What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guest8905

i like it tight as well, but i have to side with UP and yes for in that if its some real fire, you can have some extra leaf its all good, wont really weigh up much, and how fun is it to pull back little fans and find the protected sparkly thc waiting for you!!

cookies outside ftw!

L

LumpStatus

it really depends on the bud...

Og has little frost on the leaves and IMO it must be trimmed tight...

Cookie and other very sugar leaf strains can be less trimmed. This is going by most dispensary standards. Also...if trying to preserve purple colors it is widely accepted to leave more leaf. It may seem odd but its true.

I usually trim just about any leaf with visible vein on certain strains. On og and bubba i go really close. Honestly it sets your nugs way above most commercial trim jobs.

I think assuming a well trimmed bud has pm is insane. Pm is VERY easy to spot when breaking open buds. White powder in the air. Also easy to spot with a magnifying device of any sort.

I rarely smoke any bud from other people due to the over use of illegal pesticides and just not knowing what you are smoking... I will try something occasionally from another grower but rarely. The only smoke ive had besides my own in the last year or so was props animal cookie! Couldnt resist! It was really nice btw prop!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
anybody remember back during the "purps" craze...alot of the asian growers would purposely leave fan leaves on the bud to "make it smell more purrrrpurrr" lol

there actually might be some truth to that...if you trim nugs up too fast before they cure the sap inside the leaf leaks out onto the bud affecting smell. by waiting to trim, or leaving the leaves on, the smells are locked in..

wheres my homie dr. purrpurr been..

OrganicBuds

Veteran
I hate trimming dry leaves, I always harvest fresh off the plant. Maybe that is why my smells are lacking on my product......

L

LumpStatus

That is 100 percent most definitely why your buds are lacking smell. I let the entire plant dry before I trim anything. You would be amazed at how big of a difference it really makes.

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
...I always harvest fresh off the plant. Maybe that is why my smells are lacking on my product......
i find that hard to believe, if your weed is lacking smeel its not because you trim your leafs fresh, because i did most of my harvest like that and if the weed is properly grown and the strain isn´t rubbish then the smell always shows.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
I have tried all methods of trimming and my buds all reak just the same. If you bud isnt smelling like it should you either screwed the cure up or you didnt let the bud dry completely. Without a proper cure it dont matter how the hell you trim it.

I prefer to wet trim right off the plant but if I dont have time I will dry trim. Also depends on the strain. Dry trimming is a bitch and none of my buds have ever lost trichs, guess I am not spraying enough fake trichs on my buds. LMAO

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i find that hard to believe, if your weed is lacking smeel its not because you trim your leafs fresh, because i did most of my harvest like that and if the weed is properly grown and the strain isn´t rubbish then the smell always shows.

Proper trimming and curing have everything to do with best smell. Anyone ever jar it up too early and have the smell turn to hay? I'm sure many of us have.

I personally like hanging whole branches and cutting off fan leaves only. Then 5 days to a week later take it off the branches. The buds are still a little too moist, but great time to place in a paper bag for a day or two. Then after a couple of days in the paper bag it is time to give a closer trim (tightness of trim and sugar leaf, personal choice).

:joint:

Guest02345

Proper trimming and curing have everything to do with best smell. Anyone ever jar it up too early and have the smell turn to hay? I'm sure many of us have.

I personally like hanging whole branches and cutting off fan leaves only. Then 5 days to a week later take it off the branches. The buds are still a little too moist, but great time to place in a paper bag for a day or two. Then after a couple of days in the paper bag it is time to give a closer trim (tightness of trim and sugar leaf, personal choice).

this guy know exactly what hes talkin bout. i do this exact same method. my nuggets always reek.

the slower the dry the better. it takes complete darkness for 5 days at least to release the chlorophyll in the plants.

L

LumpStatus

I was actually surprised to find a significant increase in aroma by allowing plants to dry completely before trimming. That is just my opinion. I would say to those who havent, try it and decide for yourself. I will never trim a wet bud again.

m4n

Exactly what i do

Status
Not open for further replies.