What's new

Genetically Modified Crops Are Safe, Report Says

GSPfan

Veteran
Excessive chemical fertilizers used on gmos leach into the ground water and destroys lakes with algal blooms. The pic shows how bad it's gotten in the great lakes. Its sad really that all the fish will have to die before something is done. Too bad mother nature doesn't have millions to throw around on some politicians.

redlaser

Veteran
Not sure why everyone is crying about GMO's, when they have been eating GMO's for years and haven't even realized it...

90% of all corn and 94% of all soy is GMO...

I remember a study saying the typical American is 70% carbon, from corn...

Someone EXPLAIN TO ME why GMO's are bad. Why do YOU in particular hate them, you consume it now....

Most people who I ask this question to, without a computer in front of them to give em answers, are just following what they have heard from people and cant give a reason except "what they heard"...

It's not so much the fact that the plants are gmo, it's that they are gmo'd to accept roundup/ glyphosphate treatments and survive. There is a whole other issue of using it to uniformly kill fields of crops for more predictable harvest times. In a French study after 7 months of rats drinking .1ppb glyphosphate water they got tumors. This is a common amount in drinking water in some areas. The U.S. allows glyphosphate levels in the ppm ranges, usually 1ppm but as high as 8ppm on almond and peas, and 300ppm in animal forages. At least one other effect of glyphosphate in your gut is that it will kill the microlife, causing health issues. There is roundup ready wheat too, along with sugar beets and cotton. The French study lasted two years it seems, Monsanto only had to test glyphophate for 90 days, that's a huge part of the problem. Monsanto continues to lobby to have higher acceptable levels of glyphosphate in various food crops.

MileHighGlass

Organic foods cannot supply the demand, plain and simple and will never be able to....

Organic farmers STILL use pesticides and fungicides, dont get it twisted....

Organic foods fed the planet just a few decades ago.

In a matter of a few more decades "natural" foods will dominate the american market.

You are completely wrong about what you say.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Organic foods fed the planet just a few decades ago. If we forget history we are bound to repeat it.

In a matter of a few more decades "natural" foods will dominate the american market.

You are completely wrong about what you say.

When the planet had 3 billion less people, organic may have been able to sustain, but we have more then doubled that population...

A recent 21 year study in Switzerland and 200 studies in America and Europe showed the same results, that Organic crops yield 20% less then a conventional field..

GSPfan

Veteran
When the planet had 3 billion less people, organic may have been able to sustain, but we have more then doubled that population...

A recent 21 year study in Switzerland and 200 studies in America and Europe showed the same results, that Organic crops yield 20% less then a conventional field..

And how is a dirt poor farmer from a third world country going to afford the seeds and chemicals? Monsanto is in it to make money, not save the world. Luckily organic farming can be done for free. And if yeild and space is the issue then wouldn't hydroponics be the answer?

MileHighGlass

I will up the ante some. There is not enough water to sustain the planet for more than 50 years if the majority of the planet doesn't go vegetarian/vegan. Ironically this would solve your supposed food shortage via organics.

As we all know a huge bulk of the crops that we "need" are only feeding animals, not humans.

I just saved the planet. :)

krunchbubble

Veteran
And how is a dirt poor farmer from a third world country going to afford the seeds and chemicals? Monsanto is in it to make money, not save the world. Luckily organic farming can be done for free. And if yeild and space is the issue then wouldn't hydroponics be the answer?

Monsanto seeds have been supplying third world farmers for decades. The seeds are a bit more expensive, but the the real money saver for the farmers NOT needing to spray pesticide and fungicides. And more abundant, uniform yields....

Ever heard of Golden Rice? GMO rice that saves hundreds of thousands of people in third world countries every year....

corky1968

Veteran

I guess you don't like eating real fruits any more? Those are made thru organic farming.
By not eating real fruits you will help feed people who like real foods. Your GMO and/or
chemical spray sympathy is going to kill the Planet leaving us with only wind pollinated crops.

In 50 years from now, kids will go on a school trip to see what apples looked like at a museum.

krunchbubble

Veteran
I will up the ante some. There is not enough water to sustain the planet for more than 50 years if the majority of the planet doesn't go vegetarian/vegan. Ironically this would solve your supposed food shortage via organics.

As we all know a huge bulk of the crops that we "need" are only feeding animals, not humans.

I just saved the planet. :)

Not enough DRINKABLE water....

I propose every citizen is given a huge dehumidifier for their backyard from the government...

Make your own fucking water from the air....

BAMM, saved the Earth....

MileHighGlass

Not enough DRINKABLE water....

I propose every citizen is given a huge dehumidifier for their backyard from the government...

Make your own fucking water from the air....

BAMM, saved the Earth....

Those would be some damn big dehumidifers. What about the electricity to run them?

A lot of error in that thinking.

A lot easier to just not eat factory farmed animals.

krunchbubble

Veteran
I guess you don't like eating real fruits any more? Those are made thru organic farming.
By not eating real fruits you will help feed people who like real foods. Your GMO and/or
chemical spray sympathy is going to kill the Planet leaving us with only wind pollinated crops.

In 50 years from now, kids will go on a school trip to see what apples looked like at a museum.

Dont like eating Real fruits and vegetables?

I have several contracts with high end restaurants in San Francisco, including one of the most famous on The Embarcadero...

My Garden Gem and Garden Treasure tomatoe varieites, considered the best tasting tomatoes in the world, get 4 times retail, in a wholesale market...

Please dont tell me what REAL fruits or vegetables are...

krunchbubble

Veteran
Those would be some damn big dehumidifers. What about the electricity to run them?

A lot of error in that thinking.

A lot easier to just not eat factory farmed animals.

Solar panels for every dehuy....

Cost less then running huge desalination plants...

corky1968

Veteran
Dont like eating Real fruits and vegetables?

I have several contracts with high end restaurants in San Francisco, including one of the most famous on The Embarcadero...

My Garden Gem and Garden Treasure tomatoe varieites, considered the best tasting tomatoes in the world, get 4 times retail, in a wholesale market...

Please dont tell me what REAL fruits or vegetables are...

Garden Gem tomatoes can't be that good. Supermarkets refuse to sell it. :laughing:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2015/07/garden_gem_tomato_why_harry_klee_s_perfect_cultivar_isn_t_sold_in_supermarkets.html

Last edited:

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
There you are. :)

I knew I would see you in here.

I now predict this thread will be closed.

No no....it's all yours. You didn't get what I was driving at last time around...so there's no way

even if I just kept kicking you in your balls...you'd be unable to grasp.

have fun...spend that time constructively

Latest posts

Latest posts