What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

LostTribe

Premium user
I find the only way to truly do hydro to its full potential is with vertical hps and large trees....yawn....

If you know what you are doing Veg time equal to a dirt grow ought to give you double yield minimum for comparison.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I'm not sure she's trying to do a full on hydro setup, what she is doing is growing in coco which is a form of hydro. To each their own, don't we all bear the same fruit? I like Aspen and many others chiming in on this thread enjoy growing in coco with multiple feeds per day.

If you're not going to contribute anything beneficial to the thread please post your opinions elsewhere.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I find the only way to truly do hydro to its full potential is with vertical hps and large trees....yawn....

LT i dont know, before the onset of new technology i was closely watching vertical bulb grows in particular the Under Current grows, here and elsewhere and those grows were true HYDRO... great yields and great quality. I know what you mean..... It cannot however be denied that HYDRO is growing in an inert form of media (water or other carbon based media). with new lighting on the market now like LEP, LEC, DE HPS, DE MH and LED all of which is horizontal or hooded vertical bulbed, and all of them are more efficient than any single ended bulb. there is also the fact that in my shop there are a lot of high frequency electronics, the EM disturbance thrown off by the cord between bulb and ballast just play all kinds of hell on all my toys out there.... So as much as i wanted to try those methods and systems they were never an option for me.Besides I've seen massive single plant Scrog grows...... to each there own my friend...

If you know what you are doing Veg time equal to a dirt grow ought to give you double yield minimum for comparison.

Im not sure i understand LT.... I dont know what the typical veg time is on a dirt grow, sorry just never done it, i think it is almost Double the HYDRO time right....... Ceiling Space is limited.. That is something i may do a single plant COCO scrog with an 8 week vege time horizontal DE and supplemental LEC.... thanks for your Post.. I value your opinions and BTW that C99 was an fantastic grow I might have to try her out..... Great work and Pretty Plants fo sho....:tiphat:

I'm not sure she's trying to do a full on hydro setup, what she is doing is growing in coco which is a form of hydro. To each their own, don't we all bear the same fruit? I like Aspen and many others chiming in on this thread enjoy growing in coco with multiple feeds per day.

If you're not going to contribute anything beneficial to the thread please post your opinions elsewhere.

I think It is a full on hydro set up, albeit a more traditional method maybe. To me this is a very advanced setup and it working just like I had hoped it would. Im doing updates all day today..... YAY garden time.... Im loving the multi feeds..... really..... so are the Ladies!:huggg::)

Aspenou812

Veteran
:plant grow:
So it's day 6 of flower this Scrog is the topic of the day and I'll be updating as things move along with training them to the Scrog..... The System is working like clock work..... I get about a gallon of runoff a day, Im holding at 1.2 EC PH has been swinging slowly up from 5.6 PH to 6.2 PH and i adjust id back down. the light has a simple intermatic timer, it's basic and bulletproof. the titan recycle timers have light sensors built into them, and both are in the room the Titan that powers the Irrigation system is lights on only and fires every two hours the other Titan is used on the exhaust fan it operates 24 hours and fires off every 30 minutes for 3 minutes, the drainage condensate pump is so effective at removing all the water from the tray quickly!!! so enough of all that!!!

YAWN!!!! :laughing:

Let's get down with the first update of the day........ So i can go ahead and and get the SCROG show on.... Have an awesome day!!!!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Tomato vine clips, I'll use the small one for this. the rings cant be beat for LST training put the ring on a piece of fishing line tie the other end to a large vine clip and LST to your hearts content..... so here we go...
for the task at hand Ill be using the small vine clips to clip the tops down to the scrog..... wish me luck:)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looking mighty fine in here. Those brown plant clips are the shit! Same exact one's I use. They last forever and can be reused. I soak mine in 91% iso in between uses. And to think you were worried that your screen wasn't gonna fill in, lol.

I suffer from the same mind-set. Flip a batch and say, "shit prolly should have put a couple more plants in. Then half-way thru flower, wish I would have put less plants in.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Is that a steam roller? Jeez and to think i was bustin coba's balls about the gravity bong.....

Yes it is a steam roller.... Glass on glass and 12 inches long and 1/5 inches in around.... So i have Glass that has perks and all the bells and whistles!! I have to break them out for guest that cant take a real thick milky tasty smoky hit! I dont like perks! they do nothing but take away from the hit..... you take one hit and burn that bowl all the way down in one hit and... I guarantee you're going to know you're HIGH as FUCK:whee::whee::whee::whee: It gets the Job Done quick!!! why smoke at all if you just have to filter out 1/2 the smoke through half a dozen perks leaving behind many of the taste and smells........... I swear most people just need to unplug from all that complicated Glass Shit break out an old school straight glass on glass hit and enjoy a full in the face blast of wonderful full powered BUD... and yall wonder why i forgot my Bong was outside...... we get high as fuck around here... and dont need fancy perked pieces to do it..... I have a friend that bought a 1500$ custom glass bong with 5 dome, shower head, some other perk all in one, it takes about 5 hits to get to feeling high with the same weed you're just as high feeling with 2 or 3 hits out of my Bong, and 2 out of old Glory up there (MY Steam Roller)...... I just dont have time for shelf queens! and if the bud is really really good that steamroller will absolutely turn you inside out..... Not everyone is WOMAN enough to handle that.....

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
LMFAO I just read what i just posted...... sorry it's true.... I like ICY cold hits..... Cold full powered hits are my favorite hands down

Grizz

Veteran
Looking mighty fine in here. Those brown plant clips are the shit! Same exact one's I use. They last forever and can be reused. I soak mine in 91% iso in between uses. And to think you were worried that your screen wasn't gonna fill in, lol.

I suffer from the same mind-set. Flip a batch and say, "shit prolly should have put a couple more plants in. Then half-way thru flower, wish I would have put less plants in.
so true, and stretch hasent really kicked in yet, I am always amazed at how many lateral branches pop up through the screen , gg4 is made for scrogg

Aspenou812

Veteran
so true, and stretch hasent really kicked in yet, I am always amazed at how many lateral branches pop up through the screen , gg4 is made for scrogg

thankfully i listen for the most part when friends here advise me.... i was told to be patient and wait... hold off dont boost anything yet let them grow...... anyway that's what Dan told me and here we are..... because i listened... DTOG & Joesy & Dan yall want a rip out of my steamroller when they finish off.....

Aspenou812

Veteran
ok a trimming the bottoms question...... with the plants i grew out before they only stretched for two weeks, So on day 7 of flower i would trim up everything below the scrog, now GG$ has a 21 day stretch so when should i remove all the bottom growth? day what is best for the GG4. on two week stretchers day 7 i feel like that is the best balance for removing the bottom growth.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i wait till the stretch is over then strip all the lowers . tony was saying when he did his early , he thought he stalled them from growing & his yield suffered from it ....... :dunno:

mine are at day 21 yesterday , so tinight i'll get in there & start stripping . i'll break it up into 3 days so i don't stress them all to much at once .this way too , i can see how far down below the net that the light penetrates & i can leave some undergrowth on that will still be getting light .

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Aspenou812, if you get a chance to look around for it check out the Greeneye grow light. I've had 2 versions so far: 1 like a a Bluetooth that went on your ear and 2 is a headlamp type version. It uses green leds and its designed to be used on your plant at night or dark periods to view them without disturbing the dark period. I've had mine for 6 years or more and have even gotten to the point where I can tell if something is wrong with my plant and the only colors I see are green and black lol. Its like the green will be off a little bit here or there and sure enough i'll be looking at a deficiency. Like watching a black and white tv you could tell there were different colors on the screen you just don't know what they were lol.

Looking good so far. Its gonna be a jungle in there ;). Also glad you found your bong and had time to catch up :). I love being outdoors and fish and walk around the woods most of the year. Smoking at a big fire on the edge of so many woods sound awesome! Enjoy and take care 1

Aspenou812

Veteran
i wait till the stretch is over then strip all the lowers . tony was saying when he did his early , he thought he stalled them from growing & his yield suffered from it ....... :dunno:

mine are at day 21 yesterday , so tinight i'll get in there & start stripping . i'll break it up into 3 days so i don't stress them all to much at once .this way too , i can see how far down below the net that the light penetrates & i can leave some undergrowth on that will still be getting light .

OK got it..... two weeks to wait.....

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hey Aspenou812, if you get a chance to look around for it check out the Greeneye grow light. I've had 2 versions so far: 1 like a a Bluetooth that went on your ear and 2 is a headlamp type version. It uses green leds and its designed to be used on your plant at night or dark periods to view them without disturbing the dark period. I've had mine for 6 years or more and have even gotten to the point where I can tell if something is wrong with my plant and the only colors I see are green and black lol. Its like the green will be off a little bit here or there and sure enough i'll be looking at a deficiency. Like watching a black and white tv you could tell there were different colors on the screen you just don't know what they were lol.

Looking good so far. Its gonna be a jungle in there ;). Also glad you found your bong and had time to catch up :). I love being outdoors and fish and walk around the woods most of the year. Smoking at a big fire on the edge of so many woods sound awesome! Enjoy and take care 1

Im looking forward to the green lights..... Yea its nice, i had some white pea gravel poured in a circle about 35' acros 3 inches deep built the fire ring out of those blocks they sell at Home Depot it's in the middle and the gravel was spread around it, some nice patio furniture 5 chairs and 5 loungers and it's surrounded with stainless steel tiki torches about every 4 feet to keep the bugs at bay.....way out there by my property line about 6 of us were out there last night.. every body keeps me in wood for the fire.. Good Times some BUDS and BEERS and a whole lot of peace and quiet. and my phone and wify work great out there two.....