What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 with some Dough G pollen for a few seeds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Day 11 of flower here. Things are going great. Room parameters are spot on cept for humidity...thats always going to be low.
Air temps 75-80 day, 70-72 night.
Water temp is 68.
Humidity is about 41%
Ph is 6.0
EC is 1.5
Couple good fans circulating air, 1 from top 1 from bottom.
Running 625 -725 PPFD across the canopy
DLI of 43 on the higher part of the canopy.
Plants are looking great, showing no real signs of needing anything more. Upped my P&K levels a bit. I use dry MKP to make a stock solution exactly like Hydroplex from Botanicare. I DIY all my nutes. Jacks recommends doing this during the first couple weeks of flower to encourage bud site sets. They have a different take on when to PK boost and it's science based not bro science. The plants need more when they are setting the bid sites, not in the last few weeks. I tend to agree. I have pulled some fans here and there. Trimming up a bit on the bottoms to. This is all being done by my girl....big thanks to her! I am trying not to overwelm her with little details so things will not be as tidy as when I am running the show. Its all good. The most important thing is the plants are healthy and she is really helping a lot.
Pretty much decided that I will just run 2 plants in here from now on. It will makes thing much easier for me. They get plenty big for this space with just 2.
Couple pics of day 11 flower. GG4 clone only.
IMG_7077 - Copy.JPG IMG_7082 - Copy.JPG IMG_7089 - Copy.JPG
Last one is lights out...gives you a true look at the green of the leaves. She put the little statement about frosty buds there. She is a real positive thinker. Cannot hurt that's for sure!
Hope you all have a great Saturday. I am doing some gaming and drinking a nice coffee. Plus roasting some fat bowls of the Glue! RDWC FTW!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Thought I would give you a look at upcoming stuff in the tent. I have a couple moms of the glue in there just chilling. 2 Dough G from Ocean Grown and a JCGoo from me.
Interesting to see the the Vader OG traits already showing in the Dough G. Turned up leaf edges. Not from environment its genetics....and the lankyness(coming from the Cookies)...wow.
The JCGoo is so bushy and different from the Dough G. I remember it being a pain to trim but if shes great smoke then I don't care. Just cool to see the diffs between them. I just sprayed the JCGoo, so shes a bit droopy. I hit my plants with Green Cleaner on a semi regular basis just to be safe. They are all super healthy and loving the Jacks at full strength...1.5 EC. These are in F&D...so simple it is just stupid simple to run. Lighting levels in here are 280 to 350 PPFD. I need to rig up some dimmers for these 64 watt lights. That way I can fine tune levels a bit more.
Here's a Dough G, from seed obviously.
IMG_7143 - Copy.JPG
The 2 Glue#4 moms.
IMG_7148 - Copy.JPG
JCGoo getting a spray down in the tub.
IMG_7128 - Copy.JPG
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Day 17 of flower here. Things are going well. Noticed some tiny tip burn so at water change last night I dropped the EC to 1.0. Changed the composition of it slightly as well.
Running 10ML per G of the Jacks A and B.
5 ml per G of Calcium/Magnesium.
1 ml per G of MKP
2 ml per G of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens at a minimum of 20,000 colony forming units per ml..
Came out to 1.0 EC. I will up it if I feel they need it. RDWC is very efficient with nutrients...you don't need a ton. Been doing a bit of leaf removal and trimming down low. Still more to be done. My girl is a busy person and she only has so much time to help me. No worries, going to get some nice fat nugs off this run.
I have not gotten the 2nd trellis in yet. May not be able to get it in...I am still healing here. If I can't I will use the Yoyo's I have. I have a bunch already mounted on the ceiling so there easy to use. It wont be a perfect looking run but the quality will be there. That is most important to me.
Looking forward to next week....I will be pollinating some branches with Dough G pollen. Going for a nice cross of these 2. Hey still looking for name ideas for the new strain. It will be GG4 clone only X Dough G from Ocean Grown. If you have some good ideas throw them out there......
Some shots from day 17.
IMG_7153 - Copy.JPG IMG_7157 - Copy.JPG IMG_7165 - Copy.JPG
Here is a shot of my filter after 8 days. Not to much but I clean it every water change. I have the light at between 700 and 800 PPFD across the canopy.
IMG_7169 - Copy.JPG
Cruising along here nicely. Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Looking very healthys ! How many watts is the water chiller?
Thanks for that nice comment unnamedmike! It is a 1/10 HP Active Aqua chiller. 190 watts and 2.2 amp draw. It is sized for between 10 and 40 gallons. I think it is the smallest they make. Works perfect for this system. I have around 32 gallons in my system and it is sized just right for that amount of water. It has worked flawlessly from the day I got it. I run a 400 gph pump on it. Over 2 years running it now.... no issues at all. I clean it out each run with low Ph water and 34% H2o2. Also clean the small air flow filter on the front every run to. I keep it set at 67 and it keeps it there rock solid.
I will say this is one of the best pieces of kit I have bought for my grow set up. Just takes all the worry/issues of temperature away.....lets me concentrate on other things.
Have a great day all! Off to take some fatties of the GG4, also have a nice press of fresh rosin to dab on!
peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Growing well mate , beautifull canopy (y)
Thanks for that...have not seen you since first page. Hope thing are going well for you! The plant on the left tipped backwards a bit and I did not see it. So it is a touch lower than the one on the right. No worries tho. I have actually gotten the glue to green up pretty well in the stems. Even the petioles are not fully bright purple. More of a light purp/green mix. I think I have the nutrient content nailed! Done a ton of research while I was down on LED's. Learned a lot and employing that in this run...it's showing I think. I am happy!:sasmokin:
Have a great day.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Yeah I know I took forever to get this grow going and blabbed on about my woes...sorry for that. But yes show is getting going for sure. Glad you will be here to see the big buds!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Yes...nice. That had come to my mind as well...maybe Gluedo 4. I kinda like it. That's in the running.....kinda putting together names that sound good to me in a small list. Also hopefully get some ideas from the smoking of the bud to help with the name. We got lotss of time ass the seeds are not even made yet...sson tho. About 5 to 7 days before I spread the seed(pollen) as it were..lol.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. I usually pride myself on my DIY skills....been working with my hands all my life. Had a great Dad(and Mom) who taught me a ton a good shit.
This is NOT one of best DIY's...lol. It does the job tho. I needed to extend my pruning abilities. I still have trouble bending over really at all so....I came up with these.
gg4 dough tools1 - Copy.jpg IMG_7180 - Copy.JPG
So please don't laugh....but I am. I did not even cut the dowel just broke it uneven all caveman style....Did not even break it in the middle...wtf! Grab some duct tape and wrap. They work just fine. Ghetto as hell but very functional for no cost. I had all of it at the house. Starting to be able to reach some of those low sucker branches that need to go.
Love Saturdays. Nice fat coffee, some gaming, big bong rips, beers and a dab or 2...can't go wrong!
Peace, negative.

blondie

Hi. Glad I stumbled on this inspirational thread. Back pain is no fun and makes getting things done around the grow room a challenge. You think about acupuncture? Some possibility it may help. Glad you are improving though. A radical idea, Confide in someone for help in the grow room.... it’s a gamble somewhat but if you are desperate. I actually had to do this last week to setup new lights.

Excellent DIY and grow skills... keep it coming.

Gg4 x dough g = gweedough Or Gweedo

negative37dBA

Veteran
Love that name to. It has rolled off my lips a few times listening to it.....I think it sounds like "Guido" which has a bit of a negative meaning to it.

a man, especially an Italian American, regarded as vain, aggressively masculine, and socially unsophisticated.

I think in this context though it sounds great. Putting together a short list for when the time comes to decide...maybe I do a poll of the best ones. Let the community decide! We will see.
As for having anyone help besides my girl that's a big no go there. It may sound weird but I literally have zero friends and my trust level of people is extremely low...maybe that's why I don't have any friends?? It will work out for me though. Thanks for the positive thoughts and comments.
Peace, negative.

blondie

Love that name to. It has rolled off my lips a few times listening to it.....I think it sounds like "Guido" which has a bit of a negative meaning to it.

a man, especially an Italian American, regarded as vain, aggressively masculine, and socially unsophisticated.

I think in this context though it sounds great. Putting together a short list for when the time comes to decide...maybe I do a poll of the best ones. Let the community decide! We will see.
As for having anyone help besides my girl that's a big no go there. It may sound weird but I literally have zero friends and my trust level of people is extremely low...maybe that's why I don't have any friends?? It will work out for me though. Thanks for the positive thoughts and comments.
Peace, negative.
You are speaking my language. I had to trust a very distant acquaintance or expect to writhe in pain, if I even could get things done. Just not possible in my situation. You should let someone in someday.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thought I would put up a couple pics of some of my essential pieces of kit. Hydro, specifically RDWC can be kinda equipment heavy but once set up properly it will treat you well. I have pretty much totally automated my system to work without me for about a week. I don't have any smart outlets or apps on my phone. I have not gone that route yet although I see the advantages.
I just use a light controller, a environment controller, Ph doser and top off rez to make this possible..pretty simple stuff.
Sentinel is my brand of choice. I have been running these 2 controllers for over 10 years with absolutely no problems....flawless. These are both housed in a cabinet outside of the grow space. The Ph doser is by American Marine and is used in reef and fish tank applications...it's almost to precise for hydro...a bit overkill but fuckit....go big or go home. I mean it reads the Ph down to the 1/10th of a point accurate. This controls 2 peristaltic pumps, 1 for up and 1 for down. Both hooked to independent supplies, so 2 way dosing...sweet! I have to ratio the fluid with water to make it easier to get exact.
Hydro can be pretty complex shit but once you know your stuff and have it dialed you cannot outgrow this type of system....
First is the light controller. Controls 2 lights independently. Can set start and off times, start delay for second light, high temp cutoff, all the good stuff. The environment controller can control 2 devices. I just have a small
heater hooked up to it on low. Helps maintain LST(leaf surface temp) something which LED lacks a bit of. These 3 pieces of kit help keep my numbers near perfect almost all the time in my grow space.
My top off rez is simply a 5 gallon bucket on a high shelf in my room. Hooked up to the Epicenter via 1/4 line it drip feeds the center to keep water levels perfect at all times. I nute this water and that also helps keep my numbers stable. I find it will last 5 to 7 days depending....
IMG_7181 - Copy.JPG IMG_7182 - Copy.JPG IMG_7183 - Copy.JPG
IMG_5394 - Copy.JPG
I am kind of a gear freak...I love the equipment and how it works almost as much as the growing. Cool to be able to control the environment so precisely.....
I am on my second beer here. Saturday night and all. Feeling the best I have felt in almost 11 months!! Really starting to heal here and things are looking up daily!! I am up to over 1.5 miles walking a day.....lame compared to my 8 milers with the dogs normally but I will take it. Slow and steady wins the race.
Have a great night all. Firing up ARMA 3 for some KOTH tonight..woot woot!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey all. We hit day 21 yesterday and pollen was put on some select branches..... Get excited when this happens...creating a whole new thing you know.
I use a simple method. I just put a cone of paper around the branch. Sprinkle pollen into cone onto flower. It keeps pollen off the rest of your plants. I do it with fans off then the cone protects them after I turn it back on. After about 12 hours i take off the cones. I use a bit of water on my finger to take up any excess/leftover pollen. Then I mark the branches so I can remember the pollenated ones. Nothing high tech here just simple pollen chucking. Hoping for a great cross as always. I have a pretty good quantity of pollen as I made a pollen only run awhile back.
So we have GG4 clone only female X Dough G(Ocean Gown)male.
IMG_7197 - Copy.JPG IMG_7198 - Copy.JPG IMG_7201 - Copy.JPG

I hit them another time the next day to insure we get some results...Went with 4 tops today, prob do couple more as well. Things are going great with flowering...chugging right along. I have really upped my room temp this run and I think it is paying off nicely. Running up to 88 at time in day...very high for me! I see zero issues except they love it! They are drinking more but I would expect that. EC at 1.0 is doing the job so far.
Have a great day all. RDWC under LED for the win!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Do you freeze your pollen after collecting?, any desiccant?
Yes on both counts. I use a jar that's sealed with desiccant balls that change color if saturated. Had this stored since 11/21 or so...almost a year so far. Thanks for the questions.
Peace, negative.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
so, straight fresh pollen into container w/ silica or something like the colour changing desiccant, then freeze like that?, or do you dry the pollen at all? cheers

Latest posts

Latest posts