What's new

Get Baked and Go Fishing

A

arcticsun

Hey sun, I think what you have are the sea run brown trout. They look more like that than steelhead in my opinion from the spotting patterns. Very, very nice fish you got there. Dude, you keep posting pics of fish like that and I'll be coming to your area to fish some way somehow...If i'm allowed out of the US anymore...lol

I could be wrong, but don't think so. Heres some pics of the steelhead i fish for here... You'll see the diff.

pic 1 is a close up of a steelhead(rainbow trout). The spotting on the fish is much different than your sea trout. Thats why i'm thinking you have sea run brown trout.

pic 2 steelhead

pic 3 steelhead

pic 4 brown trout(lake run)

lovely fish all of them :D

you are right its sea run brown trout :yes: good call mate :D

A

arcticsun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmgU8zRoHDA

3 of my friends went hiking to a mountain lake yesterday, they were not clothded for more then a daytrip. i didnt bother to join because the weather in the mountains is too bad atm.

now they didnt get back yet, i cant get a hold of them on their cellphones and its foggy in the mountains.

fk if they are not back by tonite ill have to go after them :mad: luckily we have the night time sun here so it doesnt get dark, but its foggy so its fkn dangerous. there are cliffs everywhere.

im abit worried, these guys arent the most mountain savvy, but it could be that they ran into some fish and descided to stay.

wish them back for me willya, 24 hours up there is enough without serious gear.

A

arcticsun

just got a call from them... the assholes ran out of alcohol and are heading home ... just to get more booze lol

fkn hillbillys! :D

apparently they didnt catch any trout, but they broke a fishing pole the drunktards... hope it wasnt one of mine :D

I

idoreallytry

just got a call from them... the assholes ran out of alcohol and are heading home ... just to get more booze lol

fkn hillbillys! :D

apparently they didnt catch any trout, but they broke a fishing pole the drunktards... hope it wasnt one of mine :D

i remember one time when we were young me and 3 friends took 6 bottles of homemade wine from his dads cellar and went out in the field in winter and built a lil fire,,,well the next thing we remember is we were all being helped on the wagon early the next morning drunk as hell and about frozen to death lol,,,a lock went up on the cellar door the next day hahahahahaha,,,sounds like a good time your buddies had,,,peace

A

arcticsun

hahaha idoreallytry. sounds like a country good time mate :D

i had the crew drop by for more drrankk as they say and they hit me up for about 10 bowls of my strawberry smile :D and a bag of some indica bud (DMT)

im watching my dads puppy atm he is not used to 5 fishing poles waving all over the place so i didnt bother to go with them. i took a short trip with the rod last nite with the dog.. he just really wanted to chase the lure, we gotta train more on that before i can bring him with me on real hikes.

i took some pics, ill upload today :D

we are having the first real major mosquito hatching this weekend with a warm front that is coming through here. its THE weekend of the year for the fly fishing enthusiasts right now :D

I

idoreallytry

yeah we were ignorant shits, silly billies we were,,,hahahahaha,,,peace

Easygrowing

Veteran
Hi all smokers

I like too Chill in my Kayak and take some Trout at my fly,es

Lot,s of fun her in Denmark

Peace and weed :yoinks:

A

arcticsun

im not catching any trout atm... its just too damn cold. the weather is too bad for mountain hiking to the lakes. and the damn sea trout is NOT agreeing with me at all this year..

i did another trip last nite.. spent 6 hours in the biting cold winds with the rain just whipping me.

was just too much wind and rain, too much disturbance in the water so its impossible to spot them. you cant even see when they surface.

im becoming increasingly frustrated tbh, its not normal to be without a catch so late in june.

salmon rivers opened the 15th of june, TODAY!! but im not feeling it atm, just too cold. they had an ok start of the season, theres abit of salmon in the rivers but they are flooded with alot of water atm and hard to fish.

so... im an unhappy angler atm, im considering going out again right now, but im really not feeling after a week of freezing my ass of not catching anything. (seatrout that is hehe) i catch loads of non-pelagic fish, but thats not my game

NoSaint

Can you guys fish live bait, egg sacks etc on your rivers? Or is it a big fly fishing regulated type fishery?

High water trout and salmon fishing puts them right on the bank. Almost easier unless the was is super high.(sometimes)

im not catching any trout atm... its just too damn cold. the weather is too bad for mountain hiking to the lakes. and the damn sea trout is NOT agreeing with me at all this year..

i did another trip last nite.. spent 6 hours in the biting cold winds with the rain just whipping me.

was just too much wind and rain, too much disturbance in the water so its impossible to spot them. you cant even see when they surface.

im becoming increasingly frustrated tbh, its not normal to be without a catch so late in june.

salmon rivers opened the 15th of june, TODAY!! but im not feeling it atm, just too cold. they had an ok start of the season, theres abit of salmon in the rivers but they are flooded with alot of water atm and hard to fish.

so... im an unhappy angler atm, im considering going out again right now, but im really not feeling after a week of freezing my ass of not catching anything. (seatrout that is hehe) i catch loads of non-pelagic fish, but thats not my game

A

arcticsun

Can you guys fish live bait, egg sacks etc on your rivers? Or is it a big fly fishing regulated type fishery?

High water trout and salmon fishing puts them right on the bank. Almost easier unless the was is super high.(sometimes)

well the biggest rivers are regulated and quite strictly enforced in season so no live bait for the big salmon. A coupple of them run as some of the most expencive fishing spots in the world.. highly exclusive, bigshots from all over the world come here. the river "Maalselv", river "Tana", and river "Alta" are major waterways that compete with eachother for the world record for largest atlantic salmon every year. over 20kgs/50 pounds is normal in many rivers here. do a youtube search on either of those 3 and you will see loads of hits. here is one of a local bringin in a 50 pounder in the river "Alta".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2arq6hyLmU

every now and again i get invited to go and fish in these rivers by locals i get to know. usually it requires a riverboat and a locally known "rower" to row the boat safely because the rivers are so wild and large.

but there are quite a few smaller unregulated rivers, little secrets here and there where noone but the govt owns and noone is enforcing regulations.

personally i prefer the smaller more secluded rivers, i dont like people looking over my shoulder when im out fishing. i much prefer to privately enjoy my toke and do as i please ofc hehe.

it is supposed to turn for the better on thursday, and then for the worse again come sunday.. sigh.. so we might get 3 days of good fishing this weekend. im not sure what we will be going for, there was talk the other day about going to a salmon river which can only be reached by boat. its a medium sized river with medium sized fish, but good chance of hooking more then one.

but that depends on several stoners lol so we will see, if not, and we get quiet seas. i might go spotting for that school of seatrout again.

HookaHittaH

You are lucky to be able to fish for salmon. Our government here messed up the eco system by pumping too much water out of the river, damning up rivers, and a number of other problems. The salmon population is almost extinct. I'm pretty sure the season will be closed again this year... Just puts more fishing pressure on all the other species which in turn makes their numbers go down too... Lets Pray for better fishing days ahead...

A

arcticsun

You are lucky to be able to fish for salmon. Our government here messed up the eco system by pumping too much water out of the river, damning up rivers, and a number of other problems. The salmon population is almost extinct. I'm pretty sure the season will be closed again this year... Just puts more fishing pressure on all the other species which in turn makes their numbers go down too... Lets Pray for better fishing days ahead...

im sorry to say that is going on still, its happening here right now, more fish factorys in vulnerable salmon fjords and more dam(n)s the rivers.. ALL THE DAMN TIME, EVERY YEAR!

help protect this unique and most vulnerable ecosystem on earth, learn something about north norway, the north cape of europe and about the oil drilling they are planning in the central spawning grounds of the atlantic cod and the destruction of this place.

they are preaching global warming and protect the arctic like never before but they are rampaging and destroying more then ever. they are trying to kill off independent food supply and make people move into the cities. that means the salmon and the cod has to go! everything else goes with it.

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article2530187.ece

we want this place on UNESCO's world heritage list now.. and fast before it all goes to shit! please look into it, i wish there was some international pressure on this subject like there was on the ridiculous whaling issue. this is a million times worse then 5 norwegian whaling boats!

that whole thing was just about giving us bad publicity to make us look like savages while we are really nature people who live off and depend on nature and respect it more then most people can understand. setting us up to mowe us down!

the fisheries are under intence pressure by the big business, and we are feeling the heat.

luckily for the world, us northerners are the most stubborn assholes anywhere, if not we wouldnt have settled here. so we are definately up for a fight. come hell and stormy weather!

WWF said:
Natural paradise

The Lofoten islands are a large group of islands off the North West coast of Norway.

The islands rely on fishing and tourism

They are home to the world's largest cod and herring stocks, shoals of sperm and killer whales and extensive sea bird colonies.

The waters also contain the world's biggest cold water coral reef, which was discovered and protected only last year.

"The marine environment of the Lofoten Islands is one of the most wildlife-rich areas in the world," says Dr Simon Walmsley, senior marine policy officer for WWF-UK.

"Oil drilling there would destroy this unique cold water habitat, and it will not even provide a significant number of new jobs. This is not acceptable."

_39511598_norway_lofoten_203.gif

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
High ArticSun,

I have been lucky enough to go fishing for Salmon in the Lagen [no o-over-A on my keyboard...] as well as fly fishing for Sea Trout around Stavern and Tjolling, really beautiful places and times I will never forget.

Recently I have been out with some friends down on the Ebro after Wels Catfish... the one night I was busy elsewhere, a friend from the UK had a 170LB fish getting on for 3M long.... =P I am going to get out there again and hope I get something worth posting this time, other than 1001 Mosquito bites on my butt....

NoSaint

Thats exactly what i figured the deal was. THe atlantic fishery is the holy grail of salmon and the fly fishing snobs control.

I fly fish from time to time, but get turned off buy it from some of the attitude that comes with the territory....

well the biggest rivers are regulated and quite strictly enforced in season so no live bait for the big salmon. A coupple of them run as some of the most expencive fishing spots in the world.. highly exclusive, bigshots from all over the world come here. the river "Maalselv", river "Tana", and river "Alta" are major waterways that compete with eachother for the world record for largest atlantic salmon every year. over 20kgs/50 pounds is normal in many rivers here. do a youtube search on either of those 3 and you will see loads of hits. here is one of a local bringin in a 50 pounder in the river "Alta".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2arq6hyLmU

every now and again i get invited to go and fish in these rivers by locals i get to know. usually it requires a riverboat and a locally known "rower" to row the boat safely because the rivers are so wild and large.

but there are quite a few smaller unregulated rivers, little secrets here and there where noone but the govt owns and noone is enforcing regulations.

personally i prefer the smaller more secluded rivers, i dont like people looking over my shoulder when im out fishing. i much prefer to privately enjoy my toke and do as i please ofc hehe.

it is supposed to turn for the better on thursday, and then for the worse again come sunday.. sigh.. so we might get 3 days of good fishing this weekend. im not sure what we will be going for, there was talk the other day about going to a salmon river which can only be reached by boat. its a medium sized river with medium sized fish, but good chance of hooking more then one.

but that depends on several stoners lol so we will see, if not, and we get quiet seas. i might go spotting for that school of seatrout again.

Latest posts

Latest posts