What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

big twinn

Veteran
Misc. I am dealing with RA right now as we speak as well. Everything in my garden has been going smooth as butter. Now these F*ckers are a nightmare. So far, I have drenched them twice with Azamax, and with sp-90. Then last night I submerged the entire root zone for 15 minutes with SNS 203 and top dressed with Diatomaceous Earth. Nothing thus far has gotten rid of them. I have Bayer Advanced tree and shrub (protect and feed) that supposedly lasts 12 months. I am going to return it for the regular Bayer Tree and shrub. I originally got this becasue it had a higher Imid concentration compared to the non-advanced. Is it worth ordering Merit 75 on ebay or just go with Bayer? I want to be done with this shit already. Its like finding out your girl has chronic crabs. I'll probably try Spectacle Triazicide as well if its a contact killer.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Root aphids are the absolute worst for so many reasons. They spread quick. They breed even quicker. Oh, and did I mention they almost never die unless harsh systemic products are used. Not to mention they are hard to identify unless you have a knowledgeable eye to know what to look for. By the time you have fliers you actually have a full infestation going on in your root system. If you find them in flower it's basically a wrap. Expect maybe 1/4-1/2 the yeild you could get without them and them...man I hate RAs.

Here's some pics I took a while back with a crappy phone pressed to a 30x loop. The dry area was about the size of half a pea, so although you can see them, with the naked eye it's mcuh harder. Also you can see 2 stages in these pictures. Some are larger rounded bodies and some which could barely be seen with the naked eye, that are microscopic slighly elongated white bodies; almost looking like a spec of dust with antenna. I think when reading up on them here people where refering to them as "micros". Makes sense and you can barely see them unless you have pretty good vision and I think some if not most of us working with bright lights for get to look for the smallest things that makes the biggest difference at time.

DSC09880.jpg

DSC098782.jpg

miscbrah3284

Veteran
damn they dont look like this.....this is my issue with growing, i am HORRIBLE with pests. Ill probably just buy 1 of everything and fuck their shit up.....lol @ these bugs thinking im gunna let them take over my cookies...I have a fairly small veg area, 4x2x5....could lady bugs be any help just to throw a couple hundred in there? gunna have a lot of hacked up ladybug bodies lol

Adrift

Veteran
ya i hate ra with a passion.... first time i got clones from a dispense i was lucky enough to be blessed with aphids.. hahaha! o what fun that was......

now nothing comes in my room without going threw my disinfection method.... :joint:

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
damn they dont look like this.....this is my issue with growing, i am HORRIBLE with pests. Ill probably just buy 1 of everything and fuck their shit up.....lol @ these bugs thinking im gunna let them take over my cookies...I have a fairly small veg area, 4x2x5....could lady bugs be any help just to throw a couple hundred in there? gunna have a lot of hacked up ladybug bodies lol

From your original description, it sounds like you got Thrips. If they are white and move really fast that is most likely what you got. Check the undersides of the fans for eggs, they are very small so you will need to look very close or use a scope. I can post some pics of the thrips damage if you'd like me too.

true grit

Veteran
How fast they moving/any noticable damage? I got some small white crawlers on rooters a while back. Like to the point you could see em all on the rooters. Freaked me out, turned out they were some beneficial soil mite. none of the shit even worked on em.

As for ra's...def look like pix of the red/clear things crawling the root zone. just scoop the bayer tree and shrub if you are in veg. they lowered the imidacloprid from 1.5% to .75% but for me using the higher rate, 1-2 applications at 5ml/g has worked for me several times. if you have clones, go ahead and use that at 5ml/g with clone mix too.

Jbonez

Veteran
lol, first Id heard of cookies was on Silk Road and I knew cali was up to something with some new fire... I had been on a icmag hiatus and soon as I got back I had to grab a cut of the cookies, not many dudes on the east coast even know what it is yet.. Ima flower out this cut in the next few days, pretty excited..

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Got some sherbert was also called rainbow not a huge fan def ain't no cookies or og others love it though... Can post pics but unsure .... If I take apic with my. iPad does it give out location..., I'd love to share some pics but since my camera is no longer hesitant cuz I know cell phones no bueno what bout I pad...

L

LumpStatus

Funny how folks are on the sherb all of the sudden cause its been around for a while but it's a tightly held clone. There's a strain report on it right here on icmag. It is a cross of trinity (also tightly held) and some old school purple indicas. I've been lucky enough to be gifted some clones of her recently and I'll post pics as they move along (she just rooted)... Big thanks to those who made it happen!

picture.php

picture.php

Strain report here

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn! I guess the whole worlds gonna start hearing more and more about the cookies.

.is anybody going to the cup that's on the 15th? Im pretty sure I'll be there should be a gay ol' time.

I thought the whole world, already, did know about the cookies? :D

I was thinking of trying to make it... not sure exactly where it's at... will have to try and find out the exact location... I don't go to many cups or festivals... should be fun if I can make it...

you're problem is at least partially related to your IPM method. Azamax and sp-90 are you joking? trust me bro... been there, tried that. No results should speak volumes to the effectiveness of those product's. Azamax is in fact an extact of neem, DILUTING the neem plant's many insecticidal properties to only one of several dozen useful compounds for soil applications. here's your recipe to insect annihilation in soil. per 5 gallon bucket- 1/2 cup neem meal (organic), 1/2 cup karanja meal, 1/2 cup macerated lavender flowers, and 1/2 cup sage flower or leaves. Can substitute sage for other mint's of which linalool is the most popular insecticidal compound. Or drop $75 on a quart of peppermint oil your call. Bubble this mixture for 24 hours and soil drench when the pots are dry.

L

LumpStatus

Sorry...wasn't trying throw everyone off topic but people been talking about the sherb and root aphids etc... gotta have misc conversation in between all the cookie drama lol. This thread has become so much more than just gsc, but kind of a what's hot in the bay and elsewhere sort of...

Anyways,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts