What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
ok everything is done for today..... got them all tied down to the scrog... super cropped if you will, that eliminated about 6 inches of stretch so far.... not to mention the super crop i did in the Vege stage... that took care of about 7 inches and allowed them to bush out really good!! In a day or so there going to turn up towards the light...

so not two shabby for a rookie grower stoner chick....

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
ok everything is done for today..... got them all tied down to the scrog... super cropped if you will, that eliminated about 6 inches of stretch so far.... not to mention the super crop i did in the Vege stage... that took care of about 7 inches and allowed them to bush out really good!! In a day or so there going to turn up towards the light...
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1701183&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1701184&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

looks like its filling the net in good.

LostTribe

Premium user
Im not sure i understand LT.... I dont know what the typical veg time is on a dirt grow, sorry just never done it, i think it is almost Double the HYDRO time right....... Ceiling Space is limited.. That is something i may do a single plant COCO scrog with an 8 week vege time horizontal DE and supplemental LEC.... thanks for your Post.. I value your opinions and BTW that C99 was an fantastic grow I might have to try her out..... Great work and Pretty Plants fo sho....:tiphat:

I think It is a full on hydro set up, albeit a more traditional method maybe. To me this is a very advanced setup and it working just like I had hoped it would. Im doing updates all day today..... YAY garden time.... Im loving the multi feeds..... really..... so are the Ladies!:huggg::)

Didnt know you had space issues, just trying to assist. Beginning at the bases do begin to slowly remove the lower vegetation that isn't getting light under the scrog it will help you get more bud on top and will help with airflow and keep pests and disease at bay less humidity under the canopy. Do you have a fan on the canopy? You should.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Didnt know you had space issues, just trying to assist. Beginning at the bases do begin to slowly remove the lower vegetation that isn't getting light under the scrog it will help you get more bud on top and will help with airflow and keep pests and disease at bay less humidity under the canopy. Do you have a fan on the canopy? You should.

Yes I have a fan on the canopy, always on blowing between the light and tops. I have 9 foot ceilings.... And 3 foot of that is eat up by my Gavita 1000 DE and maybe 5 inches under my tray so it should be close by the time strech is over.

Last edited:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Yes I have a fan on the canopy, always on blowing between the light and tops.

That reminds me, I gotta hook up one of my little black fans like that. Not that it matter so much now, as I use the heat from the lights to heta the room. But warm weather is just around the corner.

Then as long as we're talking about fans. I learned a long time ago, not to have a fan blowing directly on the plants. When I first started growing, my old man taught me to have a fan blowing on the plants. Which is wrong. Makes them transpire water to fast, and causes the canoeing, dead-dry leaf syndrome. Take that fan and point it into a corner. Might take more than one fan depending on the size of the room. But definitely still provides the air circulation your looking for. I need to move the one I have, as one of my Chem D s1's is suffering from the fan blowing on it.

Aspenou812

Veteran
That reminds me, I gotta hook up one of my little black fans like that. Not that it matter so much now, as I use the heat from the lights to heta the room. But warm weather is just around the corner.

Then as long as we're talking about fans. I learned a long time ago, not to have a fan blowing directly on the plants. When I first started growing, my old man taught me to have a fan blowing on the plants. Which is wrong. Makes them transpire water to fast, and causes the canoeing, dead-dry leaf syndrome. Take that fan and point it into a corner. Might take more than one fan depending on the size of the room. But definitely still provides the air circulation your looking for. I need to move the one I have, as one of my Chem D s1's is suffering from the fan blowing on it.

Very true DTOG I have a 12 inch fan blowing over the tops, but not directly on them.... I like for the leaves to dance a little, without physically moving the tops around, keeps the stale air arount the leaves in circulation,

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1701183&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1701184&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Very impressive :tiphat:you will make it through this grow with a breeze hard part is over:tiphat:

Grizz

Veteran

in the second pic I see a big branch that could be ducked under and stretched out to fill in some holes in the bottom right corner :):) lol

Aspenou812

Veteran
Very impressive :tiphat:you will make it through this grow with a breeze hard part is over:tiphat:

think so Windy.... Im not sure i can do much more but maintain my res and install the second level of the Scrog. looks like its waiting time for me.....

in the second pic I see a big branch that could be ducked under and stretched out to fill in some holes in the bottom right corner :):) lol

Joesy I think it would be easier to count the empty holes at this point.... there aren't many.... I think it's going to be a successful Grow,
I still have some bottoms i need to train into the scrog in a few days.... Now it's just the waiting game looks like... maybe they will grow enough and fill in just right to pull off two pounds..... ummm without growing into the light.......

LostTribe

Premium user

When I run vertical HPS I put a hurricane fan aiming straight up at the bulb from right underneath. I occasionally add an oscillating fan but try to keep it from nailing the plants directly.

Aspenou812

Veteran
If yall notice the growth on the front side of my scrog is kinda light compared to the back side. there was no reflective material or panda plastic hung on this side, so to help correct that i have hung a sheet of panda plastic like a curtain and turned the light around for a couple of days, maybe it will help the front side of the scrog thicken up some...... maybe i'm to late it's the beginning of week two and i have hairs shooting everywhere... so i guess there are some flowers in my future.... YAY.......

Aspenou812

Veteran
I took these were taken 2 days ago... the canopy changes so fast... it's already fuller.

i'm thinking this was my last epsom foliar spray right before lights out, cant be spraying anything on them now.....

Time to just let the stretch happen so they can fill in....... I'll have some fresh pictures tonight

Aspenou812

Veteran
this mornings update

this mornings update

behind the curtain with my light flipped around and the little curtain.... a little late for the curtain.

I think there about to get wild as hell lol

being lazy this morning so i did the update early enjoy......:biggrin:

Foreman000

Sup Aspen, how are you? Took me a couple days to catch up & read this whole thread. Love all the support you're getting around here. It's why I love the mag so much. I'm subbed. Pass that steam cooler, yes I'll take a beer. No I don't care how early it is. Somebody say something about food? Nice place you got here. Thanks for the hospitality.

I'm also about to flip some GG#4. These are about 3' tall, I run four at a time in flower. Coco, vertical & clipped back to a trellis.

The glue is awesome. I'd also be happy with a 2 lb. run. A stellar 2 elbow run with no larf or popcorn. All golf balls. Anyway thanks for putting on a great show over here. I'll be paying attention. :biggrin:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Sup Aspen, how are you? Took me a couple days to catch up & read this whole thread. Love all the support you're getting around here. It's why I love the mag so much. I'm subbed. Pass that steam cooler, yes I'll take a beer. No I don't care how early it is. Somebody say something about food? Nice place you got here. Thanks for the hospitality.

I'm also about to flip some GG#4. These are about 3' tall, I run four at a time in flower. Coco, vertical & clipped back to a trellis.[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=58694&pictureid=1702209&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The glue is awesome. I'd also be happy with a 2 lb. run. A stellar 2 elbow run with no larf or popcorn. All golf balls. Anyway thanks for putting on a great show over here. I'll be paying attention. :biggrin:

Thanks for the checking out my thread... it keeps me busy.... post anything you like here feel free.........:tiphat: thats a nice vert set up LT will like it..... watch that glue stretch out like a mofo.... hope you have some tall ceilings...Yea the MAG is the shit...Everyone here pulling for me makes this a super fun project..hehehe.....

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Day 3 of week two flower....... they're just getting wild as hell.... and i'm going to let them go i think..... what do you guys think??? Lay them back over and clip them or let them go?

maxmurder

Veteran
Day 3 of week two flower....... they're just getting wild as hell.... and i'm going to let them go i think..... what do you guys think??? Lay them back over and clip them or let them go?
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1702717&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1702718&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

I would cut off most of the lowers under your net.
your light won't penetrate the canopy under there, you can eliminate larf and send energy to tops. my 2 cents.

Foreman000