n glue is in a slightly smaller tub due to running out of compost.
picture.php

4 & 5 on top, I gave them all a tiny shot if silicon and pk at the start if flowering, the number 5 girl did not enjoy it and wasted no time in letting me know it. Hence the yellowed leaves you can see from that week. She won't get any more. Some girls hey ;)
In the middle row, bottom in this pic is the shush number 1 girl and the shush male next to her in the rotation spot. One day he gets it, next day the black domina x G13xhashplant gets it, next day my hamlet reveg girl gets it. When they are not there, they hang out in the bathroom sunbathing.
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks Mr brunch

Now, miss mars, or is it Mrs mars now? I need a word with you. I dropped my light to 18 inches above the plants last week.
Just a reminder, this is how it looked then
picture.php

Now look at it

picture.php

I've had to raise the light again. How am I supposed to deal with growth like that? I only have limited head room.
:laughing:

On a serious note, the 2 clones at the back were not bread (that's not the right spelling is it), under this light, the others were. The plants that were, er, born? under this light seem to be doing fine. There may or may not be something to that for those of you tracking led grows and problems associated.

Edit: I do hope my sense of humour translates

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,plants respond to their environment,so they only grow as many chloroplast as needed.when you ramp up the amount of light they are getting they need time to adjust and often its easier for the plant to cannibalize older growth to create new leaves...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
The 2 clones at the back were raised alongside the seed plants all the way in the same environment. The parents of the seed plants had a few problems under the led, which were probably grower error.

I was just wondering if the fact that the seed plants are responding better to the light than the clones, is due to them being created under the light. Saying that though, they are also further into flower than the seed plants are, and I really have to wait until all plants are harvested to be able to pass comment on how they grew.
Just kind of wondering if martians do better on mars than earthlings, even when the same species.

I'm not really reporting anything, I'm just pondering loudly, and inviting other ponderers to ponder alongside me. Albeit in a messy way.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Just rearranged the garden, took everything out, stripped off popcorn sites and tidied up dead leaves. The clones are doing better than I thought, tucked away at the back. I moved them to the front so buds will get better air when I turn the fan on for their 10 mins of fresh air. Turn out it was just those leaves that reacted badly to being fed, the rest are fine. Took pics but haven't processed them yet.
Reason for the update is, my boys club are taking too long to switch to flower, hard to get dark time in the summer outside the garden.
So I hit the girls with some stored pollen from the black ghash, male I had last round. Just give me extra seeds to play with. But it means the shush girls will be back crossed to the male. Hopefully he will reduce the stretch on the next seeds if that pollen is still viable.
Anyway, that event is now date tagged, so I can track seed development.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Full titles for this post:

G.Glue x ndn's G13-Hash Plant. X. Black Domina x G13 -Hash Plant
picture.php

OJD's ECSD X SSSDH. X Black Domina x G13-Hash Plant. No.2
picture.php

OJD's ECSD X SSSDH. X Black Domina x G13-Hash Plant. No.1
picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Black Domina x Ndn Guys. G13-Hash plant. No.4
picture.php

Black Domina x Ndn Guys. G13-Hash plant. No.5
picture.php

That's your lot for now.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
They are well, very well, with this heat I'm not sure how well they'd be under HPS right now.:thank you:

Pic time:
Shush foreground and back left, black n glue back right
picture.php

Bghash 4&5
picture.php

Chosen girl bghash 5
picture.php

Till next time. :tiphat:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks Mr B,

Hi Mrs? Mars. I think number 5 is now around the four week mark now.
picture.php

Half way ish.