What's new

Get Baked and Go Fishing

bentom187

Veteran
thanks, thats all i caught today the bass where not taking anything i threw at'em,it was pissing me off id throw out a lure the bass would come out of the water at it and then snag some bugs up instead, im thinkin about trying some canned crickets or somthing new next time, oh well i got some planting time in too, mabey next week ill get more pics

A

arcticsun

i find these to be excellent in shallow or in difficult bottom conditions.. we call em "trout bombers" i have no idea what they are called in the US or anywhere else

bombe(7).jpg

you fill them with water to get the desired floating capacities... sink, intermediate float (half full of water) or float (no water).. 2 to 4 meters of line from the bomber to the fly/wobbler/lure

this way you can fish shallow and difficult conditions with a fly or a small lure or a wobbler with better range and precition.

many times ive used these we've left he fly fishermen pissed off because we can use the same fly as them and get twice the range, more precition and we can cast on surfacing fish quicker aswell.

i reccomend it for all kinds of shore fishing, just attatch your favorite bait

NoSaint

Guys use them in the us to fish flies off spinning gear. I forget what they are called, just clear bobbers.

Float fishing rocks, you can out fish fly guys 10 to 1 fishing a fly under a float with spinning gear. You get a perfect dead drift that way.

http://www.floatfishing.net/

i find these to be excellent in shallow or in difficult bottom conditions.. we call em "trout bombers" i have no idea what they are called in the US or anywhere else

bombe(7).jpg

you fill them with water to get the desired floating capacities... sink, intermediate float (half full of water) or float (no water).. 2 to 4 meters of line from the bomber to the fly/wobbler/lure

this way you can fish shallow and difficult conditions with a fly or a small lure or a wobbler with better range and precition.

many times ive used these we've left he fly fishermen pissed off because we can use the same fly as them and get twice the range, more precition and we can cast on surfacing fish quicker aswell.

i reccomend it for all kinds of shore fishing, just attatch your favorite bait

Styles P

im sooooo stoked me and my boys went out fishing is a gravel pit. alot of people like to dump there trash out there instead of paying to get it removed(yeah nj trash). so were out there fishing and we found a boat someone didn't want and set a sale out there to get rid of it. a nice boat that can go out in a river, all we have is a lil 12 foot bass boat. going back to take it tomorrow to fix it up and go out and catch big fish. i love taking someone's else's trash and turning it into something special.

NoSaint

im sooooo stoked me and my boys went out fishing is a gravel pit. alot of people like to dump there trash out there instead of paying to get it removed(yeah nj trash). so were out there fishing and we found a boat someone didn't want and set a sale out there to get rid of it. a nice boat that can go out in a river, all we have is a lil 12 foot bass boat. going back to take it tomorrow to fix it up and go out and catch big fish. i love taking someone's else's trash and turning it into something special.

NJ huh. Do you do any striper fishing? I try and get down there once a year for stripers and blues, but wasn't able to get down this year. I love striper fishing, just never get too. Its a 5.5 hour drive for me.

A

arcticsun

Guys use them in the us to fish flies off spinning gear. I forget what they are called, just clear bobbers.

Float fishing rocks, you can out fish fly guys 10 to 1 fishing a fly under a float with spinning gear. You get a perfect dead drift that way.

http://www.floatfishing.net/

float fishing rocks indeed, its extremely effective, you get that debth control without having to reel in like a madman. fishing with shrimp flies f.eks makes for a much more natural movement.

a great tip is to use these when fishing with mini-lures and wobblers 1 to 4 grams... just replace the fly. you get that extra range on the small lures and fly.. live bait such as worms etc is allso great.

most importantly imo is to get that extender line long enough, minimum 2 meters

Styles P

NJ huh. Do you do any striper fishing? I try and get down there once a year for stripers and blues, but wasn't able to get down this year. I love striper fishing, just never get too. Its a 5.5 hour drive for me.

ahhhh man i love striper fishing they swim up the de river from march till june every year. biggest i ever caught was 40 inches. but my main fishing is bass i feel it takes more skill then just casting as far as you can and wait for a hour till u see your rod bend. but i still like river fishing, nothing like ripping in a huge channel cat. btw just curious to what town you come to fish at? i fish in pennsville. man i love n.j fishing so many lakes and gravel pits and bays and rivers to fish in.

NoSaint

ahhhh man i love striper fishing they swim up the de river from march till june every year. biggest i ever caught was 40 inches. but my main fishing is bass i feel it takes more skill then just casting as far as you can and wait for a hour till u see your rod bend. but i still like river fishing, nothing like ripping in a huge channel cat. btw just curious to what town you come to fish at? i fish in pennsville. man i love n.j fishing so many lakes and gravel pits and bays and rivers to fish in.

I usually fish sandy hook state park Its the only place I know where to go. I'm sure anywhere theres a beach you can fish will have them, but the hook is the only place I've been.

Styles P

if you ever go back go to penns grove nj and ask how to get to the old nursing homes, people are always there thats where i caught my biggest one and no shit this guy ripped in a 3 and a half striper. i saw it and he let it go but he had it out for so long he had to rock it back and forth for like 10 mins before it swam away.

NoSaint

if you ever go back go to penns grove nj and ask how to get to the old nursing homes, people are always there thats where i caught my biggest one and no shit this guy ripped in a 3 and a half striper. i saw it and he let it go but he had it out for so long he had to rock it back and forth for like 10 mins before it swam away.

You ever come to NY to fish for salmon and steelhead?

bentom187

Veteran
nosaint its a very small pond that i fished out of, probably less than 3 acres and he was in the weeds pretty good,i dont think its acidic theres just alot of vegitation with some shallow ereas with sandy bottom i can just walk out past the weeds and cover alot of water.im like doing some striper fishing around here,im thinking about getting either a lamiglass surf rod or a st.croix

A

arcticsun

here you go guys, something to show im not all talk hehehehe

atlantic cod. i didnt have the cam with me, so i had to wait until i got home to take pics. unfortiunately i had to take the head off first.

but you get the drift, Cod ca 15KG */-.. its not a huge one, but descent size :D

picture.php
picture.php