What's new

Give out A5Haze s1 and Hybrids

Yo Sammy

Veteran
With testers normaly that would be the case.

But i dont send out stuff freely anymore that cant be crossed, ore i state it clearly when i do.

The A5hz s1.s are just that S1.s there is no breeding involved by me. Its to set it free, give people the chance to select a mom themselfs.

S1's are not like clones, and the A5hz is not most stable for variation ore that all are winners. The s1.s need selection to realy know what you got there.

Can quote this.

" Feel free to outcross it, I just advice you grow and select it first"

Its what they are for, lets have these genes spread threw the comunity, select the winners and share them, share your crosses.

Other thing, people think these seedling leafs are bit wide, when they go in to flower you will see them thin out, when you flower the cut, in veg it has double as wide leafs, when in flower it thins out a lot.

Also these plants will stretch in a serius way, and wont stop till past 4th week 12.12 when proper vegged.

Another thing to keep in mind. Is when i would give the cut to 5 differnt growers and one of the crew, the results growing the same cut can be huge differnces, to realy make it show what it can be the grower is a huge part, grown mediore its swag, it needs fine tuning and precise feeding to fully shine.

I made the s1.s and gave them out as people been asking me to do so for many years. And i was not alloud to before by the collective.

The plan is to do a differnt seed crop every year, and then maybe every 3 years repeat it if needed.

Only thing i ask from people that where given them is to show and help people to understand what they realy are. Your lessons while growing these will make it more easy for them. :tiphat:

Great post K!
Bravo for getting this gem into the community this way. What its all about!
See you soon bro!

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx for the blessing brother karma!
i just have to figure out what i want to soak first.
i feel like a kid on xmas!!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'I have not had a psychedelic experience with this strain' or similar to that.

Ok, but I would think the high is special to be saved for so long. I get tripped out by my Panama Red but gave a joint to a friend and he said no on that. He did like the high and wanted more.

Different people are gonna react different. Think I will try to snag a pack when available.

Zomboy

Veteran
I never had a psychedelic expiernce on it.

I dont know if related to piff. I have the feeling the piff would be more related to NL5haze C line maybe, but thats just speculations.

Ive smoked a good amount of NYC piff and it is straight incense/frankincense almost soapy. There is no lemon/citrus/pine/hay to it which i thought were C5 traits.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moving along here...won't be long before they are big enough to get cuts...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
moving along here...won't be long before they are big enough to get cuts...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT]

Nice.
I kinda figured those pale ones were A5's

Koondense

Veteran
A jungle in the making :) Lovely healthy girls.

Did you maybe notice some relevant differences between A5s1 and other A5 hybrids in growth vigor?

Cheers

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the a5 seems to be a little pickier about nutes...aside from that,the plant structure is about the same...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Haze dom plants are much more sensitive to everything. I like to keep them on the dry side. It can be 2-4 days between feedings depending on temps. They seem to drink slowly.. There wet/dry cycles are important from what Ive seen. When I water to much plants wont pray there leaves have bad clawing and just look pissed not happy.

YukonKronic

Lots of good growers throwing down useful info in here.. pretty sure this is exactly what KG was after by spreading these seeds around so mad props to the mastermind there as well as to everyone pitching in to do the deed and share the knowledge.
:tiphat:
I’m going to be able start mine soon.. hella stoked to see how they like my setup. Tbh some of the things I’m hearing here regarding the need for root space well drained soil w/wet dry cycles and careful feed and environ control make me hopeful.
My soil boxes are geared towards excess root space and have a living (thriving!) organic mulch fed soil with a high CEC and very good drainage. I also have very accurate temp control and am about to install similarly effective humidity control :biggrin:
I’m interested in wether there is a particularly strong need to increase feed through flower or if they behave more like a landrace where you only need maybe one or two light feeds to finish them happy and heavy. I suppose probably more the former than the latter.
Haha I’ll buy all the Guano Frass or kelp etc I need for these babies.. no cheaping out with local rock dusts and bone meal!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The more haze influences that appear the more difficult its been keeping them happy. Feeding them the same as my other hybrids doesn't work well. The phenos that have more A5H in them seem to not want to get darker green leaves no matter what I give them. They start to get pissy and look like this(a5hbx1xFP).. I think they don't require much feed and they stay light green so don't try to fix it. Im backing off my feed to 1ec and not feeding until my medium has dried good. My PH has been very stable at 6.5. This also might have impact. I dont know what PH they prefer. It could be 6.0 since they don't want much N.

picture.php

Last edited:

YukonKronic

I’ll test my soil ph prior to TP. I expect it to be in the 6.5-7ish range but truthfully should have tested awhile ago.. I use water ph of 6.7 and there’s a lot of CaC03 and other rock dust in there.
Now I’m curious. Seems bizarre I haven’t tested that..

LMOG

Oh man do I wanna puff that stuff.... I thought I liked haze cuz I’ll wait 13wks for a ssh and that was cool but y’all are upper echelon Sativa Snobs. Hats off. And if anyone ever wants to share a couple seeds or nugs or cuts holler atchabwoy! (And me too please and thanks)

Be well everyone. Jah Bless

JohnnyChicago

L
I’m interested in wether there is a particularly strong need to increase feed through flower or if they behave more like a landrace where you only need maybe one or two light feeds to finish them happy and heavy. I suppose probably more the former than the latter.

No they won't behave like landraces, but like (a S1 of) a straight 50% Haze cross.
I have only two A5s1's and for me both are growing and looking like expected so far.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php