What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG4 with some Dough G pollen for a few seeds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
so, straight fresh pollen into container w/ silica or something like the colour changing desiccant, then freeze like that?, or do you dry the pollen at all? cheers
I do the dry first ...let it sit out for a few days then go for the freezer in paper satchel inside a glass jar.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Great Saturday here! Took a few leaves off today as I defoil these plants a bit. Leaf heath looks great. Nice green color, no spots, no yellowing, no veins turning colors so yeah. I do have tip burn from week 2 and that wont go away...it's ugly but its small. I really tried to push them in those first 2 weeks with a EC of 1.5 and that's to much. So back to 1.0 EC and thing are looking well.
We are here at day 25 of flower. Bud sites are fully developed ans cruising! The several I hit with the pollen look different. Shriveled white hairs that are now brown/red....good signs the pollen did it's job. Pretty much done stretching....the Glue really legs it out! Golf balls on a string..lol.
Hitting a good 800+ PPFD across the canopy. I am managing the light output much differently now that I can measure it...I think it is making a big difference. In the past I would ramp it all the way to full and just go for it. Not the best idea. Taking it more easy on them trying to keep light levels in line with what the plants are capable of in my room. Been doing the nutes a bit diff as well. Harder on the P and K early with some upped levels of cal mag. I have the greenest stems I have had on the Glue since I started under LED's
We got frost busting out everywhere here and not because it is late October...lol. Plants are putting on the trichs nicely!! Love to see that. First noticed them at about day 20-21. Numbers are just rock solid. EC 1.0, Ph 6.0 and water temp 68F. Room air temps still staying high at around 80 max. I came down a bit from that 88 they were hitting earlier. I just feel like that's to hot. The thing is what I feel like and what the plants tell me are 2 diff things. They did nothing but love it so I may bump it back up. I always thought that with that kind of temps and you needed added co2 to make things work right?? No worries tho.
Some pics day 25 flower. GG4 clone only.
IMG_7222 - Copy.JPG IMG_7227 - Copy.JPG IMG_7231 - Copy.JPG
Got the underside all cleaned up finally, been picking at it day by day.
IMG_7236 - Copy.JPG
gg4 dough g week 4 flower - Copy.jpg

Liking the way things are looking!
Have a great Saturday all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Couple close ups from day 27 flower GG4 clone only.
Love it how the stems frost up so much...this strain is a fing trich monster....and not just that. It rips you and has a nice complex high that lasts. It's just a win, win, win!
gg4 dough g frost 1 - Copy.jpg

Below you can see what a seeded bud looks like compared to not in the upper photo.
gg4 dough g sseeded bud 1 - Copy.jpg

Hit several branches on day 21 with Dough G pollen from Ocean Grown. A did a BIG pollen run last run....3 full size males spewed all over my room..lol. Collected a lot of it for future use. First cross is this one.
GG4 clone only (F) x Dough G.(M). Still need a name by the way...throw out your suggestions please. I may do a poll at the end to let the community pick a winning name.
Peace all, negative.

Here is a bud from the last run that was 30" from the light when harvested...mmmmm. LED rocks:headbange
gg4 day 61 close up 30 away from lights - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Me finding out that the JCGoo in the tent from seed is a FEMALE!!
ronnie cray dance.gif

Hells yeah! Love it when 12 year old seeds just blow up and are so healthy...
jcgoo 2nd attempt - Copy.jpg

IMG_7260 - Copy.JPG IMG_7264 - Copy.JPG IMG_7266 - Copy.JPG
Shes sexy and bushy with some fatty leaves, just a touch of Indica in there..hehe.
JCGoo female from seed made by me. Seeds 12 years in storage. This is most likely my next run...single pant.
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Thanks for checking in. Before I start the update would like to ask you all to take a look at this competition thread please.
https://www.icmag.com/threads/post-your-fav-flowers-competition.18124536/
I would appreciate a up vote if you like my photos, they are on page 2 halfway down. The contest ends next week and am in the lead. Pretty stoked as I have never won a thing in the grow game... Also the prize is Glue cross seeds so could not be better for a HUGE fan/grower of the Glue here. Appreciate the support guys!

Ok week 5 update...woot woot! Sailing smoothly through the big sea of buds sites......No issues, no problems, no worry. Numbers are rock solid, not even using my Ph doser this run...no need to. Leaf health is the best I have under had at this stage under LED. I have a touch of some wind burn on fan leaves close to my fan...I need to position it higher. No big deal tho. Frost is everywhere. the glue NEVER lets you down. Even the undersides of the smaller fans are getting coated up.... :sasmokin:
Not the best photo's this am but hey that's not what I do.
GG4 clone only. RDWC under LED.
day 32 gg4 dough g run - Copy.jpg

GG4 seeded bud from a Dough G male(Ocean Grown)
IMG_7300 - Copy.JPG

From what I see the pollen was viable and seeds are forming....:love: I made something NEW!!!! Cool feeling.
Thick as per usual.....lol The only ladies I like thick are my plants.
IMG_7298 - Copy.JPG
I finally got LED growing figured out, mostly. Took me a year!
Keys for me.
Heat in room up. I have hit 88 at times and the plants do nothing but love it, no Co2.
Manage PPFD. Give them what you environment will let them use...too much and your asking for issues.
Nutrients. I changed the composition at certain times. Helped for sure.
Those 3 things and I have seen huge changes from my first 4 grows under LED. I know I am slow to change from old ways.
Have a great day all. Gaming, coffee and some dabs of fresh pressed glue. woot!
Peace, negative.

Last edited:

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi. We are at day 40. Plants doing well.
Short update kinda, well not kinda but totally bummed out today. I lost the picture competition by 1 vote on the last day, A vote by a guy that's been on 3 weeks decided it...yeah that hurt bad. I have been here 12 years...... Come in SECOND twice now. Nothing for second except pain. Never won a dam thing in the grow game and I really though so hard that this would be my shot. I was in the lead all month till the last couple hours...wow. Was really looking forward to trying some of those glue crosses....words cant express..
Have a good day all...link to pic comp.
https://www.icmag.com/threads/post-your-fav-flowers-competition.18124536/

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ok wow so lets start with some great news!! Since I took second in the UKseeds pic contest they reached out to me and offered to send me a pack for my efforts. I was floored...first time I have ever gotten anything in the grow game...very excited. Going to send me a pack of the Killer Glue.. ak47 x gg4 fems..hell yeah!! So that will be upcoming in a future grow soon. Congrats to Cloneman for some gr8 pictures that won.

Ok on to the grow.

Day 47 here. So nearly end week 7. Rolling in the frost. Light levels up top around 900. Interesting note and I have seen this before. Lower buds are very big and solid as well as tops. I love how LED really fattens up what normally may be larf...so nice. I can certainly see seed development in the tops I hit. Having to yoyo a few as the second trellis never got installed.
Running at .8 to .9 EC. Ph is around 5.8. Leaf health on all but the highest tops is the best I have had under LED. The highest ones getting over 900 PPFD and some wind are showing some defs. No biggie. This is not the most even canopy I have done. Water change today. The water has been so clear when I change it. I do believe the Revitalize is doing its job well. Also starting with high quality water is key.
Some pics. they really dont do it justice. I am lacking on taking good photos lately.
The smell has started to smack you in the face hard when you open the door and they are very covered in trichomes. Probably start backing off on the nutes. I have a water change tonight so gonna drop to around .7 EC. Taper of as we get closer to the end. From my experience it will go around 9 to 10 weeks.
A few so so pics of week 7. GG4 clone only.
IMG_7365 - Copy.JPG IMG_7367 - Copy.JPG IMG_7375 - Copy.JPG
That second bud is a seeded 1. You can actually see a couple poking out if you look close. So excited to see what this cross will bring. I had seeded about 7 branches with Dough G pollen so yeah.
Have a great day all...see you at week 8 end!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Day 53 here, basically end week 8. Brought nute levels down to about .5 ec with this last water change. Things are frosty as heck with bulbous trichome heads abundant. Some just starting to turn a bit...she is a 10 weeker. Fattening up and falling over a bit.....Cruise on into week 9 in style over here.....
Gonna pop off a couple low buds this week as a tester. The stank is basically outta control can just start to smell it through a pretty fresh can 30. Glad I live in the nowhere lands.
Day 53. GG4 clone only. Jacks and RDWC. Pics are just so so. Buds are not....
gg4 dough g week 8 - Copy.jpg

Got to love LED...this bud is 46" from the light and at the very edge of the room, not in the center. Way down low below that fan in the picture..haha.
day 53 gg4 dough g - Copy.jpg

Yes I burnt the tips back in week 2-3 but it stays the whole time, no biggie..live and learn.
Have a great night all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. So I woke up to something I have not encountered before. Yesterday plants looked fine, this am 1 plant is looking basically dead. Like it did not get watered. Water chemistry is fine, other plant is fine, pump is good air is good chiller is good temps are good...wtf. All leaves have fell to the sides completely limp. Its like it just said fuck it im out....no idea why. Changed out water on Sat or Sun to just Final Phase nothing else. Ph went up to 6.5 but no biggie....
Ideas?
gg4 dough pollen problem 1 - Copy.jpg

Gonna pull it tonight if it does not turn around.....
Thanks, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Ok.....so went ahead and pulled PART of the one plant that's dead...only part of it is....more confusion for me. The other 2/3rd of it is fine and the 2nd plant is fine to....wth.
Poked around for some seeds on the 3 branches. Yep looking good here. Yeah brought something new into this world.....
GG4 clone only 8 wk seeded buds. Male Dough G pollen was used.
IMG_7465 - Copy.JPG IMG_7460 - Copy.JPG
Yet to be named new strain seeds GG4 x Dough G.
IMG_7477 - Copy.JPG

Looking good. This was from 1 little part of 1 small bud. Gonna have plenty. I did 5 branches of it.
Other 1.5 plants are still on the grind till the end. Prolly do a bit of a autopsy if you will when I can get a better look at stem and roots..
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Think I have a couple ideas on the part of a plant dying. I was hurt all this run if you do not know. I was only able to get 1 trellis in and it got way outta control. The Glue is a flopper to begin with and it bent a lot of branches over when it got heavy. Some of those got kinked and bent. Cut of any flow of water to those areas. Hence the look of no water. Also the plant on the right has bigger stronger stems and bent over less. No kinking. Not really going to affect anything as we were already at end week 8. Trichs are not as cloudy as I may like on those few stems that got killed but no biggie. The rest is moving along fine. Another 10 days or so and we are done.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Day 62. The end is near....fading hard and whitening up. This thread going on about tricomes under LED not producing heads is absolute bullshit. Wish I could do some macro photos of this run....bulbous heads everywhere.....Been running just water and final phase for the last week. Change out to pure water today. Be chopping the rest late this week.
GG4 clone only End week 9. This is a low bud like 24" down
gg4 dough g end week 9 1 - Copy.jpg
Love the way those stems trich up
gg4 dough g end week 9 - Copy.jpg
Special thanks to my 1 and only helper ever......my girl. The only shot I have of her working in the room....without her this grow would not have happened!!
gg4 dough g seedling cleaning 3 - Copy.jpg
Looking forward to pulling these this week and getting ready for the JCGoo to go in. Already smoking on some of the first buds that were pulled off. Yummy as hell. Great effect for a bit of a early pull. Have already pulled at least 25 seeds from a couple buds...pollen was viable and a complete success. I mean I am sure they will germinate by the looks of them. Have not done any yet as it will be a couple runs before I can get to them.
Have the JCGoo coming next then another round of the Glue. That's when I got decisions to make. Run the Killer Glue that I won in a contest or the cross I just made this run.... fun times for me!!
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Timber!!!! Took most of the run today...day 66. Flopping everywhere and frosty. Not my best managed run by a long run but I have some real great quality. Time to clean the room and reset.
GG4 clone only day 66.
IMG_7500 - Copy.JPG IMG_7499 - Copy.JPG
I had some of the seeded branches drying for almost a week now. They are ready to get the seeds out. Still have a couple more branches drying. Prob did to much for my needs but that's ok. I will end up with a few hundred I am sure.
GG4 clone only X Dough G seeded branches.
IMG_7508 - Copy.JPG
Have a great day all!
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
De-branched the seeded buds today. Just about dry enough to sift. Gonna do a dry sift to get those nice trichs that are everywhere. Will be easy to separate the seeds that way to. Even the seeded buds came out so frosty.
GG4 clone only seeded buds. Went about 56 days with these.
gg4 dough g seeded buds ready to sift - Copy.jpg

Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Here is a example of what the seeds are looking like.
IMG_7519 - Copy.JPG
I got my prize for the photo contest a couple days back. Nice mood mat was included.
IMG_7521 - Copy.JPG IMG_7520 - Copy.JPG IMG_7524 - Copy.JPG
IMG_7527 - Copy.JPG
Here is a close up of the female seeds. Mine from this run are on the bottom.
IMG_7529 - Copy.JPG

Super happy to have gotten this. Couple of things I noted. The way this is packaged way to easy to remove original beans and put in anything you want with no way of knowing.....???? No seals, no tamper stuff nothing.....The tiny little piece of tape put around the wood looked to have been reused or removed at some point???? That tiny little "seal", a piece of tape put around the wood container, is not enough at all.
I do appreciate the gifts and hope you take the critique constructively.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hi all. Grow is over, moving on to another run. Clean up is in full swing and the drying is happening. First samples of buds taken at around day 60 are very POSITIVE. Hits hard as hell and after a few its time for the couch or some chill gaming. Stinks to high heaven and my filter is overwelmed...gas, gas, gas.
Gonna rock just 1 plant this go. A JCGoo made by me. A nice mix of some good meds including afgooey. Hoping it will be worthy of being a keeper. Not going to do a diary on this one. Maybe do a strain report when it is done. Was VERY succesfull in getting seeds from this run..they are fully mature, dark and nicely stripped...almost all of them are that way...nice.
Still working on a strain name for this mix of GG4 clone only X Dough G. By the time I put up some finished shots and a final smoke report I will have a name.
I wanted to do a poll for the name so we could get some more ideas and let the community vote. My thread doesn't get much views tho so I will probably pick the name myself.
Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Gas, gas and some more gas...lets fucking goooo! I thought the old jar label was appropriate....
GG4 clone only...there is no imitation....taken on day 65. RDWC with Jacks under 630 watts of high end LED.
IMG_7530 - Copy.JPG

It packs a punch. Really wish this was available to the masses in seed form...it needs a resurgence it's that good. Heavy with good pain relief. If you are seasoned you can still get stuff done but at some point you go down....to the couch. Smell is ridiculous....so gassy no bag will contain it. Jars only. If you crack this it will bring attention from across the room for sure. They should have named it Fuelville...off to smoke more I am.
Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
So gonna wrap this up today....
Great grow for me to get back from hurting....turned out excellent. 2 plants in this room is plenty. Glue still kicks ass!! Gonna grow JCGoo this run then back to the Glue....again..lol.
Got a good yield...will hold me over till next run is done. JCGoo is a beast already at 3 feet tall and bushy as hell...27 tops if I counted right..lol.
Peace out everyone who followed along and thanks for the inputs and coversation. Seeds are being seperated and they look great, fully happy with that. GG4 X Dough G...gonna name it GorillaDough 4.
GG4 clone only. Went 65 days. Full gas and hard hitting. RDWC, Jacks and LED.
IMG_7535 - Copy.JPG IMG_7539 - Copy.JPG
Still got 1 a partial bucket to buck up....
IMG_7543 - Copy.JPG
Have a great winter....
negative.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts