What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Busy Growin' or Get Busy Buyin' II

vangaurd

Hey guys if you have a chick-fil-a near you all you have to do is ask the manager for their pickle buckets. They ususally have a stack of them because they go through them so fast. they are 5 gallon and hunter green. Just got 15 for free...

5th

Veteran
lol...I was gonna mention something earlier...but I was high n' figured good advice is good advice...no matter where its posted.

Pics? ok then...

I saw some fucker dying in the first set of tubes over a week ago...thought I over fert'ed...but the rest were healthy as fuck.

Gave it a tug last night n' she popped right out. Fairly clear break...I think I fucked it when I was "organizing" buds around the bulb last week..

Its dry, it's harsh, its sticky, and it gets me really fuckin' stoned :) Todays day 45 ...I'm pretty sure...gonna order a 30x magnifier tomorrow....

...after I get the wiring sorted, timers sorted, res done up...fucking everything actually. Only thing keeping them girls flowering for tonight will be a 42w CFL.

Right now its Miller time....

Stay frosty :tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
lol... I always go back and find dead dried out branches and smoke em... I don't take premature samples anymore like a newb, but I mean if it's there staring you in the face... Dried out and ready to roll... :biglaugh:

I love your clones! I wish I could aero-clone... I've gotta stick to the more traditional methods... Can't wait to see this new room take off!

5th

Veteran
Hell brother...I can't remember what ones are even the back ups anymore...aero cloner holds 90 or 99...then I throw 50 into soil....then the rest in the bubbler....they all root the same speed...regardless of medium...I'm just lucky I guess.

The new room is gonna be something completely fucked. Gonna take what I learned from the first one and apply it...NO popcorn...nothing but cola.

Not to sound like an asshole, but I'm glad to hear about your hardships. It's like you mentioned earlier, the "top" growers seem not to mention how they got there. But you have nothing to prove n' nothing to hide. It's refreshing and admirable. It's growers like yourself and a few others that make this place worth sticking around. lol....drinking always makes me a blabbermouth...with a shit ton of typo's I'm constantly fixing...

As always, thanks for comin' by n' good luck with the drain to waste...you know we'll be watching.

gurnt

my hat off to you if you can trim that many plants but it must fell good to have 50 clones to pick from

D

DHF

Gotta love the fishbone roots aero/bubble cloners provide....Certainly 1 killer way ta provide mega cuts for the beast , and since they`ll go in netpots with the lil clay balls in the flooded tubes , they most likely don`t experience transplant/lumen shock once put in the bloom rooms...or do they......anyways...

Lookin good 5th....perpetual is as perpetual does.....

Think about wrappin them tubes with reflectix in the future Bro.....for that matter everything that ain`t green cuz pandafilm don`t compare....

Wrappin the tubes adds insulation and reflection to keep rootzones cooler ftw and somethin yas need ta put in the budget for future runs....

Pandafilm`s ok but reflectix bounces lumens all round the room catchin all the shady spots the plants won`t ever absorb without it.....

Just tryin ta help.....DHF.....:ying:.....

5th

Veteran
my hat off to you if you can trim that many plants but it must fell good to have 50 clones to pick from

Thanks for poppin' by gurnt. I'm dreading the shit show that is going to be trimming that OG up. Waaaay to much small popcorn bud everywhere. This new grow will be more trim friendly I reckon.

...And I think that should read 200+ clones ma man.

Yeah Fred I didn't realize I blew the reflectix budget on the first room...
The shit I bought was double sided...didn't find out until later they make a cheaper vesion with one side thats white....or every square inch would be covered in it...ahh the learning experience.

As far as shock goes...I've never seen any signs of it in any hydro project I do...and you know me...I like to fuck around.

I've got a few hundred feet of aluminium tape laying around...maybe I'll brighten up those tubes one of these days. :tiphat:

gurnt

It's seam that after you get cloning dialed in you can drop a dead leaf on the grown and it will have roots 2 day latter LOL

5th

Veteran
Well the bad news is I'll be flushing on March 1st and choppin' on March 10th.

The badder news is I won't be cutting clones to refill the rig.

The baddest news is I might have to shut both rooms down for the month of March...lol...fuck me.

Going to have alot of degenerate shit bags (inlaws) roaming around my house in March to see the new baby. And as you all know, security for our lil' hobby is always a priority.

The good news is I'll be able to do an overhaul on my HVAC. I've been exhausting the hot air from the grow spots into the main room...when I should be venting it into the existing ductwork ...wonder why the fuck I didn't do that in the first place....anyways....

...the new rig only holds 57 plants...so I'm going to atleast double that...

I've had an idea for a propagation area on the back burner for the past few months...might aswell build that...because once the coast is clear....n' I feel safe growing again... I'll be flowering both rooms, 200+ clones.

Anybody got any suggestions for my 10 day flush? All I can think of was to just use icewater for the last 5 or so days. :tiphat:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Bummer man but maybe the time off will help you think up some new ideas and get a plan of action. Looking forward to it.

Stay Up
HGO

5th

Veteran
I'm with you on that bro. It's good to take a step back once ina while n' look at the big picture. Tweak shit that needs to be tweaked n' whatnot.

Fuckin' shame though...some kush is the size of beer cans...and a few more weeks woulda made me a happy lil' fucker.

D

DHF

Oh well....It is what it is....He who grows and walks away , lives to grow another day....

Safety and freedom mean everything when yas don`t live in Medville....

Heath nor I`ve never flushed a plant in our lives in any fast hydro setup we ever ran , and since yas gotta yank em early anyways just drop your ppm`s down every lights on cycle till they`re within decent tapwater levels and let a decent dry and cure take care of the rest....IOW....

Whatever ppm`s yas`re runnin divide it by 10 and drop ppm`s that much or lil more each day till all the residual juice/nitrogen is leached out of em by the time yas gotta chop em....this way....

They`ll keep swellin while cannibalizin themselves of all stored nutes....

Never done that icewater shock thingy....saw medman talk about it in his thread but not sure bout the details and benefits...anyways....

Good luck on the next setup....I`ll be on my bucket waitin....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

5th

Veteran
...well then...
During breakfast this morning it became quite clear who wears the pants around here....and it ain't me. She says we grow on...so we grow on.

Heath nor I`ve never flushed a plant in our lives in any fast hydro setup we ever ran , and since yas gotta yank em early anyways just drop your ppm`s down every lights on cycle till they`re within decent tapwater levels and let a decent dry and cure take care of the rest....IOW....

Whatever ppm`s yas`re runnin divide it by 10 and drop ppm`s that much or lil more each day till all the residual juice/nitrogen is leached out of em by the time yas gotta chop em....this way....

They`ll keep swellin while cannibalizin themselves of all stored nutes....

I've never heard of that, but I am game to try it when the time comes. :tiphat:

D

DHF

If you`re gonna finish em just start toppin off with R/O last week or so till ppms drop as I talked about earlier....simple....babyshit.....

Good luck and be careful.....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

5th

Veteran
Ha, thanks. Luckily I ain't much of a sleeper anyhow....one of the reasons I decided to run two rooms...so I always have something to do during these odd hours. :tiphat:

5th

Veteran
Day 54

Day 54

Well my jewelers loupe hasn't come in, so I borrowed one. 50/50 clear n' cloudy...which I thought was a lil' odd for only 54 days...

...so fuck it...down they come :)

5th

Veteran
More popcorn then the floor at the late night movie. Will not be an issue next run as I'm remembering how much of a pain in the ass it is. The plus side to that is my hash/BHO pile is gonna be fuckin' huge.

As far as I'm concerned the OG Kush was the better plant....and I'm glad I saved a cut n' made a mini mom outta it.

Few pics of the good, the bad, n' the ugly....

In my particular rig, with all things being equal,...14-18 inch bud sticks is what I'll be aiming for next round...