What's new

GG4 with some Dough G pollen for a few seeds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
I do try to keeps thing clean all the time..it really helps out.
Just saw a very nice upgrade to my undercurrent system!! They have incorporated a insert for the top of the net pot. That insert holds a 3.75" neo puck that will hold your plant. The awesome thing is no media needed!! I use Hydroton right now and its fine but I have to clean it every run and that can be a pain. I am going to do this for sure. Super easy upgrade. Always like to eliminate things if it doesn't effect final outcome! The only problem is they make it only for the 5.5" pots and I run the 8" I might be able to DIY something tho now that I have the idea.
Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Have finished with 3 rounds of spraying with Green Cleaner. I have dogs and live in a very woodsy/outdoors area so preventative spray from time to time is a good idea. My lady did all 3 sprays like a pro with some guidance from me. She is approaching this with a great attitude and that is really cool! Cloning equipment is clean and ready to roll. Tent space is ready. I clone under a old 24"t-5, 4 bulb light. It works a charm, I find my HLG60 board is too much light for clones. I only take 7 or so clones at a time. I just do not need any more than that. My space is only set up for 4 plants....but that 4 plants gives me PLENTY!
Going to work on cleaning up flower room some more and take clones this week sometime. I can sit back and take some good pics while she does the work...I like it! Really though it is not a ton of work beyond the cleaning. Everything is so automated it just runs itself. Water changes are all handled by pumps...I don't move water by hand no more!!! Ph control is automated as well as top off rez. It takes more work to defoliate/control the plants and than it ever does to manage the system. I love that!
:cool::greenstars:
Hope you all have stoney Monday. Working on a big bowl of GG4 through the Mothership right now!
Peace, negative

negative37dBA

Veteran
Talking water quality today for hydro or any growing for that matter. It is important to start with good water for your plants. People ideas of what good water are may vary. I have heard people use everything from rainwater to straight tap. Whatever works for you is fine...this is what works for me.
I am on a well. I have pre filters in the well house to work on big sediment and micro organisms. I have put a 3 stage R/O filter under a handy bathroom sink near my grow room. I also have a 2 stage pre filter before the R/O unit...so 5 stages in total after the well house filters. I ran a 1/4" line through a couple walls to my 32 gallon rez. It has a float valve to keep it from overfilling. I run a air pump and a UV sterilizer continuously in the rez. This gives me near zero PPM ultra pure water with nothing in it. A great place to start with hydro. Since your plants roots are always in this solution it needs to be right from the start or you will be fighting it.
I also run a chiller 24/7 on my undercurrent system. Good water temps are a key to hydro growing. I set my chiller at 66 and leave it for the entire grow there. Works perfectly.
Couple shots of my water set up.
ro unit1 - Copy.jpg rez set up 2 - Copy.jpg
Hope you all are having a great day...nice and hot here. Sitting on the porch ripping bong hits of the glue. Getting ready to get in a nice gaming session!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey guys. Some dude was shitting all over me on this forum about me liking my Master Glass bong/bubbler. So I am going to post a couple pics of it to make myself feel better..lol.
He called it "garbage" So for me it works awesome.
It is a nice size about 13" tall. It is nice heavy, thick glass. It feels sturdy in my hand, not like it is going to break if I tap it against something. It is a 2 stage with a diamond cut upside down perc on the bottom stage and a mushroom type 4 leg bubbler up top. It hits very well. Cool prancing horse logo on the bottom with the Master Glass logo up top. Plus made in the USA. I always use it with a ash catcher/bubbler. That really helps keep it clean. I love it and it cost me $110.00. That is the most I have EVER spent on a rig. I have $35.00 rig that is great as well. A no name that is a little thinner than the Master Glass.
I don't do the multi hundreds or thousands of dollar rigs. Seems like a waste to me but if you have the cash cool.
Here are a couple shots of it. Not perfectly clean but good enough..it is my daily driver.
masterglass3 - Copy.jpg
masterglass1 - Copy.jpg
masterglass2 - Copy.jpg

What do you guys like to smoke out of? I also dab a lot. I will make a new post a bout that to stall for time till my grow gets going...lol.
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Bored today so posting a bit. Here is a shot of 1 of my other daily rigs. My lady likes this one as her favorite. It is a copy..not a original Mothership because I did not pay much for it. It still is very nice quality. Heavy glass, nice screened logo, straight and level. I also run this with a bubbler/ash catcher. I have just found that running those is the way to go for me. I smoke a lot daily and it helps greatly with keeping clear glass units clean. I run a bubbler/ash catcher on all 4 of my rigs, even my dag rig.
mothership1 - Copy.jpg
mothership2 - Copy.jpg

Loading her up now with the GG4. woot woot!
Peace, negative.

Sobergrower

A little late to the party but glad I have found time to stop in! Sorry to hear about your injury my friend. I hope you continue to heal and having something like this grow will hopefully help. Sending positive vibes!
As for a name for this cross

CDC SOUR GIRL

GG THE INVADER

OG CHEMICAL GORILLA COOKIE

Peace......SG

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for those nice ideas Sobergrower.
Ok guys, I am taking clones tonight with my lady. I get to sit back and take pictures for once!
Lets talk for a minute about where this wonderful plant(gg4 clone)came from. I am sure most of you are familiar with the pretty cool story of how this strain got out. Maybe some are not so familiar with its all star lineage. GG4 clone only is a 3 way cross of some VERY nice heavy hitters.
First up is Chems Sis.
chems sis.jpg
Next up is Chocolate Diesel...what a beast!
chocolate diesel.jpg
And last but not least Sour Dub....some real nice parents eh?
sour dub.jpg
Kinda like if your parents were a track star, and a football hero and then they got divorced and the football guy married a supermodel..lol.
This cross is just a beast classic!! It is my all time fav strain. I smoke it daily. All hail the GG4! 🍔
Be back with some taking clone shots soon!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Alrighty. Stoked to be taking clones this evening with my lady leading the way doing most of the work. Going to take 7 or so clones off the GG4 mom and get them up and rolling in the aero cloner.
First time she has done this at all but it is straight forward and should be easy for her. I will guide her along to help it go smoothly.
Pretty standard cloning tech here. Cut some nice shoots off a healthy mom and pop them in a clean aero for 2 weeks. I run a light nute solution with some pool shock and Hormex for the first week then drop the Hormex for the second week. I run them under a simple t-5 ho 4 bulb, 2 foot. By the way I make my own pool shock for pennies a gallon...I don't pay for Clear rez.
Some shots of how everything went down....very well!
gg4 dough g seed clones 1 - Copy.jpg gg4 dough g clones 2 - Copy.jpg gg4 dough g clones 3 - Copy.jpg
So 7 clones ready to roll. She did a great job. She added all the items to the water and set it all up! Only took us a little while.
Hopefully in 2 weeks we will have some nice roots. Prob about 3 weeks and I will put 2 or so in the system to bulk up a bit. We are only going to run 2 to help her with the upkeep..no worries.
Looking forward to moving on now that we have some plants getting started. Was checking my pollen supply yesterday...we all good, ready for some dusting when the time comes. I am leaning toward a simple name for the cross to help identify what it is. I am not much into all the fancy names that tell me little to nothing of the plant.
So I am leaning towards gorilla dough 4 as a good candidate for a name. We will have much time to still debate a good name as this grow has not even happened yet. It will not be till the next run till we even get to see how those seeds look as plants...fun fun.
Have a great night all all.
Peace, negative.

Sobergrower

Individually those are each on their own regards special. I know there is something special about the clone only. With that said, with my current interest, what are your thoughts about the genetic capacity of these three parents creating something similar (and hopefully special) through breeders efforts?

Peace.....SG

negative37dBA

Veteran
Individually those are each on their own regards special. I know there is something special about the clone only. With that said, with my current interest, what are your thoughts about the genetic capacity of these three parents creating something similar (and hopefully special) through breeders efforts?

Peace.....SG
I would say the chances of getting something good from breeding with this stock would be high. Kinda depends on your ability to source original material and then what kind of numbers could you run. Big numbers would mean a higher possibility of finding that 1 special keeper. So many way to cross them the possibilities are pretty mind bending... So many ways you could do things as well with reversing and all
Have a great night all.
Peace, negative.

First time any1's hands other than mine have been posted up here from my grow! Thanks to my lady.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Added a bit more light to the situation today. Love these HLG 65 watt boards I have, they rock!
I would normally run all this in my tent but to much work for me to set up right now so we are doing it this way...it works well enough. These little boards are so nice. I have 2 of them that run my tent and they do a great job. Love LED.
Clones are looking great today...they were a bit small but again my injury has really limited me in taking care of that mother. Small is fine, they will root. I have 100% confidence.
Room is nice and cool...about 70 and ph is 5.9 with about a .3 ec nute level. Let the pump run! Patience is the key to clones. I swear I used to look at them daily expecting something. Then was upset when I saw nothing. Now I just chill for a least 10 days before I even look for roots. I do change out the water at 7 days so a little sneak peak is had then...lol.:rtfo:
Day 2...hehe but who's counting.
gg4 dough g clones 4 day 2 - Copy.jpg

Hope your guys day is well. Hot and sunny here. Enjoying my deck with a fat bowl of the gg4
Here are a couple buds from the jar...woot woot! Dam Glue is sooo frosty!
gg4 last run buds day 70 - Copy.jpg

Have a great day all. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Looking for a little advice. Need something to provide me with some kind of pain relief. I don't take any hard pills. Have tried multiple natural things and man I just cant get a handle on it.
I hurt myself 8 months ago, 8 months and I have had pain EVERY single day since. Not just now and again...like a lot of time in pain. Of course have smoked and dabbed a ton but again it only helps so much. Any1 use anything they find effective? This long in pain has really worn on my brain. It gets to the point you feel like this is how its going to be forever.....Takes away a lot of quality of life...
Don't mean to have a negative tone to the post but I could use a couple ideas if you have any.
Thanks, negative.

pjlive

Hi all. Looking for a little advice. Need something to provide me with some kind of pain relief. I don't take any hard pills. Have tried multiple natural things and man I just cant get a handle on it.
I hurt myself 8 months ago, 8 months and I have had pain EVERY single day since. Not just now and again...like a lot of time in pain. Of course have smoked and dabbed a ton but again it only helps so much. Any1 use anything they find effective? This long in pain has really worn on my brain. It gets to the point you feel like this is how its going to be forever.....Takes away a lot of quality of life...
Don't mean to have a negative tone to the post but I could use a couple ideas if you have any.
Thanks, negative.
I think it really depends on what type of body pain you're having as far as cannabis help goes. Pains that can be somewhat alleviated by body relaxation seem respond best to cannabis consumption. But, there are an awful lot of strains I haven't tried that have claims to assist with different types of pain connected to the central nervous system.

My personal favorites for pain are: Many of the "Chems" like Chemdawg or Chem91, Stardawg can be included in that lineup, Headband is another one I find good for certain pains, and, for me, just about any good Hashplant with decent CBD/CBN levels can have excellent pain relieving properties if grown out properly.

There are so many strains for pain. But the ones above I can personally attest to.

Last edited:

Sobergrower

Hey Negative, have you looked into CBG? I have read interesting things about is ability to hit other receptors aside from the ones that THC strains do.

Hope you find some relief from the constant pain!

Peace….SG

negative37dBA

Veteran
Thanks for those replies guys....I am very limited in my strain selection availability. I don't have $ to spend on store weed and I have zero friends so no way to hook up other my own. I only have gg4 right now. I have lots of seeds but of course that is months away and I need some relief quicker than that...hehe.
I did use some gylcerene based concentrate that I made a while back. Its for putting on food and in drinks and such...it seemed to help some. I just rubbed a ton on my low back and I am having a better time sitting typing. That is nice. (y) :dance013:
Clones are looking good, just chugging along.
Have a great day guys. negative.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Thanks, negative.

Constant pain can really ruin your outlook on life.
I have found that setting goals and accomplishing them go a long way in keeping things in perspective.
Your posts don't come across as unfavorable at all. Keep your head up. Thanks for sharing
Sorry I have no strain suggestion.

peace joe

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Clone water was changed at day 8. I drop the Hormex I use and keep the pool shock and nutes that I normally use. It is day 12 today and they are starting to pop out roots...nice. Pretty much as expected. They always pop around day 14 and I let them go for at least another week in the cloner before moving them. No pictures atm. Injury is hurting a lot and just cannot do it right now...no bending over for me. I will have my lady get some over the weekend and put them up. Hope everyone is having a great day. ;)
Peace, negative.