What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LumpStatus

Federal agents on Monday morning raided several properties owned by Richard Lee, the leader of the marijuana legalization movement in California, sources told The Bay Citizen. Agents also detained Lee at his home.

Internal Revenue Service and Drug Enforcement Administration agents raided Oaksterdam University, which describes itself as "America's first cannabis college." It was also the center of the 2010 campaign to legalize marijuana in California.

Agents also raided Lee's home and the former site of Lee's medical marijuana dispensary Coffeeshop Blue Sky, which has been operating as an underground pot club.

Separately, federal agents raided the Oakland Hills home of Todd McCormick, a longtime medical marijuana activist, DEA spokeswoman Joycelyn Barnes confirmed. McCormick was arrested for growing pot soon after the state legalized medical marijuana in 1996 and currently grows put for patients, sources said.

Agents entered Lee's home with guns early Monday morning, said Dale Sky Jones, chancellor of Oaksterdam. Lee, who uses a wheelchair, was detained for a few hours Monday morning at his home and then released, sources said. Four marijuana nursery workers were detained at Oaksterdam. Barnes confirmed that five people were detained, but said that no arrests were made.

The raids come as Lee's battle with U.S. Attorney Melinda Haag escalated. Last fall, Haag ordered Lee's dispensary, Coffeeshop Blue Sky to move because it was too close to a school, as the Bay Citizen first reported. But instead of closing the dispensary, as many other pot club owners have done, Lee moved it first two doors down and then later into the building where the Oaksterdam museum is located.

Barnes declined to offer further comment, saying the warrants were under seal.

Protesters gathered outside Oaksterdam as the operation continued into the late morning. They chanted "Free Richard Lee" and screamed in the faces of the agents. One even called the Oakland Police Department to report that a robbery was in progress at the university.

Jason Overman, an aide to Oakland City Councilwoman Rebecca Kaplan, denounced the raids outside the university.

"If the federal government has extra resources in Oakland, then they should use them to get the illegal guns off the streets that are actually killing people," Overman said.

Steve DeAngelo, who runs Harborside Health Center,the largest dispensary in Oakland arrived on the scene to lend support to his sometime rival Lee. He said the raids were purely political, targeting Lee because he had led the effort to legalize marijuana in 2010 with Prop. 19.

"They can't say they're going after a criminal," DeAngelo said. "They're going after a voice of change. This is not about justice this is about revenge."

From the bay citizen...now back to your regular scheduled cookies!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
any news reports on this? Got me pissed... I never liked richard lee but for some reason it still pisses me off. like dude said, this is about our rights.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Wow I wrote that... it came on and within fifteen seconds was finished....just showed them taking files, computers, plants, and medicine....really? that's what needs to be done in Oakland?

And to pour salt in the wound the next story was about identity theft and took 4 mins. Fuck the news, bias ass nonsense. Anyways we really need to get it back to Cookies...
DSC09794.jpg

DSC09793.jpg

Up.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I'm not saying what they are doing to Richard Lee is correct, but a wise man once said "Don't poke a lion with a short stick". When you intentionally attract attention, you get attention... good or bad.

Many martyrs will be had before there is a change. Do you want to be brave and foolish?

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"...and those who will make this peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable." - Martin Luther King Jr.

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
beautiful UP! she's a classy looking babe.
these raids really piss me off. badly!
i just don't understand the problem people have with weed. really now, alcohol has claimed the life of several family members since i was a lil' tyke.

OrganicBuds

Veteran
"...and those who will make this peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable." - Martin Luther King Jr.

When did the good doc ever say that? Please site the speech and source of this quote, it sounds made up to me. I don't think Dr. Martin Luther King would incite violence, he was a peaceful dude. This quotes sounds like something OWS made up.

Ickis

Veteran
"and those who will make this peaceful revolution impossible, will make a violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy 1962

S

sweetypie

ok but i dont have any girl cuzzins..just messin OHGEE dang yo..anyways awesome cookie pics but would you say shes a really poor yeilder, or just under average?

talktosamson

Veteran
You know who else is a good speaker? Cookie monster...and his best quoute
C is for cookie that's good enough for me.

Z

Z-ro

who is trimming all these cookies a fucking blind kid?? almost every single picture in this thread would have my trimmers fired in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.