What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

onavelzy

Veteran
I received a package.... The box was filled with spray foam that had about a week to cure out... In the spray foam was bags with shippers in them... In those bags loose charcole pellets were spread about... Stabbing pulling slicing kicking it all to get the shippersout of that Damn foam... Its tough stuff... I broke 4 nails and two knives digging through the shit... Everything was fine till I hit the pellets with the knife... They just went to dust... I pulled the knife out and was like what the fuck is that black powder.... Lol 45 minutes later I was looking like a Cole miner staring at the four pods free from the foam... Exhausted and I had a hell of a mess to clean up... Little Dove just stared at me... Said momy you need a bath.... And giggled I had that shit everywhere....

Thanks A. It was just hard to envision how you could get covered with the little I had to go on.

Anyway, here's my roots saga: Only one cube has rooted visibly so far. My worst results to date. I'm faulting the room temps. I up cupped them all anyway. They are the six cups on the right.

picture.php

half of them are still all hunchbacked from their near collapse after having to deal with the temps their first night in the dome. The odds are not going my way.

Here's what I am using to create my payoff stack: day 9, I think. maybe 10. I didn't make any kind of entry so I'm having to semi guesstimate which day it was.

picture.php

Six 2.0's, 3 FS and 3 ATW, (left to right)

Not a whole lot of flower formation yet. Some vague hints from the TW's:

picture.php

Definitely not in VP's universe of growing

Aspenou812

Veteran
Its a cold 48 degrees wet and raining... FML I want some sunshine.... And the roar of a boat motor in my life today... Llttle Dove is going to be home soon... And we do t do borde to death very well.... So this summer a guy gave me a bunch of tokens for the arcade at the beach.... So some games and maybe a movie... If we get there early enough... Fuckingcold shitty day's suck

Aspenou812

Veteran
FML so my order at HD is messed up... The box didn't have the wire in it... I got called tonight and told to come get it it was shipped separate... I needed to get that done....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The wire will have 4 conductors .... one with a red stripe , one just plain black , one with a white stripe & one bare conductor .

In the panel ..... the red & black will go on the breaker . theres 3 spots on the breaker because you have 3 phase breakers .... you only need 2 of the 3 . the white striped wire will go on the neutral bar with any other white wires that might be in there . now because you have subpanels ..... the ground will have its own bar to hook the ground into ..... its basically the same as the neutral bar . it will have all the grounds in it .

in the control box ..... theres 4 terminals in the back ..... L1 L2 N G ..... L1 gets the black , L2 gets the red , N gets the white & G gets the ground .

its as easy as that ! any questions just text or call me :tiphat:

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres a pretty good pic of what i'm talking about with seperate ground & neutral bars .....

see the bar on the right side with all the white wires going to it ? thats the neutral bar .
the ground bar is on the left with all the bare grounds going to it .....
thats the way your panel should be set up .

picture.php

kind of hard to tell in your pics of your panel , but it looks like only one bar on the right side with all the white wires & grounds going to the same bar .... is that correct ? if so just put both white & bare ground in the same bar .....

picture.php

Last edited:

waltersobchak

That panelboard is likely not rated for all those double throw breakers, please be careful. Heat is the enemy, once it starts to run away, that's when the fire will start. Heat adds resistance and resistance creates more heat, no bueno.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
lol I use 18g in my led builds.

To clarify where the 14 gauge wire is I took a couple pictures. The wire I did in 14 gauge is the black wire in this picture.

The reason it is 14 gauge is so that 5 lights can be daisy chained together. I installed two C14 receptacles on the box. One to bring power in and the other to jump to another light if you want to. The light runs on 100 volts up to 277 volts by just changing the cord out. Here is a picture of the receptacles.

This light is going to Packerfan. He has crazy electric cost and this light has a payback time frame of about 8 months over his T5 fixture at 18 hours a day. Dont what your lights payback time frame is. With my electric of 15.5 cents a hour I think it is about 1.3 years for me to recoup my cost.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That panelboard is likely not rated for all those double throw breakers, please be careful. Heat is the enemy, once it starts to run away, that's when the fire will start. Heat adds resistance and resistance creates more heat, no bueno.

while we appreciate your concern ..... its not really needed . that panel is a 200 amp 3 phase subpanel from a 400amp service ..... & 90% the load is no longer used , its a now defunct machine shop . :tiphat: