What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even a regular sealer works great keeping bud fresh for a long time.. Thats what I use....just get the bags that are not air permeable. They are the gray silver bags...

Last edited:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
eccm

eccm

ya mang me to my cookie jars are very low i got 1z of each vac sealed and stashed far away for emergencys or invasions lol but should have a new batch real soon.... last 2 days i act dug into the stash and smoked a few flavs i havent tried in a while which was nice... 9th cure lvpk was terrific as well as some 6monthsourpoon pow thinkn ima grab the sfv jar next shit been sittin for ages .... maybe some chemcandy or xxxog idk fukin choices when cookie jars are full i never have this problem lol...

Attachments

• IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1653.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 18

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I've noticed the same thing. Used to think a long cure was ideal/necessary but it ain't. Best buds are dried, cured and smoked within 1-4 months of chop, IME.

I think the best option for long term is vac sealed in the freezer. Bud doesn't last that long with me to bother with that. A buddy gave me a couple TightVac containers that work a lot better than mason jars. Check em out.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Canning jar or silicon airtight seal, clip-lid HDPE plastic container.. Glass if thats your preference.. And once cured up and at homogenous dry, low moisture, seal up airtight and stick it in the chest freezer.. It will be as good as the day you put it in when it comes out. Or even better, vac seal and then freeze. Just be careful with disturbing it when the section is frozen so as not to break off trichomes, and let come back to room temperature at its own leisure when U take it out for smoking.

Didn't notice post above, yup thats it, vac seal and freeze.. You get those hand pump vacuum containers like tupperware or something that work well, or put in big zip lock, close but for the corner and suck all the air out, takes like 2 breaths or so...Then put this in big airtight jar or the likes so nothing gets squashed in interim and freeze.

it is pretty easy to rig up a decent N2 injection system. all you need is a tank of N2, a regulator, a vacuum sealer, and preferably those silver bags that have zip lock seal on them. seal the bag almost entirely (leave just enough space to allow for gas injection), then fill with N2, squeeze all the air out, and repeat a few times. after the final injection seal the zip lock and then immediately vacuum seal. is it perfect? no. is it effective? hell yes. there will likely be less than 5% air left in the bag after vacuum sealing, so at the end of the day you have reduced [O2] to less than 1%.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I'm sure you or one(but haven't ever checked so could be wrong) could get a n2 capable sealer from china for less than the value of what you are sealing in one load? Just my 2 cents, if you are going to the effort for something more valuable (to you, and me) than silver or gold, to hedge the value AND going to the effort to get tank, regulator etc.. why not just got the whole hog and fork out for a shiny new useful toy? Beware of the false economy..? Also if I had a bag of the stuff in the pics that these guys have posted I'd get bleaker and bleaker with every squeeze of my bag of precious..

i see what you mean, but for an order of magnitude difference i could have two homemade rigs that will essentially work as well as the device explicitly designed for this process. also, i only buy expensive chinese toys if the company has excellent consumer feedback.

never heard of them. would definitely like to hear feedback re: how legit their cuts are. how about feedback for the urban farm center in oakland?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Gotta read the fine print....
***(2/09/12) We are currently in the process of setting up our business. Thank you for your patience, we refuse to release a product of inferior quality, but rest assured we are working diligently and will be providing Sacramento with top-notch clones shortly. If you are interested in finding out when we have clones available please leave your contact information through email or on our voicemail.***

sounds like they are a setup trying to get YOUR information to me... Be careful.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
If any of yall think your gonna breed with the girl scout you got another thing comin... Shit my daughters a girlscout, Ill KILL a mothafucka! haha, jk!

Mystery Cookies

Mystery Cookies

I got 11 seeds out of an oz. of GSC and here's the byproduct. We'll just call them mystery cookies for now

One seedling didn't make the photoshoot. Oh well.

Here are my two favorites. One because it appears to be a close representation of GSC, and the other because its a funny looking mutant. LOL

Did the GSC (or something else in room) herm out or was it pollinated by a male? Either way, do you know the source of the pollen?

Actually the oz. was purchased from another grower. That's why I'm calling them mystery cookies. I tend to believe it selfed because the other two bigger plants look really similar to my cherry pie cut, which I know is real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts