What's new

GH's New Flora Duo 2 part

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
schroom, think you read the bottle wrong or something. Flora Duo is .9 NH4 and 4.1 N03, according to the pictures on the bottle on page one. What do you have against flora duo?

Or something.

picture.php

Urea is not immediately available either.

The total N is 6, if they list NO3 (soluble N) @4.1%, that leaves 1.9%.

------------------------------------------

I dont have a bias against a product i havent used. I dont know if this line works, i just question why its so much different than every other GH nutrient line. I am simply pointing out facts about this product vs other products.

I present facts, and then give my opinion, that's not bias, that's an informed opinion.

Thats what I thought you meant, after I already posted, then thought about it.

Where I got confused is you said 1.9% NH4, so your using the term NH4 as anything insoluble, and NO3 as soluble. Clear that up for me if I'm wrong please.

I'm still learning when it comes to all this chemistry stuff, but it looks like NO3 and NH4 is about the usual levels, but the addition if UREA is something I'm not familiar with, but imo, is a good thing. Whats up with the addition of UREA, I know you have a good answer for me.

Picked up a sample of it yesterday. Not enough in a sample for even one 55 gallon res, kind of bummed. Good news is, I have a lot of SFV OG, and blue dream clones that just rooted, so I'm going to veg them on a flood table with it. Pretty hard to tell anything in veg, so hopefully I can buy some to bud with in a month for flowering.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I'm gonna try this 2 part with Floralicious+ - anyone got a price estimate and release date?

Slightly off topic but: There was an article on Maximum Yield (or was it Urban Garden mag) that found mixing 3-part nutes in a 1:1:1 ratio outperformed the instructions on the bottle (3:2:1 and 1:2:3) and using 2 out of 3 bottles performed the worst. I think the author used AN instead of GH though.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran

Dyna-Gro Grow (7-9-5)
(NH4)2.6% (NO3)4.4% Mg0.5% Ca2.0% Fe0.1% S0.05% Mn0.05%
@10ml/Gal
N 242
P 136
K 143
Mg 17
Ca 69
S 2
Fe 3.4552
B .691
Cl NOT LISTED
Co 0.0518
Cu 1.7276
Mn 1.7276
Mo 0.0311
Ni NOT LISTED
Zn 1.7276
Derived From: Calcium Nitrate, Mono-Potassium Phosphate, Mono-Ammonium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Nickel Nitrate, Iron, Boric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Cobaltous Sulfate, Copper, Molybdic Acid, Manganese, and Zinc.

Dyna Gro Bloom (3-12-6) (NH4) 0.7% (NO3) 2.3% Mg0.5% Ca2% Fe0.1% S0.09% Mn0.05%
@10ml/Gal
N 103
P 181
K 172
Mg 17
Ca 69
S 3
Fe 3.4552
B .691
Cl NOT LISTED
Co 0.0518
Cu 1.7276
Mn 1.7276
Mo 0.0311
Zn 1.7276
Derived From: Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate, Iron, Boric Acid, Potassium Chloride, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper, Molybdic Acid, Manganese, Zinc Disodium Ethylenediamine Tetra Acetate

FWIW dynagro uses a high ratio of NH4 too.

skunktoker

I'm gonna try this 2 part with Floralicious+ - anyone got a price estimate and release date?

Slightly off topic but: There was an article on Maximum Yield (or was it Urban Garden mag) that found mixing 3-part nutes in a 1:1:1 ratio outperformed the instructions on the bottle (3:2:1 and 1:2:3) and using 2 out of 3 bottles performed the worst. I think the author used AN instead of GH though.

I always got better results using the 111 method also when using AN GMB.................

http://www.eurohydro.com/floraduo.html

some more info I found on the euro GH site. Their site is really nice, all the stuff about bioponics is interesting. William Texiar seems like a pretty smart guy, really enjoy reading anything he writes. He has a bunch of articles in growing edge, and you can order the back issues. Anyone read it, is it worth it?

Been using my sample for a week on some freshly rooted clones, it works, thats for sure. Plants are very green and getting bigger already. My res looks like it has plain water in it, completely clear at 1.2 ec. seems really clean.

toohighmf

Veteran
I think you would be surprised how many use all 3 parts. I make most of my clients run
1-1-1 and don't let them lower the grow until after week 4.

As for 2 part liquid ferts. Most are actually 4 part if you think about Sensi grow AB and bloom AB, Bigfoot, SVA/B SBA/B. Then there is b'cuzz, canna H&G who make a real 2 part general pourpose fert and sell you on bloom additives. Now flora duo, completely different...
I love how the bloom bottle says it can be used as bloom booster also! I get the ratios too. If used as directed, you end up using equal parts in the end so theirs no extra of one or the other. Interesting, but I prefer good ol 3 part for tweaking. That or just dynabloom 1 part where I'm getting everything in 1 bottle..

toohigh how much dynabloom you run per gal water? or should i ask how much would ya use hand watering in sunshine mix or metro mix?

thanks maybe i'll give it a try next run. been doing the dry maxibloom thing per your and evleme advice.
with alittle bloombastic wk2-6 and koolbloom wk6-8 and have been lovin it.
simple as pie and great results if i dropped the bloombastic it would also be very cheap lol.
anyway thanks.

memyselfandi

i was in the beta test of floraduo.

let me make some stuff clear.

GH US and GH Europe isn't exactly the same company.

Floranova is a US product that is being selled in europe developed but the US brother :)

Flora series is a EU product sold in the US, floranova is having a huge success in Europe, FloraDuo is Flora series designed for some plants :) the 1-3 and 3-1 is JUST A COINCIDENCE , a huge one :) duo is the flora series on steroids, there are new components in the formula.

There is a HARD water and SOFT water version, the soft version is for RO water

if you have any questions i can ask the team that develop the product to get some answers

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
When is it going to come out? Is it better than Flora Nova? How much better is it than Aqua Flakes that I'm running now?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ please if if you can ask

1. why so low in calcium? ( N:Ca = 1:1 or 1-0.8 , no where close at all)
2. why do the ratios look off on there feed chart? as in veg formula has more K then in flower, and there veg and mild general has way to little P to me.. ( will show examples below )
3. when is it coming to the US market
4. is this new 2 part suppose to replace the 8 mirco / 16 bloom alot of people use? / was it based off that most people use the 2 solutions.... ??
5. if you were in the beta test, please describe the pros and cons you saw, and any pics?

------------------------------------------------------------

some formulations for there feed chart:

strong grow: 265 N / 26 P / 252 K / 115 Ca / 21 Mg
mild general: 89 N / 26 P / 106 K / 39 Ca / 21 Mg
mild bloom : 89 N / 52P / 138 K / 39 Ca / 41 Mg
strong bloom: 89 N / 77 P / 170 K / 39 Ca / 62 Mg

------------------------------------------------------------

GROW 6-0-6

6ml : N: 108 / P: / K: 90 / Ca: 47
7ml : N: 126 / P: / K: 105 / Ca: 55
8ml : N: 144 / P: / K: 120 / Ca: 63

BLOOM 0-4-2.6

12ml : N: / P: 63 / K: 78 / Mg: 50
13ml : N: / P 68 / K: 84 / Mg: 55
14ml : N: / P: 73 / K: 91 / Mg: 59
15ml : N: / P: 79 / K: 97 / Mg: 63
16ml : N: / P: 84 / K: 104 / Mg: 67

-----------------------------------------

( some formulations I made to match close to Lucas )

6grow + 16 bloom = N: 108 / P: 84 / K: 194 / Ca: 47 / Mg: 67
7grow + 16 bloom = N: 126 / P: 84 / K: 209 / Ca: 55 / Mg: 67
6grow + 17 bloom = N: 108 / P: 94 / K: 192 / Ca: 47 / Mg:

------------------------------------------

Last edited:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have just noticed, there is flora duo at US stores now. a couple of places like planet natural... one store listed getting in product at November 12th..

and the ratio has changed from there samples to:

grow: 5 - 0 - 6 hydrofarm lists weight for quart at 2.8 pounds
bloom: 1 - 5 - 4 hydrofarm lists weight for quart at 2.7 pounds

remember these NPK ratios can contain anywhere from .1 -.9 extra, and we have to look on the back of the new bottles to see exact NPK ratios..

also to note, the euro and US versions seem to have different ratios, looking at pictures from google

here is test grow, doesn't look like the best grower, but the interesting thing he said, is there coming out with an additive line...

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Well here's what I got from Planet Natural...

FloraDuo (Part A & B)

A new formula derived from recent discoveries! With only two bottles, General Hydroponics® FloraDuo makes it possible to obtain a large range of nutrient combinations to meet the demands of all plants, through every phase, from seedling through harvest.

The ratios of primary, secondary and micronutrients adjust as you mix in different amounts of A (5-0-6) and B (1-5-4), thus tailoring your nutrient blends to meet your plants needs. Can be used with all plants in prepared soil mixes, coco blends and garden soils.

Directions for Use:
Measure fresh water, then measure Flora Duo, add to water and stir. Maintain pH in the range of 5.8 to 6.8. A conductivity meter is recommended to measure and maintain nutrient strength. The nutrient solution should range between 600 and 1,200 ppm.

To provide your plants with the correct nutrient spectrum and obtain the right balance of nutrients use both A & B as seen in chart below:

A

B
Strong Grow Blend
3 tsp

1 tsp
Mild General Purpose
1 tsp

1 tsp
Normal General Purpose
2 tsp

2 tsp
Transitional Blend from Grow to Bloom
1.5 tsp

2.5 tsp
Mild Bloom Blend
1 tsp

2 tsp
Strong Bloom Blend
1 tsp

3 tsp

Note: B can be used alone as a bloom booster for garden plants, foliar feeding and hydroponic reservoir top-up for the bloom phase. Add 1-3 tsp of B per gallon of water.
flora-duo.jpg

Noticed you got the ratio's wrong bro, peep the bottles... They sound interesting I'll post what I saw about it on the GHE site... I like that they finally changed it to a part A and part B not that dumb Grow and Bloom shit...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
FloraDuo
Complete, concentrated and cost effective :
FloraDuo is a new formula derived from the latest scientific discoveries.

FloraDuo is a two-part mineral nutrient, FloraDuo Grow and FloraDuo Bloom. Designed and created in collaboration between Dr. Cal Herrmann and William Texier, this is our new formula, inspired from the latest discoveries in plant nutrition.

FloraDuo is a « classic » mineral nutrient, with a difference (and an essential one), where each of the elements a plant needs is derived from a large variety of different sources. To create an excellent nutrient, you need of course a precise formula. But this is not all ! It also is very important that each element comes from different sources, and different salts. This is how they are made available at all times, in a form plants can absorb them. And we don’t stop at that. We add in our bottle elements we could call “bio-activators”, that are not directly nutrients for plants, but which improve their general health, help them better absorb their food, and better resist to pathogen and insect aggressions.

FloraDuo is a complete nutrient, especially designed for fast growing plants, with a marked difference between growth and flowering needs. It comes in 2 parts: FloraDuo Grow and FloraDuo Bloom. To guarantee the best results, and adapt it to all regions, we offer the “Grow” in 2 versions : one for hard waters, and one for soft waters. FloraDuo Grow “soft water” is for demineralised and reverse osmosis waters.

FloraDuo is highly concentrated : 4 ml/L are enough for a balanced and vigorous growth. Its price also is very attractive. FloraDuo is economical and cost effective.

FloraDuo is also user-friendly : by mixing 3 parts FloraDuo Grow with 1 part FloraDuo Bloom, you’ll address all growth requirements. Then, by reversing these proportions (3 parts Bloom with 1 part Grow), you’ll attend to all flowering needs. FloraDuo guarantees a perfect balance between growing and flowering. You need nothing else for abundant and healthy yields.

Like for all our nutrients, FloraDuo is an exhaustive formula: no need for complements to improve your plants diet. It includes all we have learned in 30 years of studies and experience, from our years collaborating with research laboratories (particularly with the University of California at Davis), and also thanks to the information sent to us by thousands of clients using our products worldwide.

For “One Part” (Total Grow and Total Bloom) users:
When first formulated in 1998, One Part represented a revolution in plant nutrition. Today after 12 years of thorough research, FloraDuo uses the same foundation, but with different insight. FloraDuo is distinct from One Part due to its adaptability to all waters (hard and soft), its higher concentration, and the originality of its conception. It will advantageously replace One Part, in soil and in hydroponics. If you already use OnePart, don’t hesitate to switch to FloraDuo, you will be delighted with your results.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I'm really interested in seeing how this stuff does next to the 2parts that are out already like House & Garden, Advanced Nutrients, Dutch Master Gold ect that additive line dude is talking about sounds very interesting as well. I read they have a root boosting additive probably GH's answer to Roots Excelurator which should be cool to see. I can say the Flora Duo is priced nicely at $28 a gal that's $10 cheaper than my $38 5 liter jugs I know it's a liter more so it's really only a few bucks less but still every penny counts these days...

memyselfandi

the use of chelate compounds ,bio-activators and 12 years of understanding the plant feed to find out that they use more thing that it was expected so those trace minerals were added.

Not need to use enzymes, fungi and bacterias produce enzymes for you flora nova also uses that tech.

the bottles i have here don't have the same ratios

ATTENTION this is SOFT WATER BETA bottles

BLOOM NPK - 1-5-3
N 1
Ammoniacal nitrogen 0.6
Nitrate nitrogen 0.4
P2O5 5
k2o 3.5
Mg 3.0
S 5.0
B 0.008
Fe 0.012