What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Busy Growin' or Get Busy Buyin' II

5th

Veteran
Yeah it wasn't the plants...it was my own damn eyes...saw how good it looked when I set those bulbs one on top o' the other n' it became crystal clear what need to be done...

The 400's I was hoping to trade for isn't gonna happen...nothing on craigslist or kijiji yet...but I'ma looking...

Ditch the dirt, get some coco.

Ha...never gonna happen bro. :tiphat:

5th

Veteran
Update part deux...

Update part deux...

Well well....the 3rd 400 should be dropped off next weekend I hear...

....my 3 bulb configuration will consist of an HPS, over a MH...over another HPS...might get a conversion bulb...might not...

Anyone know what the white things attatched to the sockets are for? :tiphat:

D

DHF

Well well....the 3rd 400 should be dropped off next weekend I hear...

....my 3 bulb configuration will consist of an HPS, over a MH...over another HPS...might get a conversion bulb...might not...

Anyone know what the white things attatched to the sockets are for? :tiphat:
LMAO....yeah....that`s bout all reflectors are worth.....ashtray status.....but....

I`m predjudiced....anyways...Good call on more even lumen distribution that the plants can grow closer to without fear of scorching/bleaching.....to an extent....now....

No fan under the bulbs creatin that column of air to circulate room volume and help control RH ?..always worked for me.....and...

Nothin wrong with 76 degree lights on temps Bro....didn`t know yas needed a/c....

Dirt room and water room.....Can we say conflicted ?...and yeah...PITA to maintain different environments with different setups and needs.....

Keep the RH down lights off or suffer in late bloomage Bro , but I know you`ll take care of it........

Peace....DHF....:ying:...

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
Yeah man, if I were using a tent or something I'd use the fan to blow that slow, steady stream of air up...but I took the fan out to clean it...hit some bowls n' beers with the boys in the garage...came back in to notice temps had dropped with the fan off.

Kept the fan out.

Went in yesterday n' the temps were still lower then usual.

See I'm kinda fucked...we'll ok thats a given...but this room is fucked as well. Sparkie's would have my head if they knew how I was runnin' the AC n' huey's lol.

I've minimum Amperage to work with...I'm talking barbones type shit...this house is a rental...and was built just for that reason...meaning they cheaped out on everything.

I can either shut all but one room down and get it dialed....or work on the skills you folks are teachin' me until I move into a place that will allow me to achieve ELITE MODE dialage...(eat your heart out mega)

My way of thinkin' here is that, this is just a warm up for the big game...

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Hey 5th, been lurking. Did you have the fan set on low? Same shit with me, till I realized the fans were on high, and just pushing the hot air all over the place. Anyways, things are looking great homey. Keep it green.

aod

D

DHF

Hey 5th, been lurking. Did you have the fan set on low? Same shit with me, till I realized the fans were on high, and just pushing the hot air all over the place. Anyways, things are looking great homey. Keep it green.

aod
Thought I asked that........never saw temps come down from doin away with the fan .....except..... maybe it was set too high and bouncin excess heat all round the room before being exhausted....dunno......

Many waysta fuck a mule.....always eager and willin ta learn....

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

5th

Veteran
Hey guys, I tried different combo's.

A six inch fan n' a sixteen inch fan.
Tired them both on low, medium, n' high ...heh heh
Used duct reducer as an infuser and defuser.

And hands down, in my particular enviroment...no fan was the winner.

Seems even on low speed all the fans were doing was blowing the hot air from the lamps around the room instead of to the ceiling for extraction.

The one test I was going to do but didn't, was to have one fan blowing up from the bottom while another was oscillating...from the side...then I realised...running two fans for no reason is just plain stupid...

5th

Veteran
:tiphat:

Was in the tube room pluckin' leaves yesterday n' today...there is a definate frost warning in my grow room. ....see I knew typing it wouldn't sound as good as me thinking it....but I'm pretty stoned so most things are funny right now.

I'm not gonna bother with weekly updates...shits moving along to quickly for that...not to mention I bore easily...

I was gonna drop the lights down a few inches...but instead I'm gonna try to add another 400w and try not blow any breakers...I'll be back...

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Hey guys, I tried different combo's.

A six inch fan n' a sixteen inch fan.
Tired them both on low, medium, n' high ...heh heh
Used duct reducer as an infuser and defuser.

And hands down, in my particular enviroment...no fan was the winner.

Seems even on low speed all the fans were doing was blowing the hot air from the lamps around the room instead of to the ceiling for extraction.

The one test I was going to do but didn't, was to have one fan blowing up from the bottom while another was oscillating...from the side...then I realised...running two fans for no reason is just plain stupid...
I have been thinking of tweaking my setup as well. My temps with lights on are 70-74, I would like to bring that up 3-4 degrees. I am going to turn off my 6" fans below the light and clear my hygrometer memory, and see what the highs and lows are.
Looking good in there!

5th

Veteran
Thanks Arminius,

I went n' stuck my 6" fan back under there...yes it's warming the grow area...but so are both ballasts lol. Reason being, I went in to put up a few bambo shoots up to keep the buds from touching the light...and all the support gear for the bulbs was hot as fuck. I used to be able to touch it and it was hardly warm...gonna check the temps again of the rigging when the lights come on.

Forgot about these bad girls....

The top row was six unrooted cuts, and there almost on track with the 6 rooted ones the tier below.

The moms I'll be flowering soon, OG Kush ina back, BBxNL in the front.

And of course the group shot...

Cut 2/3's of the rootball off of the Kush....had to...couldn't take the top off with the roots encompassing the airstone.

Fucking with those moms is getting to be a real pain in the ass. Was thinking a 2 bucket RDWC with them to make life easier...anybody got any other suggestions?

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Thanks Arminius,

I went n' stuck my 6" fan back under there...yes it's warming the grow area...but so are both ballasts lol. Reason being, I went in to put up a few bambo shoots up to keep the buds from touching the light...and all the support gear for the bulbs was hot as fuck. I used to be able to touch it and it was hardly warm...gonna check the temps again of the rigging when the lights come on.

Forgot about these bad girls....

The top row was six unrooted cuts, and there almost on track with the 6 rooted ones the tier below.

The moms I'll be flowering soon, OG Kush ina back, BBxNL in the front.

And of course the group shot...

Cut 2/3's of the rootball off of the Kush....had to...couldn't take the top off with the roots encompassing the airstone.

Fucking with those moms is getting to be a real pain in the ass. Was thinking a 2 bucket RDWC with them to make life easier...anybody got any other suggestions?
My very short-lived experience with DWC mothers, was just that short-lived. The growth rate was out of control, and I had to flower them out. I am going to try bonsai mothers, since I only need 8-10 cuts for each donut.
Going to have to put my fans back on as well, temps were mid 80s last night, just have to keep them on low I guess...

5th

Veteran
Yeah my temp is 78F, rigging n' such is now cool to the touch again...lol...I'll just drop the AC another degree n' life will be cherry again.

420ish

i just chop alot of growth off my moms after the cuttings root.by the time i need more they have grown back.i dont take everything i just cut the big spread and the tops.

5th

Veteran
I can pull 300 clones off the OG mom...thats not really the problem.

The problem is when I put it into flower next week its going to stretch...and I mean fuckin' stretch.

Thats day 1 of flower

Thats after stretch...

Granted I'll be cutting alot of it off to concentrate on main cola's...but it's gonna be a monster...the kinda monster I don't want to have to take out of the flower room every three days to refill the bucket.

Might just stick some clear hose into the side to use as a gauge...and pour into the top...dirty...but it should work...

Only concern with RDWC is roots cloggin' the out take lines...