What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
Making some good progress on the new rooms about to flip 3 4x4 trays... Most likely on Monday... Still have a lot to go on the rooms before they are all done...

LostTribe

Premium user
Aspen, I am trying out some canna coco. I'm a coco newbtron. So do I need to water for run off every watering or once daily?

Does this have to do with salt leaching? If I am using PBP and Calmag do I still need to allow for runoff? I don't think they are salt based, but might be wrong.

Good luck on the next run! I can't wait to see your C Banana and Cherry Pie!

Best
LT

Aspenou812

Veteran
Aspen, I am trying out some canna coco. I'm a coco newbtron. So do I need to water for run off every watering or once daily?

Does this have to do with salt leaching? If I am using PBP and Calmag do I still need to allow for runoff? I don't think they are salt based, but might be wrong.

Good luck on the next run! I can't wait to see your C Banana and Cherry Pie!

Best
LT

Rule one use wet and dry cycles to build roots in veg once plants are established about 5% runoff at every watering should keep you clear of most buildup also once established never let the coco dry to the point that its viable... Its easy if I can swing it... Also let your ph swing 5.7 to 6.3 to cover all the bases... Before you start precondition the coco with a 50/50 Calsium to feed ratio for the first feeding I normally prep the coco a day before...

LostTribe

Premium user
Rule one use wet and dry cycles to build roots in veg once plants are established about 5% runoff at every watering should keep you clear of most buildup also once established never let the coco dry to the point that its viable... Its easy if I can swing it... Also let your ph swing 5.7 to 6.3 to cover all the bases... Before you start precondition the coco with a 50/50 Calsium to feed ratio for the first feeding I normally prep the coco a day before...

Sweet sounds like I am on track. I like it so far. Doesn't use nearly as much water as I had anticipated at least in veg but its been cold and under small wattage.

Thanks!
LT

Aspenou812

Veteran
Sweet sounds like I am on track. I like it so far. Doesn't use nearly as much water as I had anticipated at least in veg but its been cold and under small wattage.

Thanks!
LT
And the same plants in the same setup will yeald more than any promix I've seen

Old Toker

I'm sure you mentioned it somewhere earlier in this great thread.....but.....what do you use for the cords in your scrog net?
The SCROGS are no trouble... I could pull a single plant at anytime if needed... No one else makes a more Versital Scrog... Its not netting its 550 chord and its under tension...
Found it. Thanks.

Last edited:

brickweeder

Great work Asp! Just finished getting through this long ass thread...there are some rough and polished gems buried in here. Looking forward to what's next now that I am caught up.

gr866

Veteran

I agree on your rule #1, Great White and Rapid Roots with each watering to establish a good root system.
pH swing is a good thing.
I use Canna Coco and I still prep it prior to using it.

CaliMagic and Epsom is a good way to go, 0.5 to 1 gram of Epsom and 1 to 2 ml CaliMagic per gallon.

Less is More!!!!

scrogrow

Erm I haven't spoke to aspen for quite some time

Also she hasn't been active on Instagram for a while

Has any one spoke to her?

Hope it's nothing but a little worried

Any update would be welcome

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She's doing fine. After her mother passed she decided to take a brake from the interwebs for a while. She'll be back

Latest posts

Latest posts