What's new

GH's New Flora Duo 2 part

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
GH FloraDuo Grow (sample) (6-0-6) (NH4)1.9% (NO3)4.1% Ca2.6% Fe.18% B.007% Co.0005% Cu.002% Mn.01% Mo.0015% Zn.003%
538g/473mL = 1.1374g/mL
@10mL/Gal
N 180
P 0
K 150
Mg 0
Ca 78
S NOT LISTED
Fe 5.40
B 0.21
Co 0.015
Cu 0.060
Mn 0.30
Mo 0.045
Zn 0.090
Derived from: Calcium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Borate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Nitrate, Ammonium Molybdate, Zinc Nitrate, Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic Acid, Ethylenediamine-bis(2hydroxyphenyl)acetic Acid, Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid, Urea.

GH FloraDuo Bloom (sample) (0-4-2) Mg1.4% Fe.15% S1.6% B.008% Co.0005% Cu.002% Mn.008% Mo.0015% Zn.003%
538g/473mL = 1.1374g/mL
@10mL/Gal
N 0
P 52
K 50
Mg 42
Ca 0
S 48
Fe 4.5
B 0.240
Co 0.015
Cu 0.060
Mn 0.240
Mo 0.045
Zn 0.090
Derived from: Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Borate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, Zinc Sulfate, Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic Acid, Ethylenediamine-bis(2hydroxyphenyl)acetic Acid, Ethylenediaminetetraacetic Acid.

Looks like they are dropping the P levels vs. Flora 3 part. Ive never seen DTPA, EDTA, or EDDHA listed as 'acid' before. Mfg normally list which elements (Fe for example) the chelating agents are attached too.

Hey no offense, realdeal, but take it elsewhere man. This thread is about GH FloraDuo.

I really can't wait to try this, it looks badass. Does anyone know when its going to be in stores? Its completely chem based right, no organics? Seems to me this is the way 2 parts should be done. H&G is nice, but I personally would like to know the actual NPK and be able to add a little more of one or the other to adjust it a little, like the FloraDuo. With H&G your pretty much locked into one ratio, and I hate that they won't put whats in it on the bottle, lame. Any other new GH products coming out?

Hey metalhead no offence but why dont you read before you open your mouth and make yourself look stupid? We were talking about what the differences were and how they were used. You really should make sure you know what you are talking about before you go tell someone to "take it elsewhere" thanks.

We were talking about what the differences were and how they were used.

Hmmm, I must have missed that part. Anyways, Shroom, could you explain to me how they are removing the flexibility? You need more nitrogen, add more grow, need more phosphorous and potassium, add more bloom. Same concept as adding more or less micro and bloom, but this system was made to be run as a 2 part, and hopefully is a newer improved product. I also like the fact that the grow is 6-0-6. At the end of flowering as you add more bloom and less grow, your going to get that big middle number that helps buds ripen.

I dont know what your getting at with the iron and calcium in the same bottle, but its that way on the duo, and the 3 part. They put the magnesium in the Grow bottle, its in the bloom in the 3 part. I like that as it will keep the cal mag ratio consistent. Just sounds like they made some little changes to make things better, and to get the ratios more in line with what we use. Just my 2 cents.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Hmmm, I must have missed that part. Anyways, Shroom, could you explain to me how they are removing the flexibility?

Are we talking mathematical proofs here or what? I dont see what is so hard to understand.

Two is less than three, three is more options than two, hence three is more flexible than two.

Everything has already been spelled out previously, im not sure what type of explanation you seek; having third bottle is more flexible than only two.

You cant change the P:K ratio without adding N, that seems stupid and inflexible to me.
------------
Why would someone want to add 1.9% NH4 to plants at the end of flower?

jeffie

I don't get what's the problem here. Seems like a great concept to me. Mix from two bottles to balance between veg and bloom extremes. Provided they've really figured out the ratios it's a no-brainer. I will sure use it if it works and ph is stable.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'll stop hating on it after looking over the bottles it does seem like a cool product, I'd like to see a side by side of this and Aqua Flakes and if I had two resi's and two 3x3's instead of a 3x6 I'd do it this next run but unfortunately I don't have it like that....

B

Bud Bug

Its not gonna be a traditional 2 part where you use 1 part A 1 part B. Apparently you'll adjust the ratios depending on the plants veg/flower stage or use 1A/1B for general plant usage.

Veg would be something like A 3 parts and B 1 part.
Transition A 1 part B 1 part.
Early flower A 1 part B 2 parts
Later Flower A 1 part B 3 parts.

I should have it in time (two weeks) for my next two new 600W grow rooms so will have a change to test it out.

Shroom, as far as I know, no one uses the green bottle of the 3 part system. So that would make it a 2 part system. Maybe thats where you are confused on what I'm saying? Everyone runs it as a 2 part anyways, which is not how it was meant to be run. This is a 2 part, meant to be run as a 2 part, just like most everyone already does with the 3 part.

It seems perfect to me, as you drop the N later in flowering you also drop the potassium and raise the phosphorus, exactly what I already do in flowering. Its like going from a 6 4 8 at the beginning of flowering to a 3 8 7 at the end of flower. I like the ratios myself.

Y

YosemiteSam

Lots of people use all three bottles. It gives you much more control over your P to K ratios...in fact with all three at say 5/5/5 it is my experience that you will get better results than the Lucas formula.

Not knocking the new formula, it may well be excellent. Just sayin there is a lot of ways to skin a cat so please do not speak for everyone.

btw, not knocking the Lucas formula either...just don't use it myownself is all.

First off, I'm not trying to speak for everyone. I'm only trying to point out what I think is good, and possibly better about this new system.

Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that when you don't use the green bottle you are running the lucas formula? I personally don't think the lucas formula is that good. I have tested a lot of different recipes, Res and Heads recipes are hands down the best, on multiple strains also.

Other thing I find interesting, when you add the green bottle, your adding more N and K for the most part, isn't that the same thing adding more of the grow bottle of this 2 part would do? On top of that, the nutritional needs of cannabis are pretty damn simple, why do you need to play with the P and K ratios so much? If this system provides enough P and K throughout the grow process, then whats the problem?

Anyways, I'm not going to debate this anymore, when it comes out, I will let you guys know how it works compared to the 3 part. The 3 part came out in like 1991, or 92 and I feel like it is about time they came out with something new. I have a lot of faith in GH, and I don't think they would come out with an inferior product, we're not talking about AN here. Quit being a bunch of Debbie Downers and at least try and get a little excited about something new. If it doesn't work, oh well, I still got gallons and gallons of bloom and micro, and I will have had some fun trying something new.

i grow in soil,. my opinon on ferts is this=they dont really matter, there about what 20 plus dozen ferts that with any kind of grower skill can make bomb weed, so my point is basically just find out what company is giving out free samples and what store is handing out samples and just get some of them, the tiny amount of nutes i need can be gotten for free almost indefinately and with variety i might add as well, even people that grow would give up a few tablespoons of some potent stuff, im set for 2-six months. its just to easy

BudZad7

Very Nice Info!!

Very Nice Info!!

:tiphat:Hi All! :) Bud Bug you have the mix down as the company intended, I think!!?? Anyway that seems the most logical way to apply this new product.....time will tell!??:dance013:

I also grabbed some Flora-Duo from the Gen Hydro booth. That place was going nuts.
It's been a week since using it next to Humboldt Nutes Verde. I like the results of the Verde more. I would use this over the Flora-Nova series any day.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Lets look at (NH4) vs. (NO3) levels and the N:Ca ratio in common liquid fertilizers.

Botanicare CNS17 Hydro Grow (3-2-4) (NH4).14% (NO3)2.86% Ca2.8%
20.4X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:0.93
Botanicare CNS17 Coco Grow (3-1-2) (NH4).14% (NO3)2.86% Ca3.6%
20.4X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:1.2
Botanicare CNS17 Hydro Bloom (2-2-5) (NH4)0.09% (NO3)1.91% Ca2%
21.2X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:1
Botanicare CNS17 Coco Bloom (2-2-3) (NH4)0.09% (NO3)1.91% Ca2.5%
21.2X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:1.25

GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7) (NH4)0.25% (NO3)3.75% Ca4.0%
15X NO3 N:Ca 1:1
GH Flora Micro (5-0-1) (NH4)0.3% (NO3)4.7% Ca5.0%
15.6X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:1

Cutting Edge Solution Micro (6-0-0) (NH4)0.3% (NO3)5.7% Ca5%
19X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:0.83
Technaflora BC Boost (3-0-2) Ca3.21% No Ammonium (*N also in other bottle)
No Ammonium --- N:Ca = 1:0.8

AN Sensi Bloom A (4.3-0-3.1) (NH4)0.1% (NO3)4.2% Ca1.7% (*N also in other bottle)
47.5X more NO3 --- N:Ca 1:0.3
AN Sensi Bloom A (2-4-0) Ca2.1% No Ammonium (*N also in other bottle)
No Ammonium --- N:Ca = 1:0.53

And now we come to:

GH FloraDuo Grow (sample) (6-0-6) (NH4)1.9% (NO3)4.1% Ca2.6%
2.16X more NO3 --- N:Ca = 1:0.43

This new formula seems very high on NH4, and low on Ca. Its profile is actually very unlike GH's Flora and FloraNova. And it also has the lowest Ca levels of every line except AN (a.k.a. buy my 30 supplements).

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I think the low Ca levels say to me it's made to be used with tap water, like H&G if you use straight RO you run into CalMg problems but have a low ppm tap 75-100ppm and it's lovely. That's my guess...

schroom, think you read the bottle wrong or something. Flora Duo is .9 NH4 and 4.1 N03, according to the pictures on the bottle on page one. What do you have against flora duo?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm willing to try it out with a run I'm helping a friend with since he's a hardcore 3 part lover and I can't be talked out of H&G 2parts I'll have to meet in the middle lol I'd imagine you can get some damn good fades going on with this system though....

This wasn't grown by me but I do have seeds of this strain to pop here real soon and I'm hoping I get sick ass fades like the grower Mini does with Aqua Flakes...

Strain is Crystal Throttle (Afwreck x Afgooey x Sour D IBL)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Crystal Throttle.jpg
    Crystal Throttle.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 14